The Student Room Group

I'm a Convicted Hacker and Ex Prisoner - Ask Me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cascadingstylez
I mentioned this on another answer. I can not have children, so for someone to waste a life because they don't want a child angers me. Especially when they could put the child up for adoption to give those who can't have children a chance to be a parent.

I am aware there are issues with women being raped and ending up pregnant, and this is so sensitive that I would preferrer it if you didn't ask me to discuss this.

No worries I understand. I'm not about to try and persuade you otherwise even though I disagree strongly, this is not the place.

Well I hope you manage to successfully adopt if and when you are ready for children. If you want to ask me anything about that then feel free to PM me.
Original post by redferry
No worries I understand. I'm not about to try and persuade you otherwise even though I disagree strongly, this is not the place.

Well I hope you manage to successfully adopt if and when you are ready for children. If you want to ask me anything about that then feel free to PM me.

Thank you. I would love to adopt some day, but my criminal record may make it difficult. It upsets me at times that I'll never be a "Dad", I just hope one day I'll be able to adopt.
Reply 122
If you had never gotten arrested, would you still be doing illegal or "unethical" hacking?
Original post by johnh1983
If you had never gotten arrested, would you still be doing illegal or "unethical" hacking?

Yes.
Reply 124
fascinating thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
is th3j35t3r the best hacker ever?
Reply 126
Yes.

Do you consider your arrest a good thing or a bad thing then? As in, do you think you might have done something far worse than you did or far more damaging than you did which might have had far worse repercussions?
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
is th3j35t3r the best hacker ever?

I'm convinced The Jester is employed by the FBI. I wouldn't say he's the best though.
I'm convinced The Jester is employed by the FBI. I wouldn't say he's the best though.

Have you got an advanced tip to stop my coinbase being hacked?
Original post by johnh1983
Do you consider your arrest a good thing or a bad thing then? As in, do you think you might have done something far worse than you did or far more damaging than you did which might have had far worse repercussions?

I think it's a good thing because I know for certain I'd have done worse things. If I'd have succeed on the attack that I was testing the day I was arrested I'd probably looking at 10 years in prison. I can't mention what it was though.
How did you get involved with Anonymous?

To what extent did you interact with them? Like you all must have been "friends" in order for everyone within the group to know each other by name hence being grassed on.

How long do you feel it'll take to be competent at "hacking" based that I currently know no programming language. Or just being able to do things in the Hacking sense, not necessarily doing things illegal :colone:
What language would you recommend to start learning?

extremely entertaining nonetheless, especially when he made lulzsec cream themselves.
I have Aspergers, it was only diagnosed recently. But that explains a lot. I've always had an unhealthy obsession with computers. On my 16th birthday I spent my £150 birthday money on 3 Visual Basic books. It progressed from there. I dropped out of school at 15 because I enjoyed sitting in front of the computer and learning more about the computer than I did to attend school.

There's a lot of things a successful software developer should know. I don't know if I qualify as a successful developer, most of the software I develop is in the Internet Marketing, and Data Analysis field.

But, successful developers NEED to understand Object Orientated Programming. They need to understand Test Driven Development and how to Unit Test. They need to understand revision control, and how to work in a collaborative environment. Git is a popular choice. To many to mention.

I also think its important to focus on one language, and learn that inside out. Know how it works at its core, and not just on the surface. How it uses memory, how garbage collection works etc. For example, in .NET I think its paramount to understand how the CLR works.

I have always heard the opposite advice: don't get stuck with a language. Professional devs will learn any language as a case requires.
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
Have you got an advanced tip to stop my coinbase being hacked?

Have you had your account hacked, or are you worried it will be hacked?
http://facebook.com/whitehat/thanks

Go to that page, press CTRL + F, type James Jeffery.

I won't prove anything else to you.

That proves that there is a guy call James Jeffery that did something and was thanked by Facebook. It does not prove that you are James or that you are an actual software developer or any of the other things you claimed. Like we say in TSR: pics or it did not happen. :wink:
Original post by Juichiro
I have always heard the opposite advice: don't get stuck with a language. Professional devs will learn any language as a case requires.

It is important to learn a number of languages. I had great fun learning and playing with Haskell, but I won't use it in production. But if you're desire is to become a C# developer for example, then you need to know that language inside out and focus on that language. There's nothing stopping you learning other languages along the way though. I've done that all my programming life.
Original post by Juichiro
That proves that there is a guy call James Jeffery that did something and was thanked by Facebook. It does not prove that you are James or that you are an actual software developer or any of the other things you claimed. Like we say in TSR: pics or it did not happen. :wink:

This has already been addressed. The user qr95 asked the same question, and I backed it up with http://jamesjeffery.me/qr95/ ... That's my domain, his username in it, and my domain name is on that Facebook page.

Jeez. Why do people think everyone tells lies :s-smilie:
Original post by Raylan Givens
You have posted on here every year since the creation of your account. I've just run checks on that and you have posted in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. On that basis, considering you were in prison for a spell, did you have access to a computer and use TSR whilst in prison? Just interested to know.

It is unlikely that inmates have acess to computers on prison let alone someone that got jailed for using one for criminal purposes. The only alternative is that the is not James Jeffery and he is doing this for attention seeking purposes.
Have you had your account hacked, or are you worried it will be hacked?

Let's just say I have some high value assets and I trade regularly.

Just wondering if there is some insider tips of flaws of system you know, though tbh I have it on linux and try to keep it airlocked as much as possible so I have been fine so far.
I think it's a good thing because I know for certain I'd have done worse things. If I'd have succeed on the attack that I was testing the day I was arrested I'd probably looking at 10 years in prison. I can't mention what it was though.

would you go back to it again, if given the chance?

Quick Reply

Latest