The Student Room Group

Girls: How comfortable are you wearing high heels?

Questions in the title :smile:
I was just wondering after a conversation of how girls can wear high heels and be comfortable because I love wearing them if I could wear them everyday I would (not just bcos they'd add a few inches onto my height :lol: )

Scroll to see replies

Not comfortable at all! I waddle like a penguin...
I used to love it...can't now :frown:
Very uncomfortable.

I wear it probably twice a year only in extremely special occasions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite comfortable, although it depends on the type of heel really :tongue:
Original post by IqraHaq
I was just wondering after a conversation of how girls can wear high heels and be comfortable because I love wearing them if I could wear them everyday I would (not just bcos they'd add a few inches onto my height :lol: )

I feel the same, I love my heels and I can literally walk better in heels than flats. However I'm tall so I have to be careful not to look like the jolly green giant haha :smile:
If it's wedges, I can spend all day in them and not feel a thing. Stilettos, can't deal with them, and really low little heels I can't do either.

But then again, I have a bone problem in my right foot, so that doesn't help. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by chocolatesauce
Not comfortable at all! I waddle like a penguin...

Original post by Viva Emptiness
I used to love it...can't now :frown:

Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Very uncomfortable.

I wear it probably twice a year only in extremely special occasions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow okay :lol: I could walk in them for hours :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by IqraHaq

interesting conversation must have brought that up :wink:
Not very comfortable, I only wear them for big nights out. Give me flat shoes anytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 10
Original post by Padwas
interesting conversation must have brought that up :wink:

Haha yes it was :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by IqraHaq
Haha yes it was :lol:

cool :wink:
Entirely, so long as I have my gel cushions and, if closed toe, then also my memory foam insoles on top of the gel cushions. :tongue: If I don't have either then I'd only consider wearing them if I didn't have to move in them or if the heels were less than 5" -- I only need the gel cushions and insoles for 6" heels.

My favourite, favourite, FAVOURITE pair EVER:

1sYJA4Z.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

I don't wear heels as much as I used to. :frown: Last summer I went through a really bad phase where I was almost addicted to buying them -- I'd buy a new 6" pair either every other day/week. I'd wear them every single day. :innocent: Now I'd be lucky if I wore mere 4" wedges, never mind stilettos like the ones above! :eek2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow they are high (to me anyway). I think my idea of heels probably don't even count as proper heels to a lot of girls lol. I'm quite clumsy though so me and high shoes don't to well together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to always wear really high heels on nights out. I don't anymore and so when I wear them now, although I can walk in them, I find them very painful.
Reply 15
Original post by stacemiddleton
I feel the same, I love my heels and I can literally walk better in heels than flats. However I'm tall so I have to be careful not to look like the jolly green giant haha :smile:

Haha I'm really short so heals are a bonus :lol:
Original post by Vixen47
Entirely, so long as I have my gel cushions and, if closed toe, then also my memory foam insoles on top of the gel cushions. :tongue: If I don't have either then I'd only consider wearing them if I didn't have to move in them or if the heels were less than 5" -- I only need the gel cushions and insoles for 6" heels.

My favourite, favourite, FAVOURITE pair EVER:

1sYJA4Z.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

I don't wear heels as much as I used to. :frown: Last summer I went through a really bad phase where I was almost addicted to buying them -- I'd buy a new 6" pair either every other day/week. I'd wear them every single day. :innocent: Now I'd be lucky if I wore mere 4" wedges, never mind stilettos like the ones above! :eek2:

Oh my days! They are so pretty!!! I bought 3 pairs of heels and two pairs of flats the other week and went out yesterday and bought two pairs of heels again!! I genuinely have nowhere to put them tho :lol:
Reply 16
Not at all :frown: i feel like i have to pay attention to how i walk, and the pain! but at least they look nice :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
If it's wedges, I can spend all day in them and not feel a thing. Stilettos, can't deal with them, and really low little heels I can't do either.

But then again, I have a bone problem in my right foot, so that doesn't help. :biggrin:

I experienced something akin to Morton's neuroma in my left foot for a little over a week a couple of years back after wearing a pair of heeled boots too much. I've been absolutely terrified of wearing heels since.
I'd say I'm alright in heels but it depends what mood I'm in. They definitely slow down my walking pace a LOT. I always stick to either wedges or platforms with a chunky heel, so much comfier- stilettos or kitten heels are a complete no go with me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I tried them once, fell over, never again. But then again I'm a guy...

Quick Reply

Latest