The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just read that you would want to reapply even if you got another offer just to go to King's - I would advice to stick with the offer you get to be honest. King's is pretty awesome, but the things you mentioned that you love about it - most medical schools can offer that.

We don't write many essays at kings....and working with people on other courses doesn't happen often. Yes learning in scenarios is pretty awesome etc but honestly, don't give up your place at another medical school just to reapply to Kings :smile:

Original post by aspiringmedic1
I really want to work in kings college hospital because it's in quote a deprived area and I think it will be so amazing and such a challenge. London is the best place to train as a doctor because it is so multicultural and you meet so many different people, plus kings college is one of the to medical schools in the country - that must be for a reason!

:smile:
It is a traditional course so mainly lectures and you are attached to a patient in the first year.
Also you have this inter professional education thing where you work with other people from other courses like nursing and physiotherapy and work on scenarios and write essays on relevant things - all about embracing teamwork in a hospital.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by callummj6747
Certainly a large part of a kings offer, the tensions surrounding the 'can we see your stuff' message is tense!! As I'm rejecting Newcastle I may send them a photo of me with the caption 'nahhhhhhh' instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha.. that's very easy to say sitting on a couple of offers, but for us mere mortals with nothing you can understand the concern :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yolo_kevin
Very true, actually caused my blood pressure to increase :colondollar: haha you could make yourself into a meme, I'd love that if I were on the admissions department

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give them something to smile about, I'd have to wear a Sunderland shirt though for the occasion!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
Haha.. that's very easy to say sitting on a couple of offers, but for us mere mortals with nothing you can understand the concern :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

After last years BS I can sympathise, empathise and know the traumatic rollercoaster of emotions you're going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
After last years BS I can sympathise, empathise and know the traumatic rollercoaster of emotions you're going on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh what happened last year if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhh what happened last year if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford - crashed and burned at interview.
Barts - misread my statement and claimed I'd done an illegitimate qualification, by the time it was identified they'd given out all offers.
Newcastle - The UKCAT average shot up and I missed out by 2.
Liverpool - Woman who ran my volunteering had a heart attack so I was unable to start before UCAS form sent off, Liverpool rejected due to not enough volunteering.
Application cycle 2013 = a comedy of errors!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sure I'll be rejected now :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmagic
So sure I'll be rejected now :frown: :frown: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whys that? Early interview and still not heard?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting ~
(edited 10 years ago)
Whys that? Early interview and still not heard?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on the 10th Dec and I've heard nothing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2470
I wonder if kings are holding back some people into a waiting list to compare them with current interviewees, and then sending offers/rejections out? I know it says somewhere that they do offers on a rolling basis. I mean, my interview was Dec 5!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmedic1
I know right:frown: I'm beginning to get scared now.

Thinking of reapplying even if I get another offer because I really really want kings. What do you guys think?

I think that you're CRAZY. "The best med school is the one that will take you". I get you really like kings, but there's no guarantee of getting an offer next time round, and competition gets fiercer every year! If you get one offer this year, just firm it. Otherwise you may spend a stressful gap year reapplying only to get no offers...
Original post by lixto
I wonder if kings are holding back some people into a waiting list to compare them with current interviewees, and then sending offers/rejections out? I know it says somewhere that they do offers on a rolling basis. I mean, my interview was Dec 5!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I checked last years thread, when people are put on the waiting list they get an email saying so.
Hi they are doing things a bit differently as they are scoring people out of a 100
But what you say makes senses

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone with a rejection after interview been asked to upload their passport?
Reply 2475
Original post by lixto

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think that's how it works

It says in the application guide:
'Applicants are ranked at interview and those who perform particularly well are offered a place first, while those who perform less well, but still to a high standard, may be held a little longer pending a final decision.'
Reply 2476
So worried! International student still haven't received interview. Anyone else in this position ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2477
Original post by jlduval1
So worried! International student still haven't received interview. Anyone else in this position ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2478

same here!
Original post by Ocranae
Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who had an interview on the 19th heard back yet by any chance? I received the thank you message after uploading my documents on monday. Not sure what to expect! Gap year student

My interview was on 19th as well, but I haven't heard anything!! It's driving me crazy, because I thought I'd done okay and KCL is my first choice :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest