The Student Room Group

Top up year?

If you do the 2 years with the option of a top up third year at uni, can you do the top at year at a different uni, the course would be sport management

Thanks
Original post by Turtletime
If you do the 2 years with the option of a top up third year at uni, can you do the top at year at a different uni, the course would be sport management

Thanks

It depends on the university and how similar the courses are. I assume you mean basically switching course from a college 'HND' style or first two years of a degree course, but they can't actually give out degrees so you have to do your final year at a university? If so, your college probably has a few links with local universities who they will send you to to finish the course - I know my old sixth form used to offer adult education classes like this and they sent the students off to local universities for the final year of the course.
Normally it will be aranged that you do the top up year at a particular university, and they will keep spaces available for top up students.

It may be possible to transfer elsewhere, although this is not usual. Not all universities or course will accept transfers into later years, and there may not always be the spaces available. I would suggest contacting any universities you want to transfer to now, and see if this option would be possible or they can suggest any alternatives. However, it is less likely they will keep a space open for you like the university your course has links with will.
Reply 3
To clarify, my course would be taking place at a uni, alongside the BA Hons on the 3 year course, same course but different method but wanted to know if I had the option to do the 3rd year elsewhere!

Quick Reply

Latest