The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSE-help
I don't want to scare people, but I think most of us interviewed in Jan will hear about an offer/rejection within 7-10 days. That's my prediction anyway. Going by last year's stalking thread (yes I'm panicky enough to look at it :colondollar: ), people in January received decisions very quickly. This has been backed up by a couple of Jan interviewees hearing already this year.

Just a feeling though.

People from January have already heard?! I'm still waiting from the 19th December. Not that I'm guaranteed an offer or anything, but I swear people from early December still getting offers through. It seems odd that they're not doing it chronologically.
Mind you, apparently there were an extra 1000 applicants this year, so maybe last year isn't a good indicator of how quick we'll hear back? I hope :s-smilie:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Rosine
Ahaha I can imagine! :rolleyes: when were you interviewed?

I was interviewed last Thursday- handed photocopies of all my documents in then so I think that's why it's been so quick :smile:
Reply 2662
Original post by lindseyyy
I was interviewed last Thursday- handed photocopies of all my documents in then so I think that's why it's been so quick :smile:

Ooh thats great!..youu lucky youuu!

...and here I am still waiting -_-
Original post by Rosine
Ooh thats great!..youu lucky youuu!

...and here I am still waiting -_-

Don't worry- just stay strong and I'm sure it'll all go great for you! :biggrin:
Reply 2664

What time!? I was interviewed that day too and was thinking I'd be waiting at least 10 days for a response! Mine went pretty badly so I'm not exactly looking forward to hearing :frown:
Reply 2665
Don't worry- just stay strong and I'm sure it'll all go great for you! :biggrin:

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Ke299
What time!? I was interviewed that day too and was thinking I'd be waiting at least 10 days for a response! Mine went pretty badly so I'm not exactly looking forward to hearing :frown:

I got interviewed at 10.40- was there from about 10am. I was the girl sitting in the corner wearing a tartan-ish dress looking absolutely terrified! :biggrin:
Yes, I just checked portal and got an offer :smile:

Congrats! How do you think your interview went? :smile:
Reply 2668
I got interviewed at 10.40- was there from about 10am. I was the girl sitting in the corner wearing a tartan-ish dress looking absolutely terrified! :biggrin:

Ah I wasn't till 3! How did you think the interview went?
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Congrats! How do you think your interview went? :smile:

Thank you! I honestly came out and thought it went absolutely AWFUL. I said absolutely nothing that I planned to and was not expecting this in the slightest! If you think it's gone badly, really don't worry about it :smile:
Thank you! I honestly came out and thought it went absolutely AWFUL. I said absolutely nothing that I planned to and was not expecting this in the slightest! If you think it's gone badly, really don't worry about it :smile:

Wow well done then! I've been waiting since 11th December and I think they've lost my application :frown: haha are you a reapplicant?
Reply 2671
I thought it was horrible- was not expecting an offer in the slightest :smile:

That's given me hope as that's exactly how I feel!! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Wow well done then! I've been waiting since 11th December and I think they've lost my application :frown: haha are you a reapplicant?

No I'm not a re-applicant, got a conditional offer of AAA :smile:
Reply 2673
No I'm not a re-applicant, got a conditional offer of AAA :smile:

Sorry for another question but which interviewers did you have?
Reply 2674
I had the elderly woman GP and an Asian man (I THINK he was a Registrar?) They really didn't give anything away so I got nothing back from them regarding how I did! :smile:

Ah that's not the same interviewers as me then!
Reply 2675
February 10th interview where my homies at
Reply 2676
Original post by Anonymiss_x
I had mine last thursday as well, who were your interviewers?

I had a blonde woman and an older man- no idea what their names or jobs are! I don't even remember if they told me or not haha that's how nervous I was
Original post by Ke299
I had a blonde woman and an older man- no idea what their names or jobs are! I don't even remember if they told me or not haha that's how nervous I was

Same as me!!! they didn't mention their jobs, was it just me or did you think the older guy was quite confrontational + kept asking difficult questions?
Reply 2678
Original post by Anonymiss_x
Same as me!!! they didn't mention their jobs, was it just me or did you think the older guy was quite confrontational + kept asking difficult questions?

Yes! I thought his questions were much more difficult to answer but I still think it was me to blame for the bad interview really... I just know I could have answered the questions much better and I really let myself down :frown:
Original post by Ke299
Yes! I thought his questions were much more difficult to answer but I still think it was me to blame for the bad interview really... I just know I could have answered the questions much better and I really let myself down :frown:

There's nothing you can do now so don't beat yourself up about it! I feel exactly the same, especially over the last 5 min.

Quick Reply

Latest