The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Manic8
It was through fast track. Got an offer from hkust at the end of Dec and still waiting on hku. Tho hku has sent an email asking for documents to be sent directly to the faculty..apparently this is because they want directly look at my records instead of waiting

may i ask you which course have you applied to at HKU? I applied for BEcons.
Original post by ashay
guys !! We all received an email from Hku in last couple of days.
Does the email mean that we have been shifted to the main round?
Some of my friends in my school applied for bachelors of engineering and had their interview on december 17, and they received offer on January 13

Are you also applying engineering? Maybe your friends 's situation can't apply your case if u go different faculty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Yes, I applied for engineering.
I guess the results of engineering are out on 13th :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ashay
Yes, I applied for engineering.
I guess the results of engineering are out on 13th :/

May I ask if u are staying in hk? Chance is they probably do not need interview if you are far from hk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
May I ask if you are staying in HK? Chance is they probably did not need interview if you are far from HK.
Reply 85
Original post by Helloworld88
May I ask if you are staying in HK? Chance is they probably did not need interview if you are far from HK.

No, I am from Pakistan !
Reply 86
i had it on the 17th for architecture but havent had anything back :/
Anyone applied for Government and Law in HKU and have interviews?
did anyone receive offer for medicine?
Original post by ashay
No, I am from Pakistan !

How about your friends who got offer? Were they needed to fly to hk for interview or by Skype ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by jeddybed
may i ask you which course have you applied to at HKU? I applied for BEcons.

First choice is quantitive finance 2nd choice economics
Reply 91
has anyone received offer from architecture in hku yet?
Reply 92
I just got an offer last night around 7pm HKT for biomedical science for HKU. Good luck everyone!
Original post by bcmilk
I just got an offer last night around 7pm HKT for biomedical science for HKU. Good luck everyone!

Congrats. Did you receive an email several days ago before the offer email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Congrats. Did you receive an email several days ago before the offer email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Yep, the same email everyone got. It got me really excited when I saw it... realllly disappointed when it was an email to confirm an application I sent out two months ago!
Funny that they send the emails at around 7pm, would have thought they would do it during the afternoon or something
Reply 95
Original post by bcmilk

Congrats man !
is your scholarship pending? or have they offered you a scholarship with the offer? and do you remember the date you had your interview?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 96
How about your friends who got offer? Were they needed to fly to hk for interview or by Skype ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are too from Pakistan. They had their interviews on phone.
Reply 97
Original post by bcmilk
Thank you :smile:

Yep, the same email everyone got. It got me really excited when I saw it... realllly disappointed when it was an email to confirm an application I sent out two months ago!
Funny that they send the emails at around 7pm, would have thought they would do it during the afternoon or something

congrats, I didn't get an email for confirmation for some reason! Does that mean I've been pushed to the main round or something?
Reply 98
Original post by Manic8
First choice is quantitive finance 2nd choice economics

I finally paid the deposit for HKUST after thinking about the better employment prospects in Hong Kong. Good luck to you! Hopefully we shall see each other at HKU.
Reply 99
Original post by ashay
Congrats man !
is your scholarship pending? or have they offered you a scholarship with the offer? and do you remember the date you had your interview?

I didn't apply for a scholarship since I'll be paying the local fee - I applied through international admissions because I'm a non-jupas student. My interview was on the 20th of December.

Original post by cycahm
congrats, I didn't get an email for confirmation for some reason! Does that mean I've been pushed to the main round or something?

I'm not sure? Maybe it depends on faculty? People at my school who applied also got confirmation emails, the university should notify you if you've been pushed to the main round or not.

Quick Reply

Latest