The Student Room Group

Can ipads be part exchanged for newer models?

Hey all,

I was just wondering if it is possible to part exchange an ipad 4 (in absolutely mint condition, with the box, papers and charger) for an ipad air, and pay the difference? If so, where could I go to do this? I want a new ipad air, however - not a used one. Does Apple do this at all, or is it only done through places like CEX?

Original post by McMurdo
Hey all,

I was just wondering if it is possible to part exchange an ipad 4 (in absolutely mint condition, with the box, papers and charger) for an ipad air, and pay the difference? If so, where could I go to do this? I want a new ipad air, however - not a used one. Does Apple do this at all, or is it only done through places like CEX?

I'm pretty sure apple won't do it and if you part exchange at CEX they may not have a brand new iPad air. Maybe sell it on eBay or something and just get one from the apple store?

(Writing this on an iPad Air, well worth it :P )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Cryinglightning
I'm pretty sure apple won't do it and if you part exchange at CEX they may not have a brand new iPad air. Maybe sell it on eBay or something and just get one from the apple store?

(Writing this on an iPad Air, well worth it :P )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, thanks for the prompt response. I'm also debating whether it's worth just waiting for the ipad 6 to be released. The air, while very nice, is not substantially better than the ipad 4, and few - if any - of the games/programs released utilise the Air's power. I imagine that, by the time games/programs do utilise that sort of power, the ipad 6 will be round the corner...as they're released every September/October.Thanks for the advice, though. I'll still be selling this one, either way. It's just a case of when, how, and whether to wait.
Yeah that's a good point, I upgraded from the original iPad so for me it was a massive difference but from a 4 to a 5 isn't much and who knows what will be in the next one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apple have their own recycling program for trading in old devices, but it seems to be a straight buy/sell situation rather than any sort of part exchange functionality. The cash values they offer are about in line with CEX's, that is to say a perfect condition iPad 4 will fetch you less than half the price of the equivalent model iPad Air if bought new at RRP.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/reuse_and_recycle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending