The Student Room Group

Do you wear shorts under your skirts and dresses?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by syrettd
The dress is floor length and doesn't look right if I have underwear underneath. I'd rather that if there was a gust of wind or something that people saw my underwear, which is very beautiful (I have a massive lingerie collection) than that they saw my tatty shorts. Because I am really into very nice lingerie, the idea of being caught wearing not nice underwear/shorts is more embarassing to me than if someone accidentally caught a peek and thought 'Wow, nice knickers' but I can totally see your point of view on it. I think you're seriously overestimating how many men try to look up girl's skirts though :tongue:

It's not that many but one is enough for me :tongue:
I've seen my classmate wear a very short backless dress and wore black trousers under it. Otherwise, it's way too cold and revealing without them.
Reply 62
Original post by SecretDuck
I've seen my classmate wear a very short backless dress and wore black trousers under it. Otherwise, it's way too cold and revealing without them.

Like actual trousers under the dress or leggings?
Original post by stace1244
Like actual trousers under the dress or leggings?

Yep, it was actual trousers. :yep:

The dress only went halfway to the thigh. It was a windy day and there was a risk that you could see her underwear.
Reply 64
Original post by SecretDuck
Yep, it was actual trousers. :yep:

The dress only went halfway to the thigh. It was a windy day and there was a risk that you could see her underwear.

I never normally wear actual trousers underneath because it doesn't look right, leggings and tights yes :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by the bear
PRSOM

lmao I wouldn't say that was rep worthy :lol:

Original post by MagicNMedicine
How much do you bet OP is a 40 odd year old guy :lol:

New user, joins TSR to make a post about wearing spandex under skirts and makes multiple posts on the thread. I'm guessing he hasn't come here to debate feminism or immigration like everyone else, he's eagerly looking at the posts on here from student age girls talking about what they wear under their skirts and whether they are bothered by the chance of flashing their knickers. I bet he's been checking all these girls profiles to see if they have pics of themselves too...so he can put faces to names :sexface:

LOL! Makes sense tbh. Pretty worrying thread now. :lol:
Reply 66
Original post by Precious Illusions
lmao I wouldn't say that was rep worthy :lol:

LOL! Makes sense tbh. Pretty worrying thread now. :lol:

it is sad that young ladies cannot discuss their nether garments without some old pervs looking over their shoulders :mad: :mad:
Original post by stace1244
Same as me :tongue: Where did you get yours from?

i had to get it for school but then i never used it for that purpose (maybe sometimes for PE), so yeah a uniform shop :tongue:
I don't wear shorts under my skirts and dresses, for three reasons. First, I don't like or believe in wearing trousers, including shorts. Even if you have a skirt or dress over the top, it still means wearing what is basically male clothing underneath. Second, in the unlikely event there was a gust of wind or something else that made my underwear visible, I would rather people saw I was wearing normal underwear. Finally, I could imagine that many of my skirts and dresses would show a VPL (or VSL) if I had shorts on underneath.

Normally I wear simple black bikini-style briefs, except with clingy dresses or skirts and long floaty gypsy-style skirts which I wear in summer. With these I go commando, which feels great and is a very good thing to do from time to time health-wise.
Reply 69
I do that, but with those spandex shorts. Only because I don't want people seeing my underwear if I sit down at school :tongue: Also, I'm victim to winds swinging up my skirt
Reply 70
Original post by EmmaBurton
I don't wear shorts under my skirts and dresses, for three reasons. First, I don't like or believe in wearing trousers, including shorts. Even if you have a skirt or dress over the top, it still means wearing what is basically male clothing underneath. Second, in the unlikely event there was a gust of wind or something else that made my underwear visible, I would rather people saw I was wearing normal underwear. Finally, I could imagine that many of my skirts and dresses would show a VPL (or VSL) if I had shorts on underneath.

Normally I wear simple black bikini-style briefs, except with clingy dresses or skirts and long floaty gypsy-style skirts which I wear in summer. With these I go commando, which feels great and is a very good thing to do from time to time health-wise.

I never get a VPL from my spandex shorts. Because they are quite thin and tight fitting I never have any problems :smile: And I would never go commando lol
Reply 71
Original post by Ndella
I do that, but with those spandex shorts. Only because I don't want people seeing my underwear if I sit down at school :tongue: Also, I'm victim to winds swinging up my skirt

Yeah I have noticed a couple guys trying to get a peak at mine while sitting at school but the spandex shorts soon stopped them lol
No I have never worn shorts under my skirts/dresses no matter how short they are or how floaty they are. I wear what ever panties I feel like wearing at the time sometimes I go commando. If a windy gust happens and people see what does it matter as long as you're wearing nice knickers or other style panties. I have had a few upskirt moments but didn't bother me I was wearing nice knickers at the time and knew what could happen when wore the skirt/dress

You say you're not comfortable wearing the shorts you wear under skirts just with a top it doesn't make sense as to then why you wear them, as having an upskirt moment people will see your shorts which is basically just the same as seeing your knickers or what ever panties you wear. If an upskirt moment happens there nothing you can do, loosen up a bit
Original post by EmmaBurton

I agree with what you have said
No.

Although, when I was at school, I used to wear my PE shorts under my skirt. There was no way I was risking flashing my knickers to everyone behind me when we went up the steps :tongue:
Reply 75
I get embarrassed about people seeing the shorts but I have to wear them to avoid chaffing
Not gonna lie, I just wear underwear underneath dresses and skirts😂 but I try to avoid the skimpy underwear. I'd rather people saw my knickers than a thong showing all my bum cheeks hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i do! can't leave the house without them on.

i'm always afraid that i'll trip and pass out or something, but my skirt will have risen up as i fell and i can't pull it down if i'm passed out so everyone will see my ass and thong... weird i know.
I wear legging type shorts if I'm not wearing tights. I have big legs and it stops them from rubbing so for me it's more comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
I usually wear spandex, I'm not sure where I got them though because I bought them ages ago when I needed them under my lacrosse skirt.

Quick Reply

Latest