The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
got my braces put on earlier :s-smilie: (no pain though? )

They're not particularly intrusive (for me and others at least). You barely notice them when you aren't lacerating your gums on them.
Did Chemistry coursework, ****ed up a dilution, but it doesn't seem to have affected the titration adversely. After an exciting two titrations in which I got the same titre (I really was happy about that :tongue: I always seem to **** up through rashness), I finished before the end of the first period of a double, and was told to **** off for half an hour and come back to see if people were finished. I was pleased with myself, and thinking the coursework was pretty easy, before being eaten by my friends when I expressed what I thought was solidarity in the ease of the task :lol: Apparently they can't do simple math, despite all but 2 of them doing A Level Maths (3 of them are in my Further class).
Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: :wink: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them :smile:

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths :smile:
http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry :smile:

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM :smile: I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread :h:

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :h: :cool:

Hiii I do Chemistry OCR, Biology AQA, Geography AQA and Sociology AQA and I was wondering if I could be added, thank youuuu!!
Reply 8243
This week seems like the worst week of sixth form so far.
Signed up for a charity skydive, here's hoping I don't die :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by longlivelatifa
Hiii I do Chemistry OCR, Biology AQA, Geography AQA and Sociology AQA

hiya, I do AQA biology as well, how are you finding it?? :biggrin:
Reply 8246
Original post by mollyh77
Signed up for a charity skydive, here's hoping I don't die :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's soo cool I've always wanted to do that but I've settled for walking Hadrian's Wall

Posted from TSR Mobile
got my braces put on earlier :s-smilie: (no pain though? )

You will regret saying that in the morning
Why did the mega a level thread just close?

Posted from TSR Mobile
About the UK sutton trust summer camp this year, I'm not sure what they mean by transport is payed for to and from the summer school i.e the Universities. Is that actually from my country Wales to England/Scotland as that seems a little unlikely/hard to organise if for example there were two of us going to one of the Unis from one college... Anyone know anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
added :biggrin: :h:

Bit late catching onto this thread, but if you want to add me to the list then that'd be cool - I'm OCR for Physics and Chemistry, AQA for Geography and Edexcel for Maths and Further Maths. :biggrin:
Reply 8251
Original post by MangoFreak
They're not particularly intrusive (for me and others at least). You barely notice them when you aren't lacerating your gums on them.

ahhhh i hate them :frown: they don't hurt but i can't physically bite anything because my teeth no longer touch!
Reply 8252
Original post by drowninginsound
Bit late catching onto this thread, but if you want to add me to the list then that'd be cool - I'm OCR for Physics and Chemistry, AQA for Geography and Edexcel for Maths and Further Maths. :biggrin:

I've added you :smile:

Original post by longlivelatifa
Hiii I do Chemistry OCR, Biology AQA, Geography AQA and Sociology AQA and I was wondering if I could be added, thank youuuu!!

Done :h:
I've added you :smile:

Thanks! :awesome:
Reply 8254
Anybody else had a rather depressing day?
So I've decided to do As maths. Looking through a C1 textbook now. l0l.
Original post by Bude8
So I've decided to do As maths. Looking through a C1 textbook now. l0l.

A joke right?:rofl:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Yup... well I did Admaths so I pretty much did C1 + C2. I haven't done calculus in my course atm so I'll need to revise that. Differentiating with negative power I didn't know before but shouldn't take long to learn...

I'll have to learn M1 for summer though, not sure how long that'll take...
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Also, you might find this interesting.

3=0, and I can show you the proof.

Want to see it?
Reply 8259
Original post by Bude8
Yup... well I did Admaths so I pretty much did C1 + C2. I haven't done calculus in my course atm so I'll need to revise that. Differentiating with negative power I didn't know before but shouldn't take long to learn...

I'll have to learn M1 for summer though, not sure how long that'll take...

We learnt C1 C2 and M1 all within about 8 weeks, it's pretty simple if you have a good book/source to learn from :smile:

Latest