The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyoung90
After over a month waiting for their response since my interview, I have received an offer for Durham University this week, for English Secondary PGCE! I'm absolutely ecstatic. Anyone else doing this course, say hello :-D Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Congratulations!

I had my interview there last week... Hopefully will hear from them and my other interview soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joker01
haha thanks. Think I was having a small blonde moment, I automatically assume power point presentation when I read 'presentation'! :colondollar:

Aha yes to be fair my mind goes to PowerPoint when I think presentation. It is only because I wasn't allowed to use PowerPoint at my interview either.
Original post by Sara Jayne
Anybody who has had an interview at Bishop Grot, how long did it take for them to get back to you with a decision?

Hi! I had my interview on Friday just gone and I am desperate to find out! They told us it should be early this week, when did you have yours? And how do you think it went?
:smile:
Still stuck about whether to accept my offer from Manchester University or Manchester Met for secondary English. Any ideas? I need to decide soon!
Reply 4964
Anyone else who is going to Bath Spa, there is a Facebook page under Bath Spa Primary 2014-2015, thought it would be a good way to get to know each other before the course starts!
Reply 4965
I had mine Thursday, I haven't heard yet. They did say that as it was undergraduate deadline last week it might take a little longer.
Original post by xnicolexwx
I think that will be fine, you still have a few days to prepare which should be okay. I haven't taken my skills tests yet, I've got mine on the 27th and 29th. I don't think it will go against us. I had university exams so would have been a nightmare preparing for those and my uni exams! I attend Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge which hasn't got a very good rep so I wouldn't worry. Just remember they chose us for a reason :-) Yeah if I were you'd I'd stay overnight just to be sure. I have an interview with Oxford Brookes on the 24th and I'm staying overnight. You never know what traffic will be like, etc. What uni are you studying at?

Just wanted to wish you good luck for your interview tomorrow :smile:
Reply 4967
Original post by amul1992
Still stuck about whether to accept my offer from Manchester University or Manchester Met for secondary English. Any ideas? I need to decide soon!

Hey, how did ur interview at man met go if u dnt mind me asking. I've heard it's tough to get into. I have an interview there on the 29th for secondary biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,
Joined just for this thread lol! I had my Newman PGCE interview last week. Just wondering if there's anyone that applied there also and if you have had your interview, how long it was till you heard anything?
Stressing a little as I really want to get in!
Just got notified that I didn't get into Nottingham. Absolutely gutted :frown:
Stuck in an Apply 2 choice for Hull but just feeling so downbeat. It's even the cost of flying over for interviews etc and then the amount of time and effort I put into planning for the interview.

Meh.
Reply 4970
Has anyone had an interview for primary at Birmingham City Uni or Warwick Uni? Just wondering what you thought of the group task/discussion?
Reply 4971
Original post by LaurieLee
Congratulations!

I had my interview there last week... Hopefully will hear from them and my other interview soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope they get back to you sooner then they did with my group of interviews! Wishing you all the best. Remind me, were you secondary English too?
Original post by tange03
Has anyone had an interview for primary at Birmingham City Uni or Warwick Uni? Just wondering what you thought of the group task/discussion?

I had an interview at Warwick last week for PGCE Primary with Maths. I really enjoyed the group task as it allowed a lot of discussion and involves the group working together rather than one individual taking over. Just make sure you contribute and comment on what others have said and you should be fine :smile: Good luck!
Reply 4973
Original post by starryeyedkid
Just got notified that I didn't get into Nottingham. Absolutely gutted :frown:
Stuck in an Apply 2 choice for Hull but just feeling so downbeat. It's even the cost of flying over for interviews etc and then the amount of time and effort I put into planning for the interview.

Meh.

know how you feel , just got an "unsuccessful" from uwe. totally lost as to what to do next :frown:
Reply 4974
Original post by AbstractAlex
I had an interview at Warwick last week for PGCE Primary with Maths. I really enjoyed the group task as it allowed a lot of discussion and involves the group working together rather than one individual taking over. Just make sure you contribute and comment on what others have said and you should be fine :smile: Good luck!

thanks! did you manage to get an offer?

what was the written task like? i dunno if the TSR rules let us talk about it.. but do they give you a extract and you need to state your opinion on it? or is it quite an open question?
Original post by lyoung90
I hope they get back to you sooner then they did with my group of interviews! Wishing you all the best. Remind me, were you secondary English too?

I am yes! I think I did well on the day, especially in group interview, but I was very very nervous in my individual. I did get to say lots of good things, I just hope they saw past interview nerves!

I have to have a response by 14th Feb so hopefully won't have to wait too long!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tange03
thanks! did you manage to get an offer?

what was the written task like? i dunno if the TSR rules let us talk about it.. but do they give you a extract and you need to state your opinion on it? or is it quite an open question?

Yes I did and I firmed it last week :smile: I don't think I can say too much based on the rules but the maths bit is what you'd expect and what you suggested the english task might be like is pretty much right. You spend like an hour and a half doing the maths and the english tasks so be prepared to write for a while :tongue: I was suprised I got an offer because I thought I'd completely messed up the English task. Also you may hear that they send people home after the lunch break if they haven't performed well on the tests. This didn't happen on my interview date so try not to worry about it :smile:
Reply 4977
Original post by clionaod
know how you feel , just got an "unsuccessful" from uwe. totally lost as to what to do next :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that. Do you have any other choices to hear from still? When was your interview and what subject for? I am still nervously waiting to hear from uwe.
Reply 4978
Original post by AbstractAlex
Yes I did and I firmed it last week :smile: I don't think I can say too much based on the rules but the maths bit is what you'd expect and what you suggested the english task might be like is pretty much right. You spend like an hour and a half doing the maths and the english tasks so be prepared to write for a while :tongue: I was suprised I got an offer because I thought I'd completely messed up the English task. Also you may hear that they send people home after the lunch break if they haven't performed well on the tests. This didn't happen on my interview date so try not to worry about it :smile:

thanks for that! im worried i might waffle a bit on the written task :s-smilie: congrats on your offer btw!
Does anybody have an offer from Chester for Primary?

Latest

Trending

Trending