The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

After telling myself that I'm probably not going to get an offer from Nottingham and I might as well just accept the inevitable rejection, I got an A*AA offer just now. :smile:
Original post by ravenclawed
After telling myself that I'm probably not going to get an offer from Nottingham and I might as well just accept the inevitable rejection, I got an A*AA offer just now. :smile:

Hahaha congrats, what are your grades like?
Original post by Hazard17
Hahaha congrats, what are your grades like?

I got AAAB at AS and I'm predicted A*AA :smile: So they're good, not amazing though. I was really pessimistic about it because there seemed to be so many people on TSR with amazing grades also applying.
Original post by ravenclawed
I got AAAB at AS and I'm predicted A*AA :smile: So they're good, not amazing though. I was really pessimistic about it because there seemed to be so many people on TSR with amazing grades also applying.

Congratulations! I'm guessing you will be firming Notts then?

About TSR grades: TSR is full of academically gifted people, and in that environment, people who didn't do as amazingly at GCSE/AS aren't going to bother to post their grades, so it's probably quite an inflated image of who's actually applying where.
FINALLY IT HAS ARRIVED, offer from Nottingham. A*AA however, which is slightly disappointing, but atleast it gives me another option and it's good for the ol' ego to still maintain a 100% offer success rate.... so far.
Anyone got an offer from Warwick? Im waiting for them to reply so i can choose my firm and insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2906
what is the contact email for nottingham economics admissions?
Original post by kiirankapoor
Anyone got an offer from Warwick? Im waiting for them to reply so i can choose my firm and insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couple of people have got offers recently (last week or two) according to the Warwick applicants page. Which uni are you planning to insure?
(edited 10 years ago)
Abcd- It's on the page for 'Economics BA/BSc.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fas
FINALLY IT HAS ARRIVED, offer from Nottingham. A*AA however, which is slightly disappointing, but atleast it gives me another option and it's good for the ol' ego to still maintain a 100% offer success rate.... so far.

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2910
Original post by Pro Crastination
Abcd- It's on the page for 'Economics BA/BSc.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
Original post by NedStark
Couple of people have got offers recently (last week or two) according to the Warwick applicants page. Which uni are you planning to insure?

Ahh okay. Well it depends on what Warwick offers tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard back from warwick yet - offers or rejections? applied like 2 months ago and still heard nothing back from them
Reply 2913
does anyone know when bristol are giving out more offers as it has been over 3 months and the only thing i have heard from them is the email saying 'we are still considering your application' :| ???
Original post by Maat
does anyone know when bristol are giving out more offers as it has been over 3 months and the only thing i have heard from them is the email saying 'we are still considering your application' :| ???

Mate, last year I had to wait 2 weeks after the deadline to finally get my offer for Bristol econ. Took forever. Don't expect anything soon lol, you either get an offer SUPER early or SUPER late haha.
Reply 2915
I must be one of the last to receive a decision from Nottingham! Fully expect it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ross95
I must be one of the last to receive a decision from Nottingham! Fully expect it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
Reply 2917
was told today by nottingham admissions that replies for economics could be as late as march...(still haven't received mine)
Original post by abcd1711
was told today by nottingham admissions that replies for economics could be as late as march...(still haven't received mine)

Me neither, though expecting a rejection anyway as I only applied with AAA predictions, what you predicted
Reply 2919
Original post by adamsandler
Me neither, though expecting a rejection anyway as I only applied with AAA predictions, what you predicted

a*aa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending