The Student Room Group

Dropping an A level after UCAS has been sent off

I am currently studying 4 A level subjects, I have received all 5 of my offers and they only ask for AAB in 3 subjects even though i am predicted AAAC in 4.
If i was to drop the A level where i am predicted a C in, would it affect my application etc. even if i still got the AAB they asked for?

Thankyou
Reply 1
Depends if they specified that subject in any of your offers or not. If you drop it you will have to inform all the universities that you are doing so.
Nope. Although I'd recommend emailing both UCAS and the universities you've applied to including your Full Name & Track ID so they can make a record.
Reply 3
Original post by Paralove
Depends if they specified that subject in any of your offers or not. If you drop it you will have to inform all the universities that you are doing so.

No they didn't. They just asked for AAB in any 3 of my 4 subjects.
So will I still have to contact them?
Original post by atinaaa
I am currently studying 4 A level subjects, I have received all 5 of my offers and they only ask for AAB in 3 subjects even though i am predicted AAAC in 4.
If i was to drop the A level where i am predicted a C in, would it affect my application etc. even if i still got the AAB they asked for?

Thankyou

Yes, you have to tell each uni and make sure they are ok with what you are doing, otherwise they are entitled to withdraw their offer.
Original post by atinaaa
No they didn't. They just asked for AAB in any 3 of my 4 subjects.
So will I still have to contact them?

Yes, you are changing the terms of your application and they would have the right to withdraw your place. They almost certainly won't in reality, but don't take the risk. Tell them now, so they don't find out on results day and spring a nasty surprise on you.
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes, you have to tell each uni and make sure they are ok with what you are doing, otherwise they are entitled to withdraw their offer.

Thankyou :smile:

Original post by carnationlilyrose
Yes, you are changing the terms of your application and they would have the right to withdraw your place. They almost certainly won't in reality, but don't take the risk. Tell them now, so they don't find out on results day and spring a nasty surprise on you.

It looks like I'm not going to drop it after all :frown: lol. But thankyou
You must tell UCAS - qualsupport@ucas.ac.uk - and all Unis where you have an Offer.

This is important, even if the qualification isnt part of any offer. If they can't 'match' your results to what you have said you are taking this could delay the confirmation of your place on Results Day.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest