The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ST10
How important is it to have a national curriculum degree or national curriculum a levels for a primary pgce? I'm considering applying next year but don't have either :s-smilie:

It isn't at all! I have a levels in IT and Business and a degree in Marketing!

It becomes relevant when your applying for Secondary, but not Primary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4881
Original post by womanonamission
It isn't at all! I have a levels in IT and Business and a degree in Marketing!

It becomes relevant when your applying for Secondary, but not Primary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh phew! just had a bit of a worry that none of my a levels or my degree were national curriculum. thank you for the info!
Original post by ST10
oh phew! just had a bit of a worry that none of my a levels or my degree were national curriculum. thank you for the info!

That's ok! You'll have to relate your degree to the national curriculum at interview stage and things like that, but you've got a while to think about that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4883
Original post by womanonamission
That's ok! You'll have to relate your degree to the national curriculum at interview stage and things like that, but you've got a while to think about that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My degree is Criminology and Sociology, and a fair few of my Sociology modules can be related so hopefully I'll be able to relate it all okay. Thanks for the info again :smile:
Reply 4884
Have a quick question about the numeracy skills test. Anyone who has taken it do we only get 18 seconds to answer the mental arithmetic questions like it is for the online practice? Would appreciate if anyone could let me know
Thanks!
Original post by Ar1234
Have a quick question about the numeracy skills test. Anyone who has taken it do we only get 18 seconds to answer the mental arithmetic questions like it is for the online practice? Would appreciate if anyone could let me know
Thanks!

Yep it's exactly the same as the practice ones.
Original post by bellylaugh

Does anybody know how many times we can reschedule the skills test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4887
Original post by bellylaugh

Thanks

Oh dear thats way too quick!!
Reply 4888
Original post by Esmeralda4
How did you find it? I really enjoyed it actually, has made me slightly less sure of which is my first choice! If I get in I guess I have a big decision to make. Lol.

I found it quite good actually...i spent so long talking to the interviewer...she asked like 2 questions haha...hopefully thats a sign i answered a lot in my answers :tongue: its weird...i was in the same room as you today but have no idea who you actually were haha...mysterious!
Original post by MS90
I found it quite good actually...i spent so long talking to the interviewer...she asked like 2 questions haha...hopefully thats a sign i answered a lot in my answers :tongue: its weird...i was in the same room as you today but have no idea who you actually were haha...mysterious!

Hahaha spooky! :-P I was the girl in group C, in the grey dress.

And I spent ages talking as well and am also hoping that is a positive not a negative!!!! Lol.
Reply 4890
Hahaha spooky! :-P I was the girl in group C, in the grey dress.

And I spent ages talking as well and am also hoping that is a positive not a negative!!!! Lol.

I knew it was you!!!!cos you mentioned being offered a place at derby!i was the guy you worked with!! :redface: NO WAY!haha...even spookier now that id get put with you..of all people haha
Original post by MS90
I knew it was you!!!!cos you mentioned being offered a place at derby!i was the guy you worked with!! :redface: NO WAY!haha...even spookier now that id get put with you..of all people haha

Hahaha that is insane!! Small world eh??
Can track update over the weekend?
Reply 4893
Hahaha that is insane!! Small world eh??

Very haha! I see you managed to find your way home then!unless you are still on campus using phone internet haha
Original post by MS90
Very haha! I see you managed to find your way home then!unless you are still on campus using phone internet haha

Hahaha! Yeah...curled up under reception or something. Yeah made it home. No gas explosions. All good. :-P
Reply 4895
Hahaha! Yeah...curled up under reception or something. Yeah made it home. No gas explosions. All good. :-P

Hahaha yeaaaah...my issue was i was nearly late to work cos of traffic!!was well bad!i was the last one to leave haha
Hey has anyone heard from Glasgow unì yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MS90
Hahaha yeaaaah...my issue was i was nearly late to work cos of traffic!!was well bad!i was the last one to leave haha

Haha woops!
Reply 4898
Haha woops!

Apparently they still have loads more interviews to do!i asked the interviewer sone questions as i left haha.. what was your interview with her like?
Original post by xnicolexwx
I think that will be fine, you still have a few days to prepare which should be okay. I haven't taken my skills tests yet, I've got mine on the 27th and 29th. I don't think it will go against us. I had university exams so would have been a nightmare preparing for those and my uni exams! I attend Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge which hasn't got a very good rep so I wouldn't worry. Just remember they chose us for a reason :-) Yeah if I were you'd I'd stay overnight just to be sure. I have an interview with Oxford Brookes on the 24th and I'm staying overnight. You never know what traffic will be like, etc. What uni are you studying at?

Ah cool :smile: Oh okay, not just me who hasn't done the skills test yet then! Yeah I am going to book somewhere, would be too stressful otherwise I think :smile: Oh well done on your Oxford Brookes interview! I haven't heard from either of my other choices yet :frown: I am at the University of Bath at the moment - I am doing a bit of a random course though, it's social sciences so a mix of sociology, psychology, politics and education. I would have applied for a PGCE here but they don't do them :'( I've been having a think about interview clothes! Ahh, been two years since I've had an interview so need to buy some new clothes I think. Also... have no idea what to put on the 'personal statement' bit of the college application form - is it just a list of hobbies or should it be continuous prose explaining them and why you do them? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending