The Student Room Group

Can I get into Imperial College London to study Medicine with average GCSE grades?

I got a Distinction*, merit, 3As, 5Bs and 1D at GCSE and I feel like it's not going to be enough to get into Imperial College London to study medicine. Also, are extra curricular activities vital to get into uni? I have played netball in year 7 if it counts?
Original post by ChikenEater
I got a Distinction*, merit, 3As, 5Bs and 1D at GCSE and I feel like it's not going to be enough to get into Imperial College London to study medicine. Also, are extra curricular activities vital to get into uni? I have played netball in year 7 if it counts?

You have to do your research. The websites normally have entry requirements that you will have to meet if you want to be considered.

I don't think Imperial require fantastic GCSEs, I thinks its 6B at least, but you need to double check this.

Also, all schools would want fantastic A levels so you should really work hard for that.

With regard to extracurricular, you defo need to do more. Do some sport, get involved with your school, get work experience in various settings.

After that you would have a application good enough for them to consider.

Hope it helps.
Reply 2
Original post by AnushkasHero
You have to do your research. The websites normally have entry requirements that you will have to meet if you want to be considered.

I don't think Imperial require fantastic GCSEs, I thinks its 6B at least, but you need to double check this.

Also, all schools would want fantastic A levels so you should really work hard for that.

With regard to extracurricular, you defo need to do more. Do some sport, get involved with your school, get work experience in various settings.

After that you would have a application good enough for them to consider.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the info, it really helped. I need to just work my a** off as I only have a year and a half left of college!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending