The Student Room Group

HELP ME! Im going to fail

Hey TSR,
So its now January and im in AS. I have gotten D's in pretty much every maths,Biology and geography test that i have done although iam doing well in History. I admit i have in no way pulled my weight in the last three months and have done very little work. I go to a fantastic school with great facilities, where most of the people have been achieving top grades. As it is a great school and i have moved it just doesn't feel great when it comes to grades compared to my peers. Every other aspect is great. Do you think it is possible to pull up my grades to an A in three months. I am seriously getting stressed about this and would greatly appreciate any advice. I keep procrastinating even though i have a schedule and feel like giving up.

PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE YOU HAVE

Stop thinking you are going to fail for a start and calm down! 3 months is more than enough time if you discipline yourself to make a realistic timetable that makes you do a little bit of work every day. Ask teachers, parents, siblings, friends...whoever! to help you with making a proper timetable for starters. Make sure you leave yourself a couple of weeks at the end of that timetable where you are not learning any new info and are just doing past papers. If your stuck or feel you can't remember a topic, ask your teacher at school to help you over a lunchtime...they would be more than happy to I'm sure! Forget about what everyone else is doing and concentrate on you and your exams. Comparing yourself to others never helps and just stresses you out more!
Lastly and most importantly...stop procrastinating and start working! If you start now after a couple of wks you will feel so much more confident and determined...its just the initial getting into revision that's the hardest! Oh and use revision guides, txtbks, YouTube videos, diagrams etc to help make revision less boring.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by pinkglitterx
Stop thinking you are going to fail for a start and calm down! 3 months is more than enough time if you discipline yourself to make a realistic timetable that makes you do a little bit of work every day. Ask teachers, parents, siblings, friends...whoever! to help you with making a proper timetable for starters. Make sure you leave yourself a couple of weeks at the end of that timetable where you are not learning any new info and are just doing past papers. If your stuck or feel you can't remember a topic, ask your teacher at school to help you over a lunchtime...they would be more than happy to I'm sure! Forget about what everyone else is doing and concentrate on you and your exams. Comparing yourself to others never helps and just stresses you out more!
Lastly and most importantly...stop procrastinating and start working! If you start now after a couple of wks you will feel so much more confident and determined...its just the initial getting into revision that's the hardest! Oh and use revision guides, txtbks, YouTube videos, diagrams etc to help make revision less boring.
Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest