The Student Room Group

Fashion Design 2014

I sent my application off to study fashion design at these uni's:

LCF - Fashion Design and Development
Manchester Met - Fashion
Nottingham Trent - Fashion Design
Leeds - Fashion Design
Birmingham City - Fashion Design

I've got an interview at Birmingham City and have been asked to send off an online portfolio to LCF and Nottingham Trent.

I was wondering if anyone had applied to the same courses and had interviews/offers and could tell me anything about them?

Hannah x
Reply 1
I’m applying to do fashion too! I’ve applied to ManchesterMet, Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Edinburgh and NorthumbriaJ
Sent work off to Manchester, Edinburgh and Nottingham andhave an interview at Northumbria. Haveyou heard anything back from Leeds yet? I’m so nervous!!
Naomi x
Reply 2
Hey, I applied to:
LCF - Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear
CSM - Fashion Design: Womenswear
Westminster: Fashion Design
Kingston: Fashion Design

I've been asked to send off portfolios to LCF and Kingston.

Good luck everyone!
Ariana
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by AAR90
Hey, I applied to:
LCF - Fashion Design Technology: Womenswear
CSM - Fashion Design: Womenswear
Westminster: Fashion Design
Kingston: Fashion Design

I've been asked to send off portfolios to LCF and Kingston.

Good luck everyone!
Ariana

Have you done your foundation??
Reply 4
Original post by Miss411
Have you done your foundation??

I don't need to, I'm about to complete a BTEC in Fashion and Clothing which is sufficient on its own.
You only need to have done a foundation if you're coming straight from A-Levels or if they review your portfolio and consider you to need to do one, but that usually doesn't tend to happen with BTEC students. At least from my college anyway.

How about yourself?
Reply 5
Hi :smile: I've applied to:

LCF
BA Fashion Textiles: Print

Chelsea
BA Textile design

and

CSM

BA Fashion Print

The BA at CSM is my dream course!! I haven't done a foundation, currently studying on a Level 3 diploma in Art & Design. Not sure I'm up to the standard to get into these colleges this year, but going to try my best and if I don't get in will be reapplying next year.

The only thing I've heard back so far is a mini portfolio request from LCF. Pretty scared as I have to send in the images by Friday!!

Chloe x
Hi!

I applied to CSM: Womenwear; LCF: BA fashion design and development; Kingston: fashion. I'm an EU applicant and they only ask me for my portfolio. I am waiting :frown: But I didn't do a foundation, just the equivalent of A levels of art and design in my country. Is it possible that they forward me to the foundation?
Reply 7
Hi,

I've applied to CSM- Womenswear, Kingston- Fashion Design, UCA- ROCH-Fashion design, Westminster-Fashion Design and Middlesex- Fashion design.
I'm currently on a foundation course after studying A BTEC in fashion and clothing, a foundation is not essential but is much preferred, it basically just helps you on building your portfolio, it's a tough year but hopefully worth while. I've sent my portfolio to Kingston, and have an interview for UCA so far.

Good Luck x

Chantelle
Original post by HeyHay11
Hi,

I've applied to CSM- Womenswear, Kingston- Fashion Design, UCA- ROCH-Fashion design, Westminster-Fashion Design and Middlesex- Fashion design.
I'm currently on a foundation course after studying A BTEC in fashion and clothing, a foundation is not essential but is much preferred, it basically just helps you on building your portfolio, it's a tough year but hopefully worth while. I've sent my portfolio to Kingston, and have an interview for UCA so far.

Good Luck x

Chantelle

Do you have already an answer from kingston?
Reply 9
I have my interview for kingston soon, fingers crossed.
Reply 10
UPDATE:
I have an offer for LCF FDT Womenswear which was my first choice and an interview at Westminster (which I probably won't attend due to the aforementioned but will call to cancel as it's the polite thing to do)
No answer from Kingston and a portfolio request from CSM but as I said, I have my first choice so I'm very happy!

Good luck everyone and do keep posting results!
Ariana x
Reply 11
Original post by AAR90
UPDATE:
I have an offer for LCF FDT Womenswear which was my first choice and an interview at Westminster (which I probably won't attend due to the aforementioned but will call to cancel as it's the polite thing to do)
No answer from Kingston and a portfolio request from CSM but as I said, I have my first choice so I'm very happy!

Ariana x

Congrats!

Chantelle x
has anyone else heard from westminster for fashion design interviews?
Bethany
Reply 13
Hey, when did you have your interview for LCF FDT I had mine last monday and they said two weeks until I found out just wondering if you had to wait two weeks?
Ruby x
I've had an interview at lcf on Monday and they said they make a decision that day so I'm just waiting to find out of track
Hello,
Iam invited for an phone interview at LCF by this month end. What is it like and what are they expecting from the student? What will follow this phone interview?
Aswini
Reply 16
Original post by AAR90
UPDATE:

Ariana x

Out of curiosity, do you still have your Flickr account and if you do could you please post the link? I understand if you say no obviously but three of the girls from my uni course have been declined for even a portfolio review for LCF womanswear so i'm just wondering what kind of thing they are looking for? Thank you very much!
Reply 17
Hi Guys

I am an International Student and i am having 13 yrs of Experience in Fashion Industry and i planning for a 1 yr PG course.I have got Offers for Fashion Buying and Management from the following universities. Can u suggestion me which this the best university to study for.

1. Westminister
2. MMU
3. Heriot Watt
4. Southampton
5. coventry (London Campus)
6. glasgow caledonian university (London Campus)

Pls help me to select the best one from it
Hi! I just accepted my offer from LCF- BA fashion design and development. Have you received offers for this course?

Quick Reply

Latest