The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cephalosporin
Are they really? Then I'm definitely going to be rejected if they've already interviewed all the (relatively) high UKCAT scorers!!! My UKCAT is 810 and I'm still waiting! Although I'm a graduate applicant (with a degree prediction, IB, no GCSEs) and I also happen to be international....!!!

I'm suggesting since I haven't seen anyone yet with a ukcat of 700 ish with an interview. I'm assuming it's different for international. Maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Layontheland
Why do people say questionnaire/essay
Is it a mix of both.

And do they make you fill it out before your interview?

Just cos kings keep changing what they're saying in different pieces of information that they provide. I thing the website says questionnaire, but the letter says essay (or vice versa)

And there have been rumours about the questions being leaked so they may have changed it since I was interviewed back in December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
Just cos kings keep changing what they're saying in different pieces of information that they provide. I thing the website says questionnaire, but the letter says essay (or vice versa)

And there have been rumours about the questions being leaked so they may have changed it since I was interviewed back in December

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would make sense thanks for the clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok a few things ...
First of all any graduates here who have had an interview ( very few have ... Mostly kcl people ) heard back yet ?
Secondly .... I am surprised the essay question was leaked !!! What i can see from reading the thread is the following
1. Its an essay not a questionnaire ... They used questionnaire last year (LAST ADMISSION CYCLE OF 2012/13) probably just attaching the wrong file when they send out interviews . I MAY BE WRONG .. Dont treat my words as they are set in stone ... Always double check with kings an people here ...
SECONDLY DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS ! Lolz easier said than done but it does say u dont require any preparation for the essay ... Again this is SUBJECTIVE

2. Happy new year ... Wink wink .... Lol ( i bet that made a few people smile lolz ) its a crazy year to apply for medicine but this can be said anyway for any application cycle so yea ...

3. Take care of urself ... U good people ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2704
Original post by Layontheland
Would make sense thanks for the clarification :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My letter said questionnaire but was essay when I got there. Interview last Thursday:smile:
Are they really? Then I'm definitely going to be rejected if they've already interviewed all the (relatively) high UKCAT scorers!!! My UKCAT is 810 and I'm still waiting! Although I'm a graduate applicant (with a degree prediction, IB, no GCSEs) and I also happen to be international....!!!

I don't think this is true - my original interview date before I had to reschedule was 2nd Dec, and my UKCAT was 740, so definitely not one of the highest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2706
Original post by htebharas
I don't think this is true - my original interview date before I had to reschedule was 2nd Dec, and my UKCAT was 740, so definitely not one of the highest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And how many gcses A* if u dont mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Ok a few things ...
First of all any graduates here who have had an interview ( very few have ... Mostly kcl people ) heard back yet ?
Secondly .... I am surprised the essay question was leaked !!! What i can see from reading the thread is the following
1. Its an essay not a questionnaire ... They used questionnaire last year (LAST ADMISSION CYCLE OF 2012/13) probably just attaching the wrong file when they send out interviews . I MAY BE WRONG .. Dont treat my words as they are set in stone ... Always double check with kings an people here ...
SECONDLY DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS ! Lolz easier said than done but it does say u dont require any preparation for the essay ... Again this is SUBJECTIVE

2. Happy new year ... Wink wink .... Lol ( i bet that made a few people smile lolz ) its a crazy year to apply for medicine but this can be said anyway for any application cycle so yea ...

3. Take care of urself ... U good people ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello101, you are awesome!! I see you around TSR all the time and I love your chillin' attitude/the way you type! :smile:
Original post by shawr
Yeah it is my first choice! mhmm but at least it isn't as bad as some offers my friend has a cambridge **A offer which I'm kinda jealous but on the other hand very much not of

Yeah that is true! AAA is achievable I guess. Well done anyway and best of luck for your exams! :smile:
Hello101, you are awesome!! I see you around TSR all the time and I love your chillin' attitude/the way you type! :smile:

Why thank u good ma'am !
My ego sends its sends its appreciation and to let u know its really pleased lolz ! And some lemon cakes lol ( would be brownie points but ur thing says something about lemon cakes lol )
Ahhh great to hear i can relieve someones stress levels ... I wish i can come across chilled dude in person ( says he who has nearly chewed all his nails off.. Lolz )
Great to see my writing style being appreciated lol even if it adds a bit of comic value ....
Anyways yea i am operating on ausie body clock for some wierd reason ... Something to do with going absolutely crazy .....
So i am up like most of the time.
its the genuine altruistic ness of people like urself that is very inspiring ... I a mere mortal try to do what i can ... Lol
Anyway thank u so much ... Made me genuinely smile ( been a while since anyone has probably done that on tsr ... No ok jus me then lol)
Best of luck for ur med application... Well to me too ( cheeky wink ) hopefully we hear from kings soon anyways tc

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2710
Do King's have an offer-holders open day? Or do they give a tour on the interview day?
Reply 2711
finally got an interview!! 5th feb although its so late i dont hold much hope but still :smile:
Reply 2712
Original post by br13
finally got an interview!! 5th feb although its so late i dont hold much hope but still :smile:

Why not:eek: you've got as good chance as everyone else here:smile:
Reply 2713
Hi can I know about the interview essay/questionaire thing. I'm a bit confused. Do we have to write an essay? Or read an essay? What is it about? :/ Thanks in advance. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2714
Original post by br13

What are ur stats if u dont mind (gcses and ukcat)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jfjf
Hi can I know about the interview essay/questionaire thing. I'm a bit confused. Do we have to write an essay? Or read an essay? What is it about? :/ Thanks in advance. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a short essay, and you have to write it as a response to a given title/statement. We're not allowed to disclose essay titles (for obvious reasons), and there are multiple titles anyway, so it would be of no use to you. :smile:
Original post by Alexsk
And how many gcses A* if u dont mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile

10 A*s at GCSE, but like I say, I'm sure there are many applicants with stats higher than mine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2717
Original post by aspiringmedic1
Wow well done then! I've been waiting since 11th December and I think they've lost my application :frown: haha are you a reapplicant?

I've been waiting since the 11th as well. They're probably thinking that if they ignore me I'll go away... :s-smilie: I'm going nuts!
Has anyone else who has has an interview on the 16th December not heard anything back yet???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2719
Original post by Alexsk
What are ur stats if u dont mind (gcses and ukcat)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem - UKCAT 762.5
GCSEs 7A*4A

Quick Reply

Latest