The Student Room Group

What phobias do you have?

Title says it all I guess. When I was a baby I had an infection in or around my belly button, and now I get really uncomfortable when people are poking their belly buttons or something. Touching mine makes me quite queasy and I only do so when it needs to be washed or something. Not a very big fan of belly button piercings. :redface:

Called "Omphalophobia" btw.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's a phobia but I can't stand scraping, squeaky noises especially when you drag your nails across something, it makes my teeth feel weird. Ugh it makes me feel nasty thinking about it!
Not a phobia but really dry towels, to the point when they're almost stiff. Hate touching them with my hands, same thing with wooden handled items like tools unless they've been painted and also some types of paper, makes me shiver.

Having my ears touched or folded over.
A phobia of quiche. Genuinely serious.
Phobia of Frogs and Snakes, can't stand them urghh
Phobia of birds, especially pigeons.

Everyone finds it funny when I'm trying to dodge them :frown:
I have a phobia of ants :colondollar:

I tried to find a photo of them swarming to show why but I just couldn't :sad:

Myrmecophobia
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Trypophobia : Phobia of punching, drilling or boring holes like shapes - My worst nightmare , I know quite weird and not many people in the world has it.

and

Claustrophobia
Reply 9
Original post by Lucy96

Lucy Weasley ?
Reply 10
Original post by jilebinator

Oh my goodness, me too!!!! I thought I was the only one....
Original post by jilebinator

Me too...I think it's getting worse too because pigeons are become more and more brave and are less scared of being close to humans. I also have a phobia of spiders, pretty much all insects, certain materials, vomiting (I can't stand talking about it or hearing of others being nausea...the good thing is I don't do it regularly but I hated last year because I was sick after not having puked since I was about 8)...I think that's about it really.
Original post by -Neuro-
Not a phobia. But I have a weird, irrational fear of crumpets :colondollar: They just make me feel so uncomfortable.......

Try eating them instead of inserting them into your anus.
Reply 13
Original post by zaback21
Trypophobia : Phobia of punching, drilling or boring holes like shapes - My worst nightmare , I know quite weird and not many people in the world has it.

and

Claustrophobia

I have this too! Ugh I hate those patterned holes >_>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fidgetingmidget
Title says it all I guess. When I was a baby I had an infection in or around my belly button, and now I get really uncomfortable when people are poking their belly buttons or something. Touching mine makes me quite queasy and I only do so when it needs to be washed or something. Not a very big fan of belly button piercings. :redface:

Called "Omphalophobia" btw.

going down escalator
Most insects and spiders. I really hate the crunch they made when squished but I can't have alive ones around either.

Dentist drill. I had braces for years and now whenever I visit the dentist and she needs to use the drill my hearts starts beating faster and I get all panicky.
Original post by Lucy96

I think I have Arachnophobia too, although it's not really a big deal as I don't see spiders all that often. The scariest ones are the large ones that walk around the floor; I have to flank them and keep track of them, and it's always during the night... They usually disappear though, so it's all good. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by 2710
I have this too! Ugh I hate those patterned holes >_>

Posted from TSR Mobile

The worst part is, you don't see them coming since they are everywhere in nature.
Original post by zaback21
The worst part is, you don't see them coming since they are everywhere in nature.

Does that mean you dislike sponges?
I have a fear of small heights, sort of like the opposite of vertigo.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest