The Student Room Group

TSR scares me

Scroll to see replies

show me a few threads where the topic is ''hating women''. for some reason many women seem to confuse having a different opinion with hating them.
Original post by Steevee
And in response we men will pretend the 'Teach men not to rape!' threads don't exist, along with the 'MRAs are all just women-haters who don't get any' threads and all those in the similar vein. The 'hate' goes both ways, you've been around long enough to see that. If you fail to acknowledge it then it's really just telling of your own bias,

I'm not saying no one posts threads being rude about men or other groups, but men don't have institutional sexism, and also the threads against men aren't nearly as frequent. If it was just one or two, everyone would think "what a knob" and leave it, but it's how frequent they are and how blase they are about what they're saying
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't say anything on here I wouln;t be happy to say to anyone's face, but weirdly these idiots are mysteriously absent from real life.

Bunch of pussies if you ask me

Totally seconded, I'm this outspoken in person. I've never bothered to hide my opinions, so I'm not about to start now. :tongue:

Indeed. They just know they'd be destroyed in an actual argument. Or they're too scared of showing their true colours in case they never get in another relationship again.
Reply 43
Is this thread just going to be a communion of women agreeing with each other?

that's what it seems like :lol:
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
I was busy agreeing with you. :smile: And so does Tyrion.

Original post by redferry
I want to give you a hug :frown:

You just have to remember most guys aren't like that and even many that are will grow out of it :smile:

I left for a long time because of it but if you don't let it get you down and learn to laugh at it and wind them up its not so bad.

Are you at uni yet? It was definitely uni that opened my eyes to the full scale of the issue...

Yeah, just pretend that thread about why you shouldn't have joint accounts because women will take all your money never happened. Or the one about why women have to be thin because men don't have enough high quality females. Or that eveyr time someone mentions rape, FALSE ACCUSATIONS PEOPLE!!1! gets mentioned.

That never happens

Exactly! I love how people are trying to sweep this under the carpet and trying to detract from the problem by saying "you're exaggerating!" Or what personally annoys me, "whitenights!" What exactly does that have to do with my thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Totally seconded, I'm this outspoken in person. I've never bothered to hide my opinions, so I'm not about to start now. :tongue:

Indeed. They just know they'd be destroyed in an actual argument. Or they're too scared of showing their true colours in case they never get in another relationship again.

Yep :tongue: I'll debate with anyone.

Yes, such idiots.
Reply 46
Where is your need to shut down this discussion coming from?
At first I was outraged by the misogyny, then slightly amused, then I was bored, and now I'm bored by this.

It's the TSR life cycle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Exactly! I love how people are trying to sweep this under the carpet and trying to detract from the problem by saying "you're exaggerating!" Or what personally annoys me, "whitenights!" What exactly does that have to do with my thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just trying to detract from the argument. Because obviously us females (not women) are overmeotional and overreacting LOL EVO PSYCH!!1! HURDUR MAH PENIS. LULZ WOMEN y u no have sex with me

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 49
I'm not saying no one posts threads being rude about men or other groups, but men don't have institutional sexism, and also the threads against men aren't nearly as frequent. If it was just one or two, everyone would think "what a knob" and leave it, but it's how frequent they are and how blase they are about what they're saying

And here we are again, let's not bring in the entirety of sexism into an argument that is clearly about cases on TSR. In my experience there are as many female posters on TSR hostile to male posters and vice versa. They may be in slightly different catagories, but they are there.

You get more male trolls, sure. But the amount of people that stay and post long term is surely even in the 'hate' department toward either gender. And I would say that includes the merry little band of Feminists on TSR that insist on belittling and insulting anyone that doesn't agree with their world view.
Original post by Steevee
And in response we men will pretend the 'Teach men not to rape!' threads don't exist, along with the 'MRAs are all just women-haters who don't get any' threads and all those in the similar vein. The 'hate' goes both ways, you've been around long enough to see that. If you fail to acknowledge it then it's really just telling of your own bias,

I have spoken up against those teach men not to rape threads of you actually bother checking my post history as I also find it insulting.

Completely fine by me.

Original post by Robbie242
Is this thread just going to be a communion of women agreeing with each other?

that's what it seems like :lol:

Doesn't it bear any resemblance to the congregation of men on threads like "women don't really know what guys they like" or "feminists are all evil creatures that want to bring the demise of humanity" threads that have been floating around lately? And there have been women who disagreed with me so don't get your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steevee
And here we are again, let's not bring in the entirety of sexism into an argument that is clearly about cases on TSR. In my experience there are as many female posters on TSR hostile to male posters and vice versa. They may be in slightly different catagories, but they are there.

You get more male trolls, sure. But the amount of people that stay and post long term is surely even in the 'hate' department toward either gender. And I would say that includes the merry little band of Feminists on TSR that insist on belittling and insulting anyone that doesn't agree with their world view.

But you can't ignore institutional sexism, this is about TSR but if insitutional sexism affects women, surely you can see how it's more damaging? It would be like a thread calling white people"honkey bastards" while offensive, isn't as bad as a thread calling black people the n word

I haven't seen any females who actually "hate" men, although they are probably there. Could you link me? I'm curious
Reply 52
I have spoken up against those teach men not to rape threads of you actually bother checking my post history as I also find it insulting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why on Earth would I check your post history? :lolwut:
Reply 53

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sorry to say I trolled a thread of teenage camps in America with anti feminist style arguments.

Unsurprisingly everyone was up in arms over what I said and no one agreed with me.

Yet when it's about gender equality there's numerous people leaping to the defence of patronising illinformed undermining arguments.
Keyboard warriors, they will say anything to get a reaction, so don't take them too seriously:wink:
I think she was referring to you and the other men who have commented, so it stands.
Reply 56

Completely fine by me.

Doesn't it bear any resemblance to the congregation of men on threads like "women don't really know what guys they like" or "feminists are all evil creatures that want to bring the demise of humanity" threads that have been floating around lately? And there have been women who disagreed with me so don't get your point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you count that as women hating?
The titles are meant to grab the attention of TSR users, of course they are going to have huge general statements in the title. Like yours ''TSR scares me'' what you've explained isn't that scary

Third wave feminism isn't a good thing, so it deserves to be belittled and ridiculed on a high level - doesn't mean that the men or women insulting the ideology are sexist
Original post by Steevee
Why on Earth would I check your post history? :lolwut:

Don't know :dontknow:, I didn't say you should check it, I said if you're bothered to, you'll find that I disagree with such threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's an online forum where you get keyboard warriors spouting crap.

You should expect childish behaviour. :colone:
Reply 59
But you can't ignore institutional sexism, this is about TSR but if insitutional sexism affects women, surely you can see how it's more damaging? It would be like a thread calling white people"honkey bastards" while offensive, isn't as bad as a thread calling black people the n word

I haven't seen any females who actually "hate" men, although they are probably there. Could you link me? I'm curious

I disagree with that narrative. Your view of the institutional being worse is not shared by all Tyrion. Infact, it's symptomatic of an abdication of responsibility that is marked in many 'rights' movements that I and many others find troubling.

Well, I see few men that legitimately 'hate' women, those that are obvious are normally trolls. I assumed we were using 'hate' in the colloquial internet sense, which is to say, dislike or disagree with strongly, such as the band of Feminists I pointed out earlier who have a rather awful habit of getting into little circle-jerks about how stupid men who disagree with them are, along with resorting to insult and belittlement in almost every case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending