Straight Economics for both.

Which one would you pick and why?

PLEASE HELP ME! REALLY CONFUSED!!!!!
Original post by RebelV005
Bristol vs Nottingham?

Bristol is slightly higher ranked but overall I believe they are of a similar stature for Economics. I think in this case you can't afford to ignore the non-pecuniary factors (yey, I used it in a conversation!) such as whether you want a campus university (Nottingham) or a city university (Bristol), whether you want to be near home or not, etc.
Anyone heard anything back from Nottingham yet?
Reply 2883
Original post by RebelV005
Bristol vs Nottingham?

They're both similar so it comes down to which you like the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2884
Original post by Pro Crastination
Anyone heard anything back from Nottingham yet?

I have an offer for Economics & Econometrics which is A*AA and I'm waiting on straight economics. If I get an A*AA offer again I'm gonna have to start negotiating >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ross95
I have an offer for Economics & Econometrics which is A*AA and I'm waiting on straight economics. If I get an A*AA offer again I'm gonna have to start negotiating >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got one through from Nottingham for L100. Sadly it's A*AA, but it's still a nice compliment to get from the university that they'd be willing to have me on their pure economics programme.

I wasn't expecting an AAA offer, so it's not the end of the world. I have to say, their admissions tutor was really helpful in spelling out all of the options available to me, so I really can't complain. :smile:
Just got one through from Nottingham for L100. Sadly it's A*AA, but it's still a nice compliment to get from the university that they'd be willing to have me on their pure economics programme.

I wasn't expecting an AAA offer, so it's not the end of the world. I have to say, their admissions tutor was really helpful in spelling out all of the options available to me, so I really can't complain. :smile:

Congrats!

I still haven't had a decision from Nottingham!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So are you going to firm Bath then? I still can't choose between Bath or Nottingham

I have to say though, Nottingham's admissions tutor is actually really helpful. She replied to my email within 5 minutes when she was on her way home.
Original post by Bloxorus
Congrats!

I still haven't had a decision from Nottingham!! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, Blox. Which universities do you have offers from at the moment, and which are you going to be firming/insuring? I seem to recall that you have one from York - which will probably be my insurance now.
Thanks, Blox. Which universities do you have offers from at the moment, and which are you going to be firming/insuring? I seem to recall that you have one from York - which will probably be my insurance now.

Yes I have an offer from York and one from Bath. Still waiting on UCL, Bristol and Nottingham.

Providing I get offers, il firm UCL and insure Nottingham. I'm doing 4 A2s so hopefully I'll get an A*ABB offer from Nottingham :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monstercable
So are you going to firm Bath then? I still can't choose between Bath or Nottingham

I have to say though, Nottingham's admissions tutor is actually really helpful. She replied to my email within 5 minutes when she was on her way home.

Can't agree more. I was receiving responses to my emails (that I'd sent the evening before) at 9:00 on the dot.

Firming Bath. Personally I would say Bath edges it in terms of career prospects and rankings wise - especially with the placement year. Nevertheless, Nottingham sure does seem to produce a lot of successful business people. I'd probably have a look around both campuses, talk to students and staff and consider what's important to you. For me, I fell in love with Bath because of the accommodation, the placement, the campus feel, the beautiful city, the fact that it's not too far from London is probably quite good also - but not pivotal for me.

Again, Notts probably has the better campus, going from what I've heard. And a better night life - something Bath is apparently bad for - but I'm not fussed because I much prefer a conversation over a coffee than being sh*tfaced ^_^.
Bristol is slightly higher ranked but overall I believe they are of a similar stature for Economics. I think in this case you can't afford to ignore the non-pecuniary factors (yey, I used it in a conversation!) such as whether you want a campus university (Nottingham) or a city university (Bristol), whether you want to be near home or not, etc.

I am struggling to work out the "net advantage".
Bristol seems more prestigious but Nottingham edges it when it comes to city and university life.

Going to visit both universities and then decide.
Reply 2892

Congrats pal :smile: saw your "academic CV" a few pages back and I'm pretty much in the same position. Guessing I'll hear this week but tbh theres not difference between rejection and an A*AA offer for me cause I already have my firm :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2893
Just received an AAA offer from Nottingham ! :smile:
Original post by Alley23
Just received an AAA offer from Nottingham ! :smile:

Well, congratulations. What were your AS/Predicted and GCSEs? I'm wondering if they are handing these out to people who they really want to firm with them - eg A*A*A* candidates with 10 GCSE A*s or whatever :3.

Or did you qualify for the lower offer because of extenuating circumstances?
I still haven't heard from Nottingham. :frown:
Original post by ravenclawed
I still haven't heard from Nottingham. :frown:

Neither have I :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2897
Well, congratulations. What were your AS/Predicted and GCSEs? I'm wondering if they are handing these out to people who they really want to firm with them - eg A*A*A* candidates with 10 GCSE A*s or whatever :3.

Or did you qualify for the lower offer because of extenuating circumstances?

Thanks :smile: my predicted grades were AAA as well, but I dont have GCSEs cos I'm an international applicant, so they probably have a different offer range for internationals which was probably why I got the AAA offer.
Original post by Alley23
Thanks :smile: my predicted grades were AAA as well, but I dont have GCSEs cos I'm an international applicant, so they probably have a different offer range for internationals which was probably why I got the AAA offer.

Ah, of course. Yeah it's AAA for internationals.
Just got my offer from Nottingham!

A*AA or A*ABB! Will probably insure it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending