The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

As anyone heard from Nottingham today for L100?
Reply 2861
Original post by adamsandler

Nope, apparently all the applications will be decided on by today so might not hear until mid next week. Not really expecting an offer but haven't been rejected yet :redface:
Original post by adamsandler

Nope. Got an open day email from Bath, though :smile:
Original post by Pro Crastination
Nope. Got an open day email from Bath, though :smile:

same situation, which open day you planning to go to (if you're planning to go to one that is haha)?

No word from Nottingham, not been rejected JUST yet hahaha
Original post by Fas
same situation, which open day you planning to go to (if you're planning to go to one that is haha)?

No word from Nottingham, not been rejected JUST yet hahaha

Originally I wanted to go the the 15th of February, but now I'm thinking I'll go to one of the later ones for coursework reasons, as our deadline is mid February.

I'm going for full marks in an English Literature coursework and I've just had a look at last years full mark essays... O_O. So that's why I'm a little panicked.

Edit: I'm in Birmingham for that day anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Libertine96
I've just received an email from UCL asking for my module grades as I am applying for straight Economics. Is it standard to ask for module grades or does it mean that I actually have a chance? I ask this because I got a B in Core 2, whilst I won't blame it all on being ill (recurrent problem which lasts a week to ten days at a time) I feel it had an impact and that's why my teachers still predicted me an A* without asking, although I did still under perform in the exam. I know that once I send off the information, my chances will become nil.

I also got this email around late October. I replied with everyone of my module grades, not UMS. I also got a B in C2 but I put (resitting) next to it, as I am also predicted an A* as my B was 79 UMS anyway but I want to resit it to give myself some leverage with D1 because for some reason I don't like it!
I haven't heard from UCL since they replied saying thanks for me replying so quickly to their email!
Fingers crossed for us all
I've just received an email from UCL asking for my module grades as I am applying for straight Economics. Is it standard to ask for module grades or does it mean that I actually have a chance? I ask this because I got a B in Core 2, whilst I won't blame it all on being ill (recurrent problem which lasts a week to ten days at a time) I feel it had an impact and that's why my teachers still predicted me an A* without asking, although I did still under perform in the exam. I know that once I send off the information, my chances will become nil.

One B won't totally ruin your chances as long as you're other modules are good

I wouldn't worry. I know someone who got in with AABBC at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just booked the bath open day for the 12th February. Anyone else going on that day?
Original post by ellenabethx
I also got this email around late October. I replied with everyone of my module grades, not UMS. I also got a B in C2 but I put (resitting) next to it, as I am also predicted an A* as my B was 79 UMS anyway but I want to resit it to give myself some leverage with D1 because for some reason I don't like it!
I haven't heard from UCL since they replied saying thanks for me replying so quickly to their email!

I wasn't sure whether that was a good idea as UCL say they like it to be in one sitting
Anybody going to to Uni of Bath economics open day, 12th Feb?
I wasn't sure whether that was a good idea as UCL say they like it to be in one sitting

well I wasn't going to exactly lie, I didn't want to not declare it and if I was called to interview (small possibility but could) then jeopardise my place due to that
Reply 2872
Received offers from all the uni i applied to :smile:
Durham, Bath, Bristol, York, S urrey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lynnny8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!:smile: What's your first choice? I'm possibly going to firm Bath or Bristol (if I get an offer from Bristol that is)
Original post by Bloxorus
Just booked the bath open day for the 12th February. Anyone else going on that day?

Strangely I haven't received the open day invite yet, but I'm planning to book that day when I do :smile:
Original post by hanna_grover
Anybody going to to Uni of Bath economics open day, 12th Feb?

I am :smile:
Reply 2876
Original post by lynnny8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :smile: I've applied to four of the same as you! If you dont mind me asking, when did your ucas get sent off and what predicted and achieved AS did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pro Crastination
Originally I wanted to go the the 15th of February, but now I'm thinking I'll go to one of the later ones for coursework reasons, as our deadline is mid February.

I'm going for full marks in an English Literature coursework and I've just had a look at last years full mark essays... O_O. So that's why I'm a little panicked.

Edit: I'm in Birmingham for that day anyway.

fair enough, yeah i was thinking about going to one of the later ones too due to History coursework haha, plus it'll be a tad warmer :tongue:
Original post by ellenabethx

likewise, i received this email late november/early december time, ended up sending them a photocopy of my results sheet so they got all my module grades and UMS, not sure whether that was a mistake or not though :tongue:

Yeah same situation, they replied very quickly saying thanks but haven't heard from them since! have they said anything to you regarding a timeframe of when offers get given out and such?
Original post by Fas
likewise, i received this email late november/early december time, ended up sending them a photocopy of my results sheet so they got all my module grades and UMS, not sure whether that was a mistake or not though :tongue:

Yeah same situation, they replied very quickly saying thanks but haven't heard from them since! have they said anything to you regarding a timeframe of when offers get given out and such?

I avoided putting my UMS up, an A could be 99 UMS or 80 if the grade stood alone
The last UCL related email I had was something to do with scholarships, which of course annoyed me immensely as when I saw the email in my inbox I basically had a heart attack.

I reckon we'll be hearing soon, at least I hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending