The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by freshypot♥
No worries, it's ABB. And yes, no interviews for chemistry! :smile:

I see, you going to accept warwick's offer?
Next Wednesday? If so I'll see you there:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Setsuna
I see, you going to accept warwick's offer?

Erm, I don't think so :colondollar: Warwick is a wonderful uni, but my sister is currently studying there, and I want to go to a completely different place to her, to make sure I'm not reliant on her!

I'd probably accept their offer if my sister wasn't there!
Reply 1384
Original post by theCreator
I think it depends a lot on your interviewer. Some people were given a really tough time and others were pretty relaxed and easy going. When is yours? :smile:

On yhe 29th of Feb just been going over my personal statement and A2 course :frown: how is the day laid out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1385
Original post by freshypot♥
Erm, I don't think so :colondollar: Warwick is a wonderful uni, but my sister is currently studying there, and I want to go to a completely different place to her, to make sure I'm not reliant on her!

I'd probably accept their offer if my sister wasn't there!

what's your sister studying?
Original post by gmseahorse
Next Wednesday? If so I'll see you there:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be there too. :biggrin:

Is Imperial your top choice?
Original post by Setsuna
what's your sister studying?

Biochemistry, so we'd both be in similar departments!
Original post by keelahla
On yhe 29th of Feb just been going over my personal statement and A2 course :frown: how is the day laid out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah you have plenty of time. Just continue going over AS/A2 and your personal statement and you should be fine :smile:

Putting it shortly, first it's a small talk in the cafe, followed by a tour, lunch and then finally a 2 hour time interval for interviews. It was the most awkward of all my interviews but you'll have a good day, especially if you're outgoing and easily make new friends!
Reply 1389
Original post by theCreator
Ah you have plenty of time. Just continue going over AS/A2 and your personal statement and you should be fine :smile:

Putting it shortly, first it's a small talk in the cafe, followed by a tour, lunch and then finally a 2 hour time interval for interviews. It was the most awkward of all my interviews but you'll have a good day, especially if you're outgoing and easily make new friends!

Whoops I meant 29th of January *facepalm* thanks for the advice im just doing loads of interview practise :smile: do they ask more chemistry or like personal questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJG21
I'll be there too. :biggrin:

Is Imperial your top choice?

Nah but looks like a good insurance if I can get them to give me an AAA offer. My firm will probably be Oxford. Am I right in thinking that that is the case with you too? If it is then are you going to say that you need an AAA offer?
Nah but looks like a good insurance if I can get them to give me an AAA offer. My firm will probably be Oxford. Am I right in thinking that that is the case with you too? If it is then are you going to say that you need an AAA offer?

My firm will be Oxford, yes.

And I can't exactly tell them I need an AAA offer, that's a bit rude :tongue:
Original post by CJG21
My firm will be Oxford, yes.

And I can't exactly tell them I need an AAA offer, that's a bit rude :tongue:

I'm not going to put it quite like that :smile: but in all honesty since Bristol decided to change their standard offer I might be looking at 4 A*AA offers which leaves me no choice with respect to my insurance.
I'm not going to put it quite like that :smile: but in all honesty since Bristol decided to change their standard offer I might be looking at 4 A*AA offers which leaves me no choice with respect to my insurance.

Likewise. Bristol at AAA would have been my insurance. :facepalm:

How are you going to put it? I may need some tips... :tongue:

I think it's a mistake on Bristol's part to up their offer. They are going to lose all the quality students who would have insured them. Very few people will pick Bristol over Imperial/Durham/Oxford/Cambridge on the same grades.
Original post by CJG21
Likewise. Bristol at AAA would have been my insurance. :facepalm:

How are you going to put it? I may need some tips... :tongue:

Original post by CJG21
I think it's a mistake on Bristol's part to up their offer. They are going to lose all the quality students who would have insured them. Very few people will pick Bristol over Imperial/Durham/Oxford/Cambridge on the same grades.

I absolutely and completely agree on all points. I was so annoyed!! My mother suggests in the any questions part of the interview saying "far be it for me to dictate terms but...."
I absolutely and completely agree on all points. I was so annoyed!! My mother suggests in the any questions part of the interview saying "far be it for me to dictate terms but...."

Hmm...

I may have to ask them what the likely offer would be, and state my case. Can't see it working though.

They may give an AAA offer even if you don't say anything. :dontknow:

I sodding hope I get one though!
Original post by CJG21
Hmm...

I may have to ask them what the likely offer would be, and state my case. Can't see it working though.

They may give an AAA offer even if you don't say anything. :dontknow:

I sodding hope I get one though!

Very true. I think it's probably worth the risk though seeing as A*AA is as good as no offer at all.

How many people are there on here with AAA offers for Imperial?
Very true. I think it's probably worth the risk though seeing as A*AA is as good as no offer at all.

How many people are there on here with AAA offers for Imperial?

There was a lad I met at my Oxford interviews who got an AAA offer. I suppose on the day they'll say how common each offer is like they did at Bristol.
Original post by geor
I'm really annoyed as well haha, as I would have insured Bristol too. I have an AAA offer from Imperial, but I preferred Bristol!

Really?

I didn't like Bristol at all when I went. Regret applying there now. Should have picked Edinburgh/Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending