The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Uni Accommodation 2014

i'm reallllllly struggling with accommodation choices. Where's everyone applied/planning to apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chloececee
i'm reallllllly struggling with accommodation choices. Where's everyone applied/planning to apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the process of applying for accomm too! Not sure which one to go for though. I want one with a good party atmosphere! haha :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
I'm being quiet picky cause I want an en-suite so I'm choosing manor bank, new bridge street, victoria hall, camden court and liberty quay. it's just putting them into an order that's proving difficult :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm being quiet picky cause I want an en-suite so I'm choosing manor bank, new bridge street, victoria hall, camden court and liberty quay. it's just putting them into an order that's proving difficult :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye same here! Glenamara seems pretty cool but it's shared bathroom, which i'm not too keen on. I'm in Australia atm staying in hostels so that's all i've been doing. Don't fancy doing that for another year. Other than that, my options are same as yours except for Camden court. I'm keen on Manor Bank, Victoria hall and Liberty quay, not sure which i'll go for haha. What you going to be studying btw? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mavado1097
Ye same here! Glenamara seems pretty cool but it's shared bathroom, which i'm not too keen on. I'm in Australia atm staying in hostels so that's all i've been doing. Don't fancy doing that for another year. Other than that, my options are same as yours except for Camden court. I'm keen on Manor Bank, Victoria hall and Liberty quay, not sure which i'll go for haha. What you going to be studying btw? :smile:

wish I was in Australia right now! haha. I ended up applying for new bridge street as my first and manor bank as my second :smile: I'm going to be studying psychology with criminology, wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm thinking of applying for glenmara as my first choice, want really sociable halls, and i'v been told they are the best haha.
But got no ideas on what I'm going to pick for my other choices, any recommendations?
I applied for Victoria Hall, Liberty Quay, Knoll Court and New Bridge Street Residence in that order.

Really hope I made the right choices because I want a fairly sociable hall but not complete part animals at the same time. They looked good for me, just hope they are right for me haha.
Reply 7
Really wish I en-suite rooms weren't so expensive. Think I'm going to have to go for Glenamara cause it's cheaper and people say its sociable... New Bridge Street would be my ideal choice but I just wouldn't be able to afford it, so if any of you get there - I'm very jealous.
I applied to glenamara as my first choice cause my student loan is so small, I can barely afford glenamara, has anyone been to the applicant days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be studying Psychology! (:
I go upto Newcastle all the time as my friends and boyfriend already go to University there, Glenmara house and Camden Court are ****holes. They have loads of shared facilities, the rooms are tiny and you have a single bed. Also they don't really have sofas in the lounges, they're like chairs put together, really cold and impersonal. I have applied for New Bridge Street and Victoria Hall :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have chosen all of these! new bridge street, manor bank, Victoria hall,liberty quay :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by chaisingdaisy
I have chosen all of these! new bridge street, manor bank, Victoria hall,liberty quay :smile:

I put new bridge street as my first and manor bank second :smile: what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yess thats what I have put !!:biggrin: Im doing graphic design what about you?
What did.you put for the quite accommodation part ? Haha
Reply 13
hey if you guys want to stay in manor bank, I already have a booking starting september and since i won't be living there next year, if you want you could take the room allotted to me.

Please let me know if your interested.
Thanks Alot
Reply 14
Original post by chaisingdaisy
Yess thats what I have put !!:biggrin: Im doing graphic design what about you?
What did.you put for the quite accommodation part ? Haha

*high five* i'm doing psychology with criminology :smile:. I put that I didn't want quiet haha, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I apply New Bridge Street as my first choice followed by Campden Court, Knoll Court and Winn Studios. I am from Malaysia :smile: My agent told me that New Bridge Street is a great place to stay :smile:
Reply 16
I applied for new bridge street, Camden court and Victoria hall in that order. I'm hoping to study primary education, anyone else?
Reply 17
So far my preferences look like this:-

Cancel 1 Lovaine Flats
Cancel 3 Marleen Court

Glenamara has just replaced Lovaine Hall as my first choice because apparently Glenamara is social and Lovaine is the opposite. The other choices are based on them being the cheapest to rent.

I'm studying Accountancy and the social side of uni is important to me, to be honest; I'd even pay a little over the odds for a sociable hall. Having said that though; I don't really know how the hall itself can have a reputation as "sociable" because it depends upon the people living there, and these change every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for candem too.. They said its pretty dope there so yeah.. ^_^
Original post by CharleneTan
I apply New Bridge Street as my first choice followed by Campden Court, Knoll Court and Winn Studios. I am from Malaysia :smile: My agent told me that New Bridge Street is a great place to stay :smile:

I applied for camden and new bridge too goodluck to your application ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending