The Student Room Group

TSR scares me

Specifically the women hating men. It's scary how many men really despise women on here.

I didn't care much for feminism before I came here but this has really opened my eyes on how much hate women received in the past and that they continue to receive even now. I've only been here since November last year and I'm sure there have been in excess of a 100 woman hating threads.

It's truly terrifying what many men think about women out there. The fact that its anonymous opinions really could only mean that many people you see in real life have this horrible opinions. How did this happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

i agree
Reply 2
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Specifically the women hating men. It's scary how many men really despise women on here.

I didn't care much for feminism before I came here but this has really opened my eyes on how much hate women received in the past and that they continue to receive even now. I've only been here since November last year and I'm sure there have been in excess of a 100 woman hating threads.

It's truly terrifying what many men think about women out there. The fact that its anonymous opinions really could only mean that many people you see in real life have this horrible opinions. How did this happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I read "women hating men" I thought " finally you've acknowledged that women do that on TSR too, maybe she's not as one sided as I originally thought."
Then it all made sense.
Reply 3
lol there are more white nights than women haters on tsr :smile:
Reply 4
It must be scary to not get your ass kissed 24/7 online like you do in real life.

Not to mention I agree with the above. There's more whiteknights than anti-feminists. Set your profile to a guy and try to argue with a female to see what I mean.
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahahaha you can't be serious? This is hilarious
No actually, I agree. There's a lot of very nasty guys on here, and they're not all trolls. For every troll thread, there's genuine responses from men who seem to utterly despise and distrust all women. It's really quite sick.

But then again, if you look at the average TSRian, it probably explains a lot.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Yep, all of us men dislike some of you women because of your vaginas, not because of your personality or opinions.

Ironic isn't it? That you say it's sexist to see you as just 'women' and yet as soon as you receive negativity you forget the fact that you're a person and assume it must be because you're a woman. Hypocrisy once again.
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did this happen? You mean, how has it not been fixed yet? right? I didn't realise the extent of it until I came on here either... I think it might be in part a reaction of younger men feeling less empowered as gender equality becomes a more achievable prospect - they feel emasculated and react by hating and objectifying women. They feel able to express these opinions on here as even with usernames, it is at least in part an anonymous system.
Reply 9
Lol at the women who complain about this and then immediately belittle men a few seconds later

What TheReckless said was spot on...
Reply 10

That missed hyphen completely destroys that first sentence. Now I can't tell if women hate men or men hate women, and I will never know.
I agree so much. wiminz rights brah.

there are too many white knights on here and too many misogynists. both sides are *****
Original post by xDave-
That missed hyphen completely destroys that first sentence. Now I can't tell if women hate men or men hate women, and I will never know.

was about to say the same thing
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
No actually, I agree. There's a lot of very nasty guys on here, and they're not all trolls. For every troll thread, there's genuine responses from men who seem to utterly despite and distrust all women. It's really quite sick.

I agree It's disgusting. Luckily I've never had the misfortune of running into such ignorant pathetic human beings in real life. Wonder why.
This is TSR. Not sure what people expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xDave-

This.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons

What's that supposed to mean? :hmmm:
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
This is TSR. Not sure what people expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A mature respectable environment for people of all races, religions, and genders to gather and sing songs from the 80's.

Obviously.
Original post by ConsiderScience
A mature respectable environment for people of all races, religions, and genders to gather and sing songs from the 80's.

Obviously.

Feminist scum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AntisthenesDogger

Well that was rude.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending