The Student Room Group

Question

Original post by CJG21
Well that could be a better idea. :smile:

you wouldnt happen to know how 1,2-diaminocylohexane shows cis-trans isomerism would you? :confused:
or how i could draw it xD i thought cis trans had to have double bond
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jacksonmeg
you wouldnt happen to know how 1,2-diaminocylohexane shows cis-trans isomerism would you? :confused:
or how i could draw it xD i thought cis trans had to have double bond

I think it has something to do with the fact that it is cyclo, and the amino groups can be above or below the cyclic group.

But I'm not sure, sorry. :dontknow:
Original post by CJG21
I think it has something to do with the fact that it is cyclo, and the amino groups can be above or below the cyclic group.

But I'm not sure, sorry. :dontknow:

Basically this. The amine groups can be on the same side of the ring (cis) or on opposite sides (trans) when drawn in 3D. Similar to...

Original post by EierVonSatan
Basically this. The amine groups can be on the same side of the ring (cis) or on opposite sides (trans) when drawn in 3D. Similar to...

:woo:

I knew I could do chemistry.
Reply 4

cant they just rotate around?
Original post by jacksonmeg
cant they just rotate around?

No, they're locked to each side due to the ring. Helps to build a model to check for yourself :yep:
No, they're locked to each side due to the ring. Helps to build a model to check for yourself :yep:

This. My molymod kit has been very helpful for shapes.
Reply 7
Original post by CJG21
This. My molymod kit has been very helpful for shapes.

I too have a molymod kit :biggrin: :five:
Original post by Gotzz
I too have a molymod kit :biggrin: :five:

:love:

Quick Reply

Latest