The Student Room Group

POLL Lord Of The Rings, or Star Wars?

This poll is closed

The Lord Of The Rings, or Star Wars?

The Lord Of The Rings 76%
Star Wars24%
Total votes: 55
Do you prefer The Lord Of The Rings, or the Star Wars Saga (so all six films)?

Scroll to see replies

Oh sweet mother of Pearl! that's too close to call!

I think it might be Star Wars for me - but only just!
Reply 2
lord of the rings
Star Wars is overrated. It's good, but nowhere near as good as people make out.
Lord of The Rings definitely!
The "prequel" Hobbit films are better than the prequel Star Wars films.

The Lord of the Rings films are only just better than the original Star Wars films. Only just, because I love all six of them to bits. Also, you have to remember that for its time, Star Wars was out of this world.
Reply 6
Star Wars definetly. Never been into elves, wizards and magic and never will be. Could never get into Harry Potter for the same thing. Just not into it. Maybe I should give them a chance?

Star Wars is just BETTER.

Plus Yoda is my favourite character EVER.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
68qj5.jpg

LOTR all the way.
Reply 8
Original post by The_Dragonborn
The "prequel" Hobbit films are better than the prequel Star Wars films.

The Lord of the Rings films are only just better than the original Star Wars films. Only just, because I love all six of them to bits. Also, you have to remember that for its time, Star Wars was out of this world.

I see what you did there!
:pierre:
Reply 9
Lord of the rings!!!!!!!
Original post by skotch
I see what you did there!
:pierre:

:biggrin:
Starwars. I enjoy both but Starwars doesn't have a book to suffer in comparison against.

I think LOTR was a pretty good adaption given the time constraints but I guess I couldn't help being a little irritated by some of the shortcuts.
Reply 12
How can you possibly compare LOTR with Star Wars?

Star Wars. 100%.
Argh, that's a terribly tough question. My problem is that I am not keen on The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones, but I adore the other four, whereas I love all 3 of the Lord of the Rings films. I remember seeing both sagas for the first time and I remember becoming slightly obsessed with both fandoms. I remember seeing Revenge of the Sith at the cinema with my dad when I was 13/14 (I also saw The Phantom Menace in the cinema but the less said about that the better) and I remember watching the original trilogy on television a few years later. I saw all 3 Lord of the Rings films in the cinema with my dad and read the books straight after. Star Wars probably just wins but it really depends on what type of mood I'm in.
Reply 14
Star Wars has the best music too. You just cannot compare to Star Wars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
In some ways both are great but in others, Star Wars does lack especially when considering the modern films. You only have to watch the RedLetterMedia reviews to understand the massive problems with the Star Wars prequels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I think one of the best analogies I have seen for Star Wars and Lord of the Rings is comparing them to a comic book and classic novel respectively. The reason I prefer Lord of the Rings is that I absolutely love the genre. I have always preferred medieval themes with wizards, warriors and mages. That aside, I prefer the massive world; indepth characterisation; and extensive lore which makes up the Lord of the Rings. It is actually a story. Star Wars does not really engage in that much character development, it lacks the sort of lore which the Lord of the Rings has, generally does not have the same fullness of story, especially in the prequels which lacks any character development at all.

I am fond of both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings but the latter will always do it for me.
Movies: Lord of the Rings - this is about personal preference
In general, Lord of the Rings - this is a no brainer.
Reply 17
It's all about preference. If you aren't into wizards, warriors, mages, hobbits and goblins then Lord of the Rings might not be your best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by eelnais
How can you possibly compare LOTR with Star Wars?

Star Wars. 100%.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Reply 19
Lord of the Rings - but it was very, very close!

I love both! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending