The Student Room Group

Here it goes

Ok so I'm finally going to do it, I'm going to ask this girl out. I know her, we talk often, and I get the impression she may like me.

Just how should I approach her? As she leaves, I was thinking of just saying 'hey, just wondered if you want to hang out tonight?'
Is that ok? Or should I start small talking first, before launching myself into asking her out?

If I'm honest, I prefer the latter as I'm not good at small talk (but fine at 'normal' conversation). Plus I would have already have been talking to her before she leaves this event, so starting small talk would be weird?

Thanks!
Reply 1
maybe just have regular conversation with her and ask the question at the end or whenever appropriate? good luck buddy, I'm always too shy to ask a girl out :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by cake_lover
maybe just have regular conversation with her and ask the question at the end or whenever appropriate? good luck buddy, I'm always too shy to ask a girl out :colondollar:

just ask her up front

i love your user name lol i love cake :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Padwas
just ask her up front

i love your user name lol i love cake :wink:

lol thanks, that's the second time today someone's said that to me!
Reply 4
Original post by cake_lover

Well I will be having regular conversations throughout, but I'd rather do it at the end, when we are surrounded by less people...and if she says no, we can both quickly make our escape!

I'm the same mate. 21, nearly 22 and never asked anyone out.
It's scary, but I have to do it!
Reply 5
Well that went well. She wasn't there today. I've been trying to ask her out for a month, just want to do it already!!
Just ask her the next time you see her :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending