London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Confirmation email from LSE on 1 October
2 week email on 7 October
5 week email on 15 October
4 week email on 22nd November
Should've gotten a decision on 20th December - the day LSE closed for Christmas - but got the Christmas email instead.

I've forced myself to stay patient because I don't want to annoy them and cause them to reject me out of spite. I just went back and checked the auto-confirmation email, and it says the decision will be out in 12 weeks or by 31 March, whichever is earlier. I have now waited 15 and a half weeks.

Please somebody reassure me I wouldn't be at all unjustified in emailing them to ask where my bloody decision is. Because I'm ready to start punching faces/walls.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by CG1012
Offer for politics and philosophy! So happy, especially after telling my parents and finding out they lost hope after hearing of my Cambridge rejection last week...haha

Me too! Haha congrats. My parents lost hope from the start when I told them I was reapplying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got the strongest applicant 4 week email. Let the waiting begin again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bshrestha
Did you talk about politics in your personal statement? Me too! I got rejected from Oxford and waiting on Warwick. Where else did you apply? I applied to UCL (not heard anything) and Nottingham (Offer). If LSE reject me, I might just take a gap year. You must be so happy!

I didn't talk about politics in my PS because I knew Oxford didn't care about the PS and Warwick website states that they would like to see an interest in two of the three subjects so I just wrote about Philosophy and Economics. Having said that, people have gotten offers from LSE where Personal statements weren't tailored for the course. In the unlikely situation that you are rejected from LSE and get into UCL. I think you should think very carefully about taking a gap year as UCL is also a very well respected University and their course (I am guessing you applied for Phil&Econ) looks great. Warwick's PPE course looks great too :tongue:
Good luck again :smile:

I applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey.
I have offers from LSE and Surrey.
Original post by bshrestha
Do they give out offers during the weekend or are they closed??

I think offers/rejections are sent out on Fridays.
Original post by weetabixing
Confirmation email from LSE on 1 October
2 week email on 7 October
5 week email on 15 October
4 week email on 22nd November
Should've gotten a decision on 20th December - the day LSE closed for Christmas - but got the Christmas email instead.

I've forced myself to stay patient because I don't want to annoy them and cause them to reject me out of spite. I just went back and checked the auto-confirmation email, and it says the decision will be out in 12 weeks or by 31 March, whichever is earlier. I have now waited 15 and a half weeks.

Please somebody reassure me I wouldn't be at all unjustified in emailing them to ask where my bloody decision is. Because I'm ready to start punching faces/walls.

I can totally relate :tongue:
I've been waiting since October, too.
It's pretty irritating and I get hopeful every time Friday rolls by.
Original post by epicfail13
I can totally relate :tongue:
I've been waiting since October, too.
It's pretty irritating and I get hopeful every time Friday rolls by.

My life for the past 4 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got the "One of the strongest applications..." email only a week after my application...
Not sure if this means i'll be rejected quick or if it's a good sign haha
Congrats to everyone who has an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBlueGuy
Just got the "One of the strongest applications..." email only a week after my application...
Not sure if this means i'll be rejected quick or if it's a good sign haha
Congrats to everyone who has an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did to and I got an offer and got that email a week after I applied so don't worry :smile:
Original post by BigDaddy202
I did to and I got an offer and got that email a week after I applied so don't worry :smile:

Great! Oh the panic when you see an email from them just hoping it's not rejection haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_2entulkw go to 30 seconds, might make you smile and 'relax' a bit. Now we can struggle on with our lives for another weak. . .

*scowls*
Reply 4151
Original post by tan11
Yup I'm still waiting and I applied on the 11th October, but I did get the 'your application is among strongest in cycle blah..' email on 13 the December.it did mention it could take another 4 weeks from that day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you applying for economics? I got the same email as you on 13th and i sent it around 11th october aswell. I thought we were going to hear today from them :frown: so scared
Hey there!
Has anyone got an offer for Mathematics and Economics?
Thanks!
Reply 4153
Original post by rohan11
Are you applying for economics? I got the same email as you on 13th and i sent it around 11th october aswell. I thought we were going to hear today from them :frown: so scared

Yeah I'm applying for economics as well, every Friday I get my hopes up but nothing ... I'm still yet to visit lse as well :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4154
Original post by tan11
Yeah I'm applying for economics as well, every Friday I get my hopes up but nothing ... I'm still yet to visit lse as well :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah same for me I applied lik on 14th october with some of my friends who applied there aswell and most of them who applied for straight economics with better grades then me have been rejected so I am really nervous now but happy that I atleast got this far.
Reply 4155
So any pure Economics offers today anyone?
Original post by corax
Hopefully we'll hear in four weeks then! and Birmingham, Lancaster, Bristol and Sheffield, I'm only waiting on LSE. What about you?

I applied to UCL, Kings, Queen Mary and Brunel. I haven't received any offers from anywhere yet because my application was only sent on 30th of December, hopefully we both get in. What did you apply to study?
Reply 4157
Original post by C7jnr
I applied to UCL, Kings, Queen Mary and Brunel. I haven't received any offers from anywhere yet because my application was only sent on 30th of December, hopefully we both get in. What did you apply to study?

Sociology at everything except for Birmingham were I applied for Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Ah good luck!
I was going to apply for UCL until I read about them requiring a language at GCSE (I did French and got an E, oops)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThirdCultureKid.
Just received the 7 week email for IR! Should I expect the next email to be an offer/rejection or is there another one asking me to wait longer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4159
Original post by corax
Sociology at everything except for Birmingham were I applied for Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Ah good luck!
I was going to apply for UCL until I read about them requiring a language at GCSE (I did French and got an E, oops)

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL don't offer sociology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending