The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by C7jnr
You should have applied to UCL, they say you can fulfil the language requirement upon arrival, my school didn't even run a language class for GCSE and I still applied

Mm I got an E in French though at GCSE, I'm not exactly bi-lingual by any means and I don't like the idea of you having to study a language. I'd rather it be an option.

Original post by pranatirao
Just curious, what e-mail did you receive yesterday?

Saying you are one of the strongest candidates ... please allow more time to assess you against other candidates... Allow an extra four weeks to decide.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
"I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application."
The two weeks are this Wednesday I'm so nervous...
Original post by siddshah06
Accounting and Finance!! :biggrin: yeah good luck to you too!! what stage of the process have you reached?

I applied on 26th December. I got 2 week email on 2 jan and then I got a mail this friday saying "Saying you are one of the strongest candidates, give us upto 7 weeks". Hope to get a reply soon!!. Wbu what process are u in? and may i ask u ur gcse and AS grades.
Original post by eduardoblopes
"I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application."
The two weeks are this Wednesday I'm so nervous...

Which course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBlueGuy

International Relations
Reply 4185
Nothing written in this thread today? How come?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4186
Original post by valerab
I sent them an email, and they said they'll let me know soon... that was 8 weeks ago lol

If you've applied for IR, then don't worry about it. The course is the most competitive at LSE and thats why it takes longer. :smile:
Original post by chripro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Monday mate.....doesn't get lively till Wednesday night/Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4188
Original post by gracelich
Monday mate.....doesn't get lively till Wednesday night/Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, yes you are right I guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chripro

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people who got offers/rejections are leaving this thread, in their honour we have to keep it up. Let the souls of our accepted and fallen brothers stay at rest, we should make them proud by keeping the pace.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I PROMISE, WE WILL MAKE THIS THREAD SCREAM HELL AND BLOOD ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. EXPECT THE WRATH OF ANGERED APPLICANTS!
Original post by Blackfyre
A lot of people who got offers/rejections are leaving this thread, in their honour we have to keep it up. Let the souls of our accepted and fallen brothers stay at rest, we should make them proud by keeping the pace.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I PROMISE, WE WILL MAKE THIS THREAD SCREAM HELL AND BLOOD ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. EXPECT THE WRATH OF ANGERED APPLICANTS!

Hahaha, the wait gets to you eventually....and apparently in different ways.... :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4191

I got my offer in december but I still check this thread. Having checked both Oxford and LSE threads, I can tell you that I saw more people being rejected from LSE compared to Oxford. (and stats can prove my point). That doesn't men that LSE is harder though.
Original post by arminb
I got my offer in december but I still check this thread. Having checked both Oxford and LSE threads, I can tell you that I saw more people being rejected from LSE compared to Oxford. (and stats can prove my point). That doesn't men that LSE is harder though.

Well, thank you for ruining my warrior mood with your statistics, now I'll go back to worrying.
Well, thank you for ruining my warrior mood with your statistics, now I'll go back to worrying.

Amen to that.
Reply 4194
received an offer for IR on Friday! :smile:
Original post by YoAfrica

Well done! Congrats :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. When did you apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4197
October 15th :smile:

Congratulations!
Oh god that was a long wait!

Damn. Well then, I'm sure I'm in for a wait still. Sent my app November 23rd I think. I feel like I'm on Survivor and every Friday is an elimination round. I've just managed to survive each week. I take it you applied to Oxbridge as well? Or coincidentally sent your app on the 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending