The Student Room Group

Second degree

So I am going back to uni to retrain I was wondering as a Mature student what finances are in place to help me out with course fees and halls and all that stuff?
If you've already had undergrad funding not a lot.
All depends on your individual circumstances and what funding you have had previous. Ask in the student finance forum or ring up student finance.
As you can have 4 years of loans and grants I believe and tuition fees paid for. But again this would depend on how you financed your previous study and your course you are returning to.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
hmm well that's the end of that idea then.unless i can find a part time job or something
(edited 10 years ago)
There's not a lot of funding for post grad unless you can find a sponsor / scholarship / loan.
As for undergrad you can get up to 4 years depending on what course you have done and what other undergrad course you are planning on doing as it doesnt apply to those doing nursing etc.
So its best to ring up student finance or ask on the forum on here who have a dedicated student finance team to answer queries. As personal circumstances can dictate what you are entitled to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by deviant182
There's not a lot of funding for post grad unless you can find a sponsor / scholarship / loan.
it doesn't apply to those doing nursing etc.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oddly enough that's what i was thinking about doing when i had my operation they manged to really make me calm and were so nice i want to help people in the same way that they helped me
Well best of luck whatever you decide.
Deadline is jan 15th for nursing so I recommend saving and gaining experience if this is the course you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by deviant182
Well best of luck whatever you decide.
Deadline is jan 15th for nursing so I recommend saving and gaining experience if this is the course you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i will thanks for your help
Reply 7
NHS courses (nursing, etc) are exempt from the rules of second degree funding.

It doesn't matter how your first degree was funded - they only look at what qualifications you have.
Reply 8
Original post by New- Emperor
So I am going back to uni to retrain I was wondering as a Mature student what finances are in place to help me out with course fees and halls and all that stuff?

Depends what course and at what level? NHS and teacher training is exempt from the rules about limits on funding.
Just ask them -

NHS Student bursaries enquiries

Telephone: 0300 330 1345 or 0191 279 0570

Email: [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending