The Student Room Group

TSR scares me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Well most of the people on this site hold god awful opinions and that's generally reflected in the way they treat people that hold different opinions. I've found that in most threads along these lines there's is at least some level of passive-aggressive vitriol which makes arguing with the people in question one of the most frustrating tasks imaginable.
Reply 101
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
No actually, I agree. There's a lot of very nasty guys on here, and they're not all trolls. For every troll thread, there's genuine responses from men who seem to utterly despite and distrust all women. It's really quite sick.

But then again, if you look at the average TSRian, it probably explains a lot.

Hold on there. Now while a lot of the responses will be horrifically biased due to a lack of social skills, I have to confess that im not a fan of the average British girl, and I've lived all over the country so its not a localised thing. They tend to be insecure, boring, overweight or ugly, and all in all, not actually very nice people. Mix that in with the fact that almost none are single for more than 6 weeks at any time, and its a sad sight indeed.

If you're looking for a girl that is feminine, interesting, nice, doesn't have a load of emotional issues, and of course is single, you may as well try flying to the moon.

(FYI I don't think the guys offer much either before anyone wants to deflect this onto guys)
Reply 102
Original post by C_G
Well most of the people on this site hold god awful opinions and that's generally reflected in the way they treat people that hold different opinions. I've found that in most threads along these lines there's is at least some level of passive-aggressive vitriol which makes arguing with the people in question one of the most frustrating tasks imaginable.

Same could be said for arguing with most feminists

It's just as bad on the other side
I dont hate women, just feminists
Original post by cyxstudio
I dont hate women, just feminists

You realise the meaning of feminism is anyone who wants gender equality, right?
Reply 105
Original post by Robbie242
Same could be said for arguing with most feminists

It's just as bad on the other side

You rarely see feminists saying "I hate none-feminists". You regularly see none-feminists saying "I hate feminists".
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
OMG. I did not say ALL men and neither did they, please, please just read and understand what. I. Am. Saying.

And of course I'm not actually terrified of this because the truth is I haven't even seen this sort of behaviour in real life, that's my point. I'm just worried that many more men than we know actually think like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plenty do, unfortunately. However, many have no need to display it though, so it doesn't become apparent. And many subconsciously have these thoughts, due to social conditioning.

It's the world we live in.
People still think racist thoughts and still stereotype. Many people still haven't fully accepted homosexuals (they're tolerant, but they don't like it)

This is the same. It will take a few generations (at least) before we see true equality. Think how long anti-racism campaigns have been going for, and yet we still have problems.

Sexism is more accepted in society than racism. it's brushed under the carpet, and less blatant so it's likely to stick around for even longer.

Sad, but the truth.
I'm surprised that people are still surprised.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MJ1012
When I read "women hating men" I thought " finally you've acknowledged that women do that on TSR too, maybe she's not as one sided as I originally thought."
Then it all made sense.

Lol, makes two of us.
Reply 108
Original post by C_G
You rarely see feminists saying "I hate none-feminists". You regularly see none-feminists saying "I hate feminists".

and?
does it really matter who hates each other more?
Reply 109
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I judge them by what they do not what they say and feminists aren't interested in helping men. Can you name me anything significant that feminists have done for men?
Reply 110
You don't seem to understand what 'exaggerate' means.

I do not have a personal problem with you but I'm rapidly gaining one. Glad we've got that out of the way.

'asked if I wanted to keep it on topic'? I had a problem with something you said. What does 'asked if I wanted to keep it on topic' mean if not 'stop criticising something I said/did'? You did something worthy of criticism, I am criticising it. If you're so keen on staying on topic, why don't you discuss the OP rather than Tyrion's approach to discussing it?

Think it depends on the type of Feminism, which as a word has a bad stigma now. Should just say you're 'egalitarian' tbh.
(edited 10 years ago)

:lol: that is indeed scary :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puma21
I judge them by what they do not what they say and feminists aren't interested in helping men. Can you name me anything significant that feminists have done for men?

Feminism is trying to get rid of gender inequality and patriarchy, which also causes lots of issues for men. Feminism focuses on women's problems, but that is not a problem. Using your logic, is the black rights movement racist because helping whites is not one of it's primary aims? No. It seeks equality, but is primarily concerned with helping black people, who are unequal. Same with this
Reply 114
Original post by MJ1012
Because many of the complainers were commenting that they "never experience this is real life."
I was pointing out the concept of trolling, it doesn't mean people do hold these opinions just because they post on the internet.

Fair enough then. I agree that some of the more ridiculous views are unlikely to be worth challenging on here. I'm sure in a lot of cases, even where the poster genuinely holds certain views, they end up enjoying pushing it to the extreme just for the reaction.
The internet makes people brave , as Areeb said , if people made these types of opinions irl they would have to deal with persecution etc

This isn't just on TSR its all over the internet , as there is lots of racism and other types of discrimination , KKK fanpages etc . So you don't need to cry about it.

I think people label a bit too eagerly , raise a criticism about some types of women and your a fierce woman hating misogynist whereas 'guys are such jerks !' , 'where are all the nice guys' is just women freely expressing opinions right ?

- I do not in anyway condone the behaviour of the misogynists on this site.
Reply 116
Original post by Robbie242
and?
does it really matter who hates each other more?

Well, yes. It does.
Reply 117
It's okay.

at-least-you-tried.jpg
Reply 118
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I have spoken up against those teach men not to rape threads of you actually bother checking my post history as I also find it insulting.

I think you'll find you've also been a massive douche to some of us "because men" in the past. :dontknow:

yes

legit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending