The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
Got offer for BSc Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method at 10.43. My dream came true, LSE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by benq
Got offer for BSc Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method at 10.43. My dream came true, LSE I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg! Well done! I know you've been waiting ages, it's been a long time coming! Hopefully LSE will be kind to me today...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4062
Original post by benq

Congrats, What were your AS GCSE and A2 Predictions?
Original post by benq

wow congratulations. I hope i hear back today on the BSc economics course i applied for.

May i ask what your GCSE, AS and predicted grades were?
Reply 4064
Original post by benq

That is great!! Well done! :smile: May I ask a question, when did you apply? Did you get any emails, like 2,5,4 weeks email?
Original post by benq

Well done, may i ask at what point of the email cycle you were at?
If you have firmed, or are planning to firm LSE - then head over to http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2560450 (firmer thread).

Good luck to all those still waiting - today could be the day you've been waiting for!
Reply 4067
Got the 7 week mail today, so happy I didn't get an instant rejection ^^ now it's back to waiting...
Reply 4068
``
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by benq
Thanks everybody!

I am 9 weeks past my 7 week email + 2 week Christmas email.

My AS grades were only ABB in Economics, History and Mathematics. My A2 predictions are A*AAaa (Economics, History, Maths, AS Further Maths, EPQ).

As you can see my grades were way below the LSE standard but my PS was exceptionally good and tailored under the LSE course. I talked purely about academic matters, didn't mention anything irrelevant, mentioned 7 books and a lot of Philosophy related activities such as essay competition, public lectures, Philosophy related EPQ, etc, so yeah. My reference also was top notch.

Good luck to everybody and will be seeing you at the LSE! :cool:

Dayum. Well done. So anything non-academic is completely irrelevant? Even if it shows interest in the course? This is (bad) news to me. I only mentioned 2 books, and one of them was just to say 'it deepened my interest in a particular topic). :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4070
Does anyone know when LSE usually replies to ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE applicants? The last person that received an offer got it on DEC 5 2013.
Original post by Rock_99
Does anyone know when LSE usually replies to ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE applicants? The last person that received an offer got it on DEC 5 2013.

I'm applying aswell heres my email cycle:

Intro blah blah
5 week email
christmas 2 weeks
now i have to wait 4 weeks

What cycle are you on?
Reply 4072
Original post by Sun_Bear
I'm applying aswell heres my email cycle:

Intro blah blah
5 week email
christmas 2 weeks
now i have to wait 4 weeks

What cycle are you on?

Well I got the blah blah email
7 week email (yes not the 5 week one)
2 week christmas email

I am tired of waiting -.-
Original post by benq

Congratulation. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock_99

should be anytime now :smile: i'm also an af applicant! my 9 weeks ends next friday (7 weeks + 2 week christmas break). Hopefully going to hear back soon!
Unconditional offer for politics and philosophy. It took me two years and two goes but I finally made it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4076
Just got the your 'application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle'

And to expect another four weeks waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by siddshah06
should be anytime now :smile: i'm also an af applicant! my 9 weeks ends next friday (7 weeks + 2 week christmas break). Hopefully going to hear back soon!

Hey we're in the same position, my 9 weeks will be finished next week too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Just got the your 'application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle'

And to expect another four weeks waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did your last email said? Is it the 7 weeks email? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4079
Original post by pranatirao
What were your predicted scores?

I was predicted 17/20 overall at the French baccalaureate. I received an offer this morning , so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending