The Student Room Group

Girls with thick hair are and look sooooo cool!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thick hair is THE worst...especially in the summer :frown: I have my hair layered so it doesn't get too bad
Reply 41
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
YES. Weird question, but how do you wash it? Mine takes me over an hour. Every time. And it gets matted and pulled and it's just horrible. There's got to be an easier way.

Takes you over an hour to wash your hair?
I don't know how you manage to do that.

Original post by Alpha brah
Really? :eek: Lots of conditioner for me, or a deep conditioner like the Aussie 3 Minute thing or something.

Doesn't conditioner weighs down hair?
My hair is extremely thick, almost upto my hips now. But I just keep it in a bun 24/7 coz its too much to look after :P Thinking of getting it cut simply because I don't have the time to brush it lol
Original post by Kreme
Takes you over an hour to wash your hair?
I don't know how you manage to do that.

Doesn't conditioner weighs down hair?

I hate washing it. Luckily mine doesn't need to be washed every day, but I'd be so pissed off if it did. It takes ages, and air drying takes the piss
Reply 44
I never thought thick hair was rare I know quite a few people who have it :confused:

I have thick hair myself and like others have said its a pain. It takes ages to dry and style and it also tangles easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
YES. Weird question, but how do you wash it? Mine takes me over an hour. Every time. And it gets matted and pulled and it's just horrible. There's got to be an easier way.

It shouldn't take you over an hour to wash your hair lol my hair is almost upto my hips and EXTREMELY thick (normal sized scrunchies don't even fit in my hair) but it will take me 45 mins max to wash
Reply 46
Thick hair is a pain, but I guess it's also a good thing too, you can do a lot with it if you can be bothered. Personally, when I wake up in the morning and try to decide between spending 25 minutes trying to fishtail it or 10 seconds putting it in a bun, the bun always wins. And man, it's hot in summer, and when it gets frizzy in the rain it ends up making you look like a yeti. I didn't even realise guys notice the thickness of girls hair...
Original post by Amy Williams
It shouldn't take you over an hour to wash your hair lol my hair is almost upto my hips and EXTREMELY thick (normal sized scrunchies don't even fit in my hair) but it will take me 45 mins max to wash

Mine's shoulderlength, but it takes ages :frown: Maybe I'm doing it wrong
^You mean him or his avatar? :tongue:

I thought I didnt post in here :tongue:

I wish I looked like that lol
Reply 49
Original post by de_monies
I thought I didnt post in here :tongue:

I wish I looked like that lol

Didn't post in where? :P

Don't be too modest :colondollar:
Reply 50
I can show you thick hair OP :colone:
Reply 51
I straighten it twice a week normally, but again it takes the piss to. I have to section it off, and it doesn't stay straight. Even with GHDs, its wavy at best.

I HAVE THAT COMB. I do that as well. It's too short to braid atm, it's just on my shoulders, but I used to do that when it was long. I'm thinking of getting a silk hair wrap soon to keep it nice and tangle less

I recently bought one of those silk hair wraps. I found it works well, my hair used to get quite tangled at the sides and the back of my head and it has helped stop it happending, its less frizzy now to. It does sometimes come off during the night though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
I recently bought one of those silk hair wraps. I found it works well, my hair used to get quite tangled at the sides and the back of my head and it has helped stop it happending, its less frizzy now to. It does sometimes come off during the night though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is very frizzy. I posted a pic on my fist post that explains it well. Mine gets tangled too much, it would probably help
Original post by redferry
At least your a has volume!!
Mine is the straightest hair in the world ever. But kindof think so it doesn't hold any volume.

Aww :frown: that's the weird thing about my hair, everyone thinks it's thick because it's quite "big" :tongue: I'm sure yours is lovely anyway :smile:
Original post by zaback21
Take some from me then. I hate haircut.

Please! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And writing threads about being left handed isn't?

Nope, that's called being real. Peace.
Reply 55
And writing threads about being left handed isn't?

His threads were basically (1) a pathetically obvious attempt to try to discredit feminism and other "equalist" movements by going on about "left-hand-ism" and (2) a pathetically obvious attempt to paint women as gold-diggers by saying that lefties earned more money, so women should prefer them.

It's always pathetically obvious if (and why :colone:) guys hate women on here. :rofl:
Original post by That_Pretty_Girl
Nope, that's called being real. Peace.

So is sharing tips on haircare.

Also, the reason girls won't date you isn't because you're left handed.
His threads were basically (1) a pathetically obvious attempt to try to discredit feminism and other "equalist" movements by going on about "left-hand-ism" and (2) a pathetically obvious attempt to paint women as gold-diggers by saying that lefties earned more money, so women should prefer them.

It's always pathetically obvious if (and why :colone:) guys hate women on here. :rofl:

LOL exactly. Might as well take a profile pic with your fedora
Reply 58
Yeahh mine's abnormally thick. I used to hate it and get it thinned though.
Reply 59

I wish I could but to be honest I am happy I got thick hair cos at least the chances of me going bald is very very small.

Only issue being I hate haircut and usually let it grow all over till I feel its time to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest