The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by james1211
But she doesn't​ earn her own money. That isn't his fault.

yes because he is confining to the household to look after the children and do the housework, you know those roles that only females are allowed to do?
Original post by Peace&Love
But what you are outlining presents you as very much the dictator and is in fact very sexist, do you not agree?

Depends on what you class as sexist . I can live with being seen as some what of a "dictator" if thats what you like to call it
Reply 42
Original post by Le Nombre
Errrm was this meant for me?

My apologies, hope I haven't caused any hassle for you. :colondollar:
Original post by Ronove
You provide enough money for the costs of running the house and family, and then you work out how much money you're allowing yourself to have available for 'lifestyle' items (ie non-essentials), and you make sure she has the same amount to spend on non-essentials herself. I've been out of a job since 30th December and so we're surviving on my other half's income. Money is tight, but if he deems himself able to still afford, say, a computer game costing ÂŁ30, he does not expect me to go without anything up to that amount. It's a joint enterprise, we support each other, regardless of who is bringing the money in at any given point in time.

Edit: The post above this has reminded me: looking after 'my house and my kids'... sounds like you should be paying her a salary on top of paying for the expenses, in that case, given that she's providing you with a service. I'm guessing you won't be able to afford that, so you might want to change your approach. :wink:

funny how many loud feminists on here are leeching off their husbands/bf's. this is at least the 3rd-4th time i see it in less than a month. and that's just the ones admitting to it.
Original post by theoferdinand
Depends on what you class as sexist . I can live with being seen as some what of a "dictator" if thats what you like to call it

haha ok then! I wish you look in finding someone who will put up with your such sexist and degrading opinions.

Any strong willed, attractive, well educated women would not put up with this bullsh^t soo good luck mate :smile:
You've got a wife and kids, you've already bent yourself over the table there, I wouldn't piss her off with an 'allowance'. She owns you.
Reply 46
Original post by redferry
So you wouldn't find it sexist if I said to another girl don't trust a man with a joint account hell just gamble and drink all the money away?

In the event tsr doesn't send an alert, I quoted you here.
Reply 47
Original post by enthuziazmz
funny how many loud feminists on here are leeching off their husbands/bf's. this is at least the 3rd-4th time i see it in less than a month. and that's just the ones admitting to it.

Loud?

Feminist?

Also yeah, totally leeching off him. I made sure my place of work shut down purely so I'd have an excuse. Good one.
Reply 48
yes because he is confining to the household to look after the children and do the housework, you know those roles that only females are allowed to do?

No, she's confining herself to the house by not having a job. What should she be doing instead? Having tea parties at her husbands expense? If she wants to be independent she would have to get a job. I am sure that if she were employed and the husband was not, he would stay at home and do housework.
Reply 49
But she doesn't​ earn her own money. That isn't his fault.

Yes, it is. He wants her to be the housewife.
Original post by redferry
So you wouldn't find it sexist if I said to another girl don't trust a man with a joint account hell just gamble and drink all the money away?

Not really . But lets be real thats not even true . What is true however is that most women are extremely materialistic and are not as good as men at budgeting .
Original post by Ronove
You provide enough money for the costs of running the house and family, and then you work out how much money you're allowing yourself to have available for 'lifestyle' items (ie non-essentials), and you make sure she has the same amount to spend on non-essentials herself. I've been out of a job since 30th December and so we're surviving on my other half's income. Money is tight, but if he deems himself able to still afford, say, a computer game costing ÂŁ30, he does not expect me to go without anything up to that amount. It's a joint enterprise, we support each other, regardless of who is bringing the money in at any given point in time.

Edit: The post above this has reminded me: looking after 'my house and my kids'... sounds like you should be paying her a salary on top of paying for the expenses, in that case, given that she's providing you with a service. I'm guessing you won't be able to afford that, so you might want to change your approach. :wink:

To be honest, I see no reason why if you're the one earning all the money you should give your partner the same amount to splash on. If I was earning and my boyfriend found money was right, I'd be happy to help him out. But if I spend ÂŁ700 on say, an expensive laptop, that doesn't mean I'll give him that amount because I spent it.
Original post by Ronove
Yes, it is. He wants her to be the housewife.

And there is nothing wrong with that what so ever . Whats wrong for one is right for another
No, she's confining herself to the house by not having a job. What should she be doing instead? Having tea parties at her husbands expense? If she wants to be independent she would have to get a job. I am sure that if she were employed and the husband was not, he would stay at home and do housework.

he isn't allowing her to have a job? Have you not read it correctly? he wants a housewife who stays at home cooking, cleaning and whatever else?

the children will be 'there' children not just hers so why should he give an allowance to her to pay for herself and the children?
haha ok then! I wish you look in finding someone who will put up with your such sexist and degrading opinions.

Any strong willed, attractive, well educated women would not put up with this bullsh^t soo good luck mate :smile:

You sure about that lol
Not really . But lets be real thats not even true . What is true however is that most women are extremely materialistic and are not as good as men at budgeting .

Another great sexist comment? How can you generalize so much? How do you know what im like at budgeting? I happen to be very good at saving money
Reply 56

You've got a chip on your shoulder. She's choosing to do all those roles, it's also his money so it's entirely up to him if she gets an allowance or if she has full access to his money if she felt so bad she'd get a job like everyone else.
he isn't allowing her to have a job? Have you not read it correctly? he wants a housewife who stays at home cooking, cleaning and whatever else?

the children will be 'there' children not just hers so why should he give an allowance to her to pay for herself and the children?

This is why you should read carefully peace and love . I pay for the kids
You sure about that lol

yeah.

An attractive women will be able to find a man who actually knows how to take care of her, not treating her like a child with a weekly pocket money for being a good housewife and cleaning the house to your standards.

A well educated women will want to make her own way and want her own career not a pathetic sexist pig.

A strong willed women would not take any **** like this..

What you are presenting with allowances is very controlling and constricting...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59

Why do you mean isn't allowing her? What exactly is he doing to stop her from getting a job? If she doesn't like it she clearly has the option to leave. You are basically reducing her to a passive object who is incapable of making any decisions.

Latest

Trending

Trending