The Student Room Group

Ultimate - AQA Business Studies - BUSS4 - Research Thread - China - June 2014

So I thought I create a thread, for June 2014 BUSS4 Research. How does everyone find the topic?
Here is the Material

Research Theme Developments in emerging markets: China
Your research should focus on businesses from outside of China in relation to their selling to,
buying from and producing in China, as well as their entering into ventures with other businesses in
China or competing in their own domestic markets with Chinese businesses.

In your research on China you should consider:
the extent to which China creates opportunities and threats for businesses
the risks and rewards involved in trading with or operating in China
the factors affecting the success or failure of businesses trading with or operating in China
the relative advantages and disadvantages of the ways in which businesses might operate in the
Chinese market (eg exporting, joint ventures, mergers or setting up production or sales outlets)
the ethical and environmental issues involved in trading with or operating in China
how business strategy might be affected by developments in China.

You are strongly recommended to:
compare and contrast the experience of different businesses
be aware of recent trends in key economic and demographic data for China such as national
income, income per person, wage costs, exchange rates and population trends
be aware of the relative significance of trading with or operating in China for different businesses.

You should make reference to your research in your responses to Section A in the examination
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by helpmekid
So I thought I create a thread, for June 2014 BUSS4 Research. How does everyone find the topic?
Here is the Material

Hey, thanks for creating this tread, was thinking of making one myself but I guess you beat me to it. Anyway, we have just been informed about the topic. Our teacher was stressing about how extremely 'wide' this topic is! Worst thing is that we have not even finished BUSS3 yet... How you feeling about it?
Reply 3
Original post by helpmekid
Here is the Material

Hey, thanks for creating this tread, was thinking of making one myself but I guess you beat me to it. Anyway, we have just been informed about the topic. Our teacher was stressing about how extremely 'wide' this topic is! Worst thing is that we have not even finished BUSS3 yet... How you feeling about it?
Reply 4
Original post by M.I.A

Me not that good. How about you ?
Reply 5
Original post by krisshP
Me not that good. How about you ?

We haven't even started BUSS4, lol
Reply 6
Hi there,

I am currently a undergraduate at uni and last year I did Alevel Business Studies. I ended up with an A* and 100% in my last three units; BUSS2, BUSS3 and the great BUSS4.

I have set up a twitter page to help anyone out so please follow me and get asking!

https://twitter.com/BusinessHelp_
Reply 7
the ethical and environmental issues involved in trading with or operating in China

anyone got anything for this bullet point? I find this difficult to interpret. Anyone here got anything???
Reply 8
Original post by Tomm96

anyone got anything for this bullet point? I find this difficult to interpret. Anyone here got anything???

I'm not fantastic at Business but I think an example for this bullet point would be linking companies like Apple to stuff like this - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-26363067, since it's an environmental issue, sweatshops for companies like Nike are also ethical issues.
Reply 9
Better than BUSS4, for definite...
Reply 10
Resitting both, not so enthusiastic really, has it changed much from last year? And does anyone know the minimum combined mark you need for an A overall?
Reply 11

What businesses has everyone got for this apart from Apple and Starbucks?
Reply 12
Original post by zr786

What businesses has everyone got for this apart from Apple and Starbucks?

Tesco, eBay, P&G and Fisher Price :smile:
Reply 13
Hi!

Does anybody have the ZigZag comparative case studies toolkit for
BUSS4 China June 2014 that they will be willing to trade for either the APT or Tutor2U companion?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by tsimms
Hi!

Does anybody have the ZigZag comparative case studies toolkit for
BUSS4 China June 2014 that they will be willing to trade for either the APT or Tutor2U companion?

Cheers :smile:

Would you mind sharing the apit and tutor2u one please
Reply 15
Original post by nats1234
Tesco, eBay, P&G and Fisher Price :smile:

Thanks for that, what about risks (second bullet point)...

Ive only got GSK :/
Reply 16
Original post by zr786
Thanks for that, what about risks (second bullet point)...

Ive only got GSK :/

No problem. My risks are GSK, eBay, Tesco, Fisher Price and Q-Cells - my bullet point 2 businesses
Reply 17
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I was wondering how exactly you would use these examples in the answer? What points would you make to link it in with these examples?
Reply 18
You guys are so lucky if I'd of got this last year I'd have bossed it.
Reply 19
If anyone has access to the any toolkits or companions could you please post it on here! It would be really help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending