The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RamocitoMorales
Calm down, it's not that crazy. :rolleyes:

Actually the vast majority of Turkish immigrants in the UK are either Cypriot or Kurdish (mostly of the former).

LOOOOL your trying to annoy aren't you :facepalm: did you ever study politics or sociology by any chance?
Original post by TheGameOfScience
LOOOOL your trying to annoy aren't you :facepalm: did you ever study politics or sociology by any chance?

No, never. :eyebrow:

Actually the vast majority of Turkish immigrants in the UK are either Cypriot or Kurdish (mostly of the former).

Really, i heard the first Turks from Turkey to come here were from places like Aksaray (most i know are from there). Thought the Kurds had started to come more recently.
Reply 3063
I think you've just emasculated him. :hahaha:

Today? Always.

Almost* all women 'have a thing for rough guys'...with some form of status, whether it be societal, social, or whatever. If they had no status then every homeless person on the street would have women chasing after them. I think that you and I can at least agree that this is not the case.

You can think that, if it helps you sleep at night.

Spoiler

Okay, Mrs Budgie, let's analyse your paragraph now shall we...

You claim: If someone initiates for a divorce, it's usually because they have been wronged by their partner.

Which you claim implies that: the majority of the time divorce happens, it is a consequence of the man's actions rather than the woman's.

:hmmmm:

Oh dear, what a slip up. So by your logic, only the man is capable of wronging their partner. After claiming that I go on 'women hating ramblings' you make yourself look the fool by making more obvious your misandry, as if it wasn't already very obvious. :lol:

L _ _ B _ _ N.

I'll leave it to someone else to fill in the gaps.

It's not true, my love for her is friendly, sisterly love, like how you love your parents :smile:

About women liking men with social status, wealth and bla bla bla. Isnt it same for men? Men too looking for social status, no one usually marries to prostitutes, no matter how good looking/sweet she is?

Isn't it men almost always chooses best looking girl?

I saw beautiful girl with lower than average attractive boy, but never saw a boy who is attractive and going out with less than avarage looking girl
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
About women liking men with social status, wealth and bla bla bla. Isnt it same for men? Men too looking for social status, no one usually marries to prostitutes, no matter how good looking/sweet she is?

Well marrying a prostitute isn't so much a problem of her ranking in the societal hierarchy, but rather because she wouldn't be 'faithful', for lack of a better word. I don't think it's unreasonable to be against your wife wanting ply her trade sleeping around with other men.

INurl
Isn't it men almost always chooses best looking girl?

I saw beautiful girl with lower than average attractive boy, but never saw a boy who is attractive and going out with less than avarage looking girl

Yes, but men go through all the effort of 'attaining' a girl whereas women simply sit and do nothing like a cage of battery hens. If a 'lower than average boy' gets with a 'beautiful girl' then all credit to him, because he's battled against all the odds and come out successful.

I also find all of this a bit hypocritical given that some of you are drooling over the picture of Cüneyt Arkın! :facepalm2:
Reply 3065
Well marrying a prostitute isn't so much a problem of her ranking in the societal hierarchy, but rather because she wouldn't be 'faithful', for lack of a better word. I don't think it's unreasonable to be against your wife wanting ply her trade sleeping around with other men.

Yes, but men go through all the effort of 'attaining' a girl whereas women simply sit and do nothing like a cage of battery hens. If a 'lower than average boy' gets with a 'beautiful girl' then all credit to him, because he's battled against all the odds and come out successful.

I also find all of this a bit hypocritical given that some of you are drooling over the picture of Cüneyt Arkın! :facepalm2:

I dont drool over his pic :wink:
Basically, it's not true, look I am sitting and doing nothing, and what?? Nothing happens :smile: Boys try to attaining a girl, but why? Everyone know what he wants? He is not doing it for girl, he is doing it for himself
Original post by lNurl
Basically, it's not true, look I am sitting and doing nothing, and what?? Nothing happens :smile:

Maybe it's because you've given many men the impression that you're lesbian.

INurl
Boys try to attaining a girl, but why? Everyone know what he wants? He is not doing it for girl, he is doing it for himself

Anlayamadım... :hmmmm2:
Original post by lNurl
It's not true, my love for her is friendly, sisterly love, like how you love your parents :smile:

:hugs:

Original post by TheGameOfScience
:biggrin: thank you, there isnt many cypriot turks that i know in real life unfortunately

Come to North London. We practically own the place :cool:

Okay, Mrs Budgie, let's analyse your paragraph now shall we...

Okay Mr Ram. :rolleyes:

You claim: If someone initiates for a divorce, it's usually because they have been wronged by their partner.

Which you claim implies that: the majority of the time divorce happens, it is a consequence of the man's actions rather than the woman's.

:hmmmm:

Oh dear, what a slip up. So by your logic, only the man is capable of wronging their partner. After claiming that I go on 'women hating ramblings' you make yourself look the fool by making more obvious your misandry, as if it wasn't already very obvious. :lol:

No? :s

1) if someone asks for a divorce, it's usally because they feel like they have been wronged by their partner
2) Therefore, seeing as the majority of women ask for a divorce, it's because of a consequence of their husband's actions

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'majority' is not an 'absolute'. Indeed, the previous stats posted shows that nearly a third of men are the ones that initiate for a divorce and thus the previously demonstrated logic would apply in this scenario with this case the woman being the one who has done the wronging. However, it is still evident that the majority of divorces are filled by women and hence the original argument still stands.

The whole point was for you to stop using the argument that the fact that more women ask for a divorce than men is indicator that women no longer want to be in a committed relationship, as to me, someone is more likely to ask for a divorce if it is their partner who broke the marriage agreement in the first place.

So why are you being so bitter against women?
We only have it easy because men are so desperate.
You're better off diverting your bitterness to men for evidently being the pitiful sex that put the female body on the pedestal to begin with. :rolleyes:

THAT WAS A JOKE, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was going to wait till after exams to write a response, but I couldn't leave you guys thinking that I'm drooling over him :tongue:

EDIT: On that note, shouldn't you be revising too? :holmes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:hugs:

Come to North London. We practically own the place :cool:

Okay Mr Ram. :rolleyes:

No? :s

1) if someone asks for a divorce, it's usally because they feel like they have been wronged by their partner
2) Therefore, seeing as the majority of women ask for a divorce, it's because of a consequence of their husband's actions

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 'majority' is not an 'absolute'. Indeed, the previous stats posted shows that nearly a third of men are the ones that initiate for a divorce and thus the previously demonstrated logic would apply in this scenario with this case the woman being the one who has done the wronging. However, it is still evident that the majority of divorces are filled by women and hence the original argument still stands.

The whole point was for you to stop using the argument that the fact that more women ask for a divorce than men is indicator that women no longer want to be in a committed relationship, as to me, someone is more likely to ask for a divorce if it is their partner who broke the marriage agreement in the first place.

So why are you being so bitter against women?
We only have it easy because men are so desperate.
You're better off diverting your bitterness to men for evidently being the pitiful sex that put the female body on the pedestal to begin with. :rolleyes:

THAT WAS A JOKE, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was going to wait till after exams to write a response, but I couldn't leave you guys thinking that I'm drooling over him :tongue:

EDIT: On that note, shouldn't you be revising too? :holmes:

LOOOL consider it done! i am now going to move more north :biggrin:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Or by the same logic (or dare I say 'lack of'):

1) If someone asks for a divorce it's usually because they do not respect the vows of their marriage.
2) Therefore, seeing as the majority of women ask for a divorce, it's because they do not respect the sanctity of their marriage and they want to be freed from the constraints that marriage restricts them to so they can release their urges for promiscuity.

hollywoodbudgie
The whole point was for you to stop using the argument that the fact that more women ask for a divorce than men is indicator that women no longer want to be in a committed relationship.

Actually, I think you'll find that it was an argument that your lover conjured up and I simply turned it on its head.

hollywoodbudgie
On that note, shouldn't you be revising too? :holmes:

If only you'd stop distracting me. :rolleyes:
That divorce argument :laugh:
large doner with chips please
Reply 3072
Original post by Crazy Paving
large doner with chips please

Any chilli sauce, boss?
BBQ and garlic mayo ta
come on guys wake up
Hello