The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage physically attacked

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/2014-01-20/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hit-by-placard-during-protest/

so much for peaceful protest I wonder what would happen if UKIP supporters had attacked an immigrant we would never hear the end of it worldwide news

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nationwide maybe, worldwide no way, though suspect it would take more than a whack with a placard to provoke that. Most of the world don't know who UKIP are much less give a **** about them, hardly like Americans are sat around concerning themselves with the details of Britain's relationship with the EU and the different stances parties take on it.
Absolutely disgusting.

Reminded me of when Bloom hit that journalist over the head with a UKIP brochure. Which was also disgusting. (The attack, not the brochure)

(oh ok then, the brochure too.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
The funny thing is those people are usually the type who go around saying how tolerant they are and calling right-wingers Nazis.
Whilst completely blind to the fact that physically attacking or physically trying to censor anyone with a different belief far more resembles Nazi's then a party following the democratic process trying to get into power.
Being hit on the head with a sign isn't really that much big of a deal. Childish, but really insignificant.

It was like when Godfrey Bloom hit a reporter around the head with a UKIP leaflet; it was stupid but nobody gave a ****.
Reply 5
I would comfort him :heart:
Reply 6
Original post by SHallowvale
Being hit on the head with a sign isn't really that much big of a deal. Childish, but really insignificant.

It was like when Godfrey Bloom hit a reporter around the head with a UKIP leaflet; it was stupid but nobody gave a ****.

Its not so much the scale of the attack but the fact it has happened before (Edinburgh).

It does become a party when a minority of extremists try to actually censor and intimidate a political party, basically attacking democracy.
I found it funny hahaha
I just love how it was such a small number of people and they're just mad UKIP are gaining ground locally. I wonder if UKIP might have Proportional Representation as a policy, it would help them very much.
No, it wasn't right but I can't really feel sympathetic for Farage.
Original post by Snagprophet
I just love how it was such a small number of people...

It was indeed a small number of people. Or as UKIP would put it, a tidal wave.
The thug should be jailed, it might not have done physical damage but it intimidated him and assaulting him is an insult to democracy.
Reply 12
Original post by Ace123
http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/2014-01-20/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hit-by-placard-during-protest/

so much for peaceful protest I wonder what would happen if UKIP supporters had attacked an immigrant we would never hear the end of it worldwide news

No, no that works for me. Hit Farage not the immigrants.
Reply 13
Original post by wildrover
The thug should be jailed, it might not have done physical damage but it intimidated him and assaulting him is an insult to democracy.

You're really suggesting a custodial sentence for a thump on the head? He intimidates my intelligence whenever he speaks is that not a crime and insult to democracy?
Reply 14
Leftist scum supporting their side like a football team.

There's no bigger plague than leftists in our current society. Get rid of them now or they'll enforce guilt on your children for existing.
Original post by Tom78
You're really suggesting a custodial sentence for a thump on the head? He intimidates my intelligence whenever he speaks is that not a crime and insult to democracy?

Yes because threatening behaviour cannot be tolerated, people have been jailed for doing far less at football matches. How can you compare your political feelings being hurt to someone who expresses the political opinion of a larage amount of the public, being physically assaulted after a serious operation.
Reply 16
Original post by wildrover
Yes because threatening behaviour cannot be tolerated, people have been jailed for doing far less at football matches. How can you compare your political feelings being hurt to someone who expresses the political opinion of a larage amount of the public, being physically assaulted after a serious operation.

Mate, jokes aside what I just witnessed in that video was barely even a crime let alone one worthy of a stint in prison. Get real lol.
The fact that one of the leftists was wearing a really stupid looking dinosaur onesie makes me want to vote for him.
Original post by yo radical one
The fact that one of the leftists was wearing a really stupid looking dinosaur onesie makes me want to vote for him.

How do you know that they were left wing?
Original post by SHallowvale
How do you know that they were left wing?

Only a leftist would go to a political event with an unkempt beard dressed as a dinosaur :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending