The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
I don't know what you're trying to argue here (haven't kept up with your silly women hating ramblings), but you seem to be making a point that women initiate the large marjority of divorces as if it's a valid point for something.

If someone initiates for a divorce, it's usually because they have been wronged by their partner and so it validates the notion that the majority of the time divorce happens, it is a consequence of the man's actions rather than the woman's.

Moreover, divorce rates are likely to be rising because women earn more and thus they are confident that they can independently look after themselves when they break up with their partner. Why does this mean so much to you? It means that before women who could not work would stay with their partner simply for money reasons and be 'emotionally divorced' with them. I know several housewives which have stayed with their cheating husbands simply because they can't afford to leave them.

I love you.
:biggrin:

But ladies, can any man beat the old school Turkish dream boat, Cuneyt Arkin

:smug:

Oh, wow :flutter: but i have to say Kivanc Tatlitug comes close, maybe he's even better
Related to the divorce debate. Despite what Holywoodbungie said, you also have to consider Women being able to divorce is a very nascent idea. Women weren't able to choose or leave their partners for the majority of history: I don't see why (if there is correlation supporting Women divorcing more oft) it's a bad thing. It just seems like you're holding on to some idealogical atavisms in order to repress the freedom of libertie Women can now enjoy, regardless of why. Even then, this sounds anecdotal considering evolutionarily speaking Women invest more in a relationship then Men.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Leave him alone, he is smart! :mad:

I think you've just emasculated him. :hahaha:

bluebubblegum
You're just ruthless today

Today? Always.

hollywoodbudgie
Actually, it's quite the opposite with some women. Some have a thing for rough guys- i.e.with no affluent status or wealth at all.

Almost* all women 'have a thing for rough guys'...with some form of status, whether it be societal, social, or whatever. If they had no status then every homeless person on the street would have women chasing after them. I think that you and I can at least agree that this is not the case.

bluebubblegum
Or there's always a man not being able to keep it in his trousers

You can think that, if it helps you sleep at night.

Spoiler

hollywoodbudgie
If someone initiates for a divorce, it's usually because they have been wronged by their partner and so it validates the notion that the majority of the time divorce happens, it is a consequence of the man's actions rather than the woman's.

Okay, Mrs Budgie, let's analyse your paragraph now shall we...

You claim: If someone initiates for a divorce, it's usually because they have been wronged by their partner.

Which you claim implies that: the majority of the time divorce happens, it is a consequence of the man's actions rather than the woman's.

:hmmmm:

Oh dear, what a slip up. So by your logic, only the man is capable of wronging their partner. After claiming that I go on 'women hating ramblings' you make yourself look the fool by making more obvious your misandry, as if it wasn't already very obvious. :lol:

INurl
I love you.

L _ _ B _ _ N.

I'll leave it to someone else to fill in the gaps.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by RamocitoMorales

You can think that, if it helps you sleep at night.

Spoiler

Are you saying it doesn't happen, and people don't get divorced because of it?
Original post by bluebubblegum
Are you saying it doesn't happen, and people don't get divorced because of it?

No, I'm sure there are cases of it having happened in history.
[QUOTE="bluebubblegum;46011502"]
Original post by TheGameOfScience

I'm turkish cypriot too (50%)!!

And i think Ozil is attractive, and that bod :yes:

OMG Yesss!!!! loool what is your other 50% if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:
Leave him alone, he is smart! :mad:

Actually, it's quite the opposite with some women. Some have a thing for rough guys- i.e.with no affluent status or wealth at all.

Everybody knows that the uptown wants a downtown guy :colondollar:

Thank you, still liking that internet backup:wink::cool:
[QUOTE="TheGameOfScience;46012976"]

OMG Yesss!!!! loool what is your other 50% if you don't mind me asking :biggrin:

Turkey-Turkish :grin:
[QUOTE="bluebubblegum;46013260"]

Turkey-Turkish :grin:

thats a great mix :biggrin:

That's the first nice thing you've said about me. I'm flattered. :blush:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
That's the first nice thing you've said about me. I'm flattered. :blush:

it was directed at bubblegum:tongue:..... but you are very welcome good sir
[QUOTE="TheGameOfScience;46013300"]

ah thank you :h: yours is great- which of your parents are from cyprus?
[QUOTE="bluebubblegum;46013464"]

ah thank you :h: yours is great- which of your parents are from cyprus?

:biggrin: thank you, there isnt many cypriot turks that i know in real life unfortunately :frown: and my dad is cypriot turkish hbu?:biggrin:
[QUOTE="TheGameOfScience;46013781"]

:biggrin: thank you, there isnt many cypriot turks that i know in real life unfortunately :frown: and my dad is cypriot turkish hbu?:biggrin:

:five: my dad is also cypriot, and i dont many cypriots either
[QUOTE="bluebubblegum;46013886"]

:five: my dad is also cypriot, and i dont many cypriots either

woah loool this is crazy both our dads are cypriot and we are 50 50 :biggrin: i think cypriots are really rare to come by loool
[QUOTE="TheGameOfScience;46013955"]

woah loool this is crazy both our dads are cypriot and we are 50 50 :biggrin: i think cypriots are really rare to come by loool

Yeah it is pretty rare, but not so much in places like London :tongue:
[QUOTE="bluebubblegum;46014136"]

Yeah it is pretty rare, but not so much in places like London :tongue:

Lool i live in london and no one in my entire 6 form is cypriot turkish:frown:
[woah loool this is crazy both our dads are cypriot and we are 50 50 :biggrin:

Calm down, it's not that crazy. :rolleyes:

TheGameOfScience
i think cypriots are really rare to come by loool

Actually the vast majority of Turkish immigrants in the UK are either Cypriot or Kurdish (mostly of the former).
[QUOTE="TheGameOfScience;46014167"]

Lool i live in london and no one in my entire 6 form is cypriot turkish:frown:

Aw well they do exist in the UK :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest