The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie1994
So does this mean Liverpool has started giving out offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received an offer from them yesterday and have been invited to a visit day :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by claireatherton
When's your interview for Sheffield?:smile: are you going to the selection day?☺️

On the 24th of January :smile:
Yeah I am! Excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmajane96
On the 24th of January :smile:
Yeah I am! Excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as me then! Congrats :smile:
Reply 43
Same as me then! Congrats :smile:

I'll see you there then!
Congrats to you too!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I studied at Canterbury College in Kent. I studied BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care at Level 3. I was rewarded a DDM. I applied to UCAS last year to study Occupational Therapy but sadly I received no others. Unfortunately, I had a caution on my record which is now been completely removed due to new legislation (crb to DBS). My predicted grade was DMM and i received DDM. I applied to universities that wanted DDM so I didn't even receive a interview. I applied to Canterbury Christchurch, University of East Anglia, London South Bank University, Bournemouth University and Sheffield Halam University. I only receive an interview for Canterbury. My experience from the interview was okay, a little nervous but okay. I would recommend using COT website for news on health care as 9/10 will ask a question about the news relating to health care.

I applied on 9th January 2013 and heard back from everywhere by 21st March 2013. I've left college and currently working full-time in a nursing home. Get work experience if you can or sign up with an an agency where you are flexible to work and you can work in hospitals, care homes, nursing homes, domicilary care, day hospitals, independence academy's etc etc. The more experience the better. Be yourself in your interview and Smile! Nobody likes a miserable, dull person especially in this industry that you're hoping to start your career. I haven't applied to the same universities this year because some of them I felt there feedback wasn't very helpful and gave a very dull conclusion. Oh and if you have applied to Canterbury Christchurch don't panic if you haven't heard back. They normally do their interviews very late. Last year I was at a Health and Social Care conference in Paris and I found out on the 10th February that I had an interview on the 18th February. Good luck everyone!
Reply 45
Original post by Sophie1994
So does this mean Liverpool has started giving out offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got offers from Liverpool and Cardiff so far :smile:
Reply 46
I received an offer from them yesterday and have been invited to a visit day :smile:

I've been invited to a visit day at Liverpool too after receiving my offer, but I'm on holiday, but I emailed admissions and they said its not necessary applicants attend a visit day - phew :tongue:
Hey guys,

I am a third year Occupational Therapy student at the University of Cumbria. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. x
Reply 48
Original post by cows_in_the_jungle
Hey guys,

I am a third year Occupational Therapy student at the University of Cumbria. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. x

Hiya! I'm just wondering if you had to do an interview for your course and if so, could you give me any tips?
Also, is the OT course any different to what you expected it to be like when you're applying? Or if there are any things about the course you don't like?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by ruthghaly
I've got offers from Liverpool and Cardiff so far :smile:

Hi did cardiff interview you or did they just gave you an offer based on your personal statement and predicted grades? and when did they give you one? coz i havent heard from them yet i am so nervous... thank you so much
Reply 50
Original post by dingto
Hi did cardiff interview you or did they just gave you an offer based on your personal statement and predicted grades? and when did they give you one? coz i havent heard from them yet i am so nervous... thank you so much

They interviewed me in mid December after I sent my application off in mid November x
Reply 51
They interviewed me in mid December after I sent my application off in mid November x

thanks a lot!

Hi and well done! How long did they take to get back to you with an offer? I had my interview on the 15th January and I can't wait to hear if I've got in x
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cows_in_the_jungle
Hey guys,

HIYA! you wouldnt happen to know when the accommodation for this year opens would you? thanks.:smile:
Original post by CharlotteFB
Hi and well done! How long did they take to get back to you with an offer? I had my interview on the 15th January and I can't wait to hear if I've got in x

Woohoo I've just received an offer from Cardiff. Good luck everyone!
Woohoo I've just received an offer from Cardiff. Good luck everyone!

Ahh I had mine on the 15th Jan too! Havent heard back yet though :frown:
Original post by ellielouise
Ahh I had mine on the 15th Jan too! Havent heard back yet though :frown:

Were you there in the morning? I think I remember a girl called Ellie. Hope you hear soon and its good news x
Were you there in the morning? I think I remember a girl called Ellie. Hope you hear soon and its good news x

Hey, no my interview was in the afternoon. Im overly checking my emails now haha

Also, has anyone heard back from UWE?

x
Reply 58
I've got an interview at UWE in April and just had email today about interview at Cardiff in a couple of weeks time.

For those of you who had interviews already at Cardiff, what was it like?! Seems they don't take long to get back to you after it! I'm nervous!!
Reply 59
Hey I got an interview at canterbury through today via email excited. Its on the 28th Feb. Does anyone know what they may ask at the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest