The Student Room Group

How many pillows do you sleep on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I voted two, but I think half the time I sleep just below the pillows, so sometimes it's zero.
I roll around a lot at night :redface:

It changes from, 0 to 1 to 2 throughout the night

Who else does thi....nevermind, I'm just a pillow freak :colondollar:
I have a double bed so I have 2 pillows on each side and I cuddle with one
:heart:
Reply 23
Original post by Kilroy8
Heh, yeah. I reach down to the floor to try and search around and find it, but once when I did that I picked up more than just a pillow. A huge spider decided he wanted to share the bed with me. I'm not scared of spiders but I don't really fancy sharing a bed with one. Little bugger, just threw him out the window :angry:

Oh, God. I'd **** myself. I have a phobia of cockroaches and spiders! :afraid:
Reply 24
Original post by ShannonOliver
I have a double bed so I have 2 pillows on each side and I cuddle with one
:heart:

Hahaha, same!!! I sleep on a double bed :smug:
Reply 25
1. Memory foam, so comfortable.
Reply 26
Original post by kidomo

You must have a neck of a giraffe :rolleyes:
Just the one ... More than one hurts my neck !
Reply 28
I've got 3 pillows on my bed, Ideally I only really need 2 but I've got 3 anyway.

Of course I don't pile them all under my head because sleeping with your neck at a right angle to the rest of your body isn't very comfortable. No, only one pillow under my head, one at an angle to sorta keep me in place...

And one to cuddle.

:C
Reply 29
Original post by SoftPunch
Oh, God. I'd **** myself. I have a phobia of cockroaches and spiders! :afraid:

I once went to Tenerife with my dad, and while eating a sandwich, I felt a tickle on the back of the forearm holding the sandwich and craned my head around to look, to see a giant ****ing cockroach sitting on my arm, with feeler things or legs or something waving and everything. It was horrifying.

On the other hand, a year or two later I volunteered to hold a cockroach at a creepy crawly roadshow, so I can't have been that traumatised.

...right? :afraid:

Edit: On topic: two. They're Danish pillows and tend to go a little flat. I sleep on my side so that wouldn't be OK with just the one.
Reply 30
1 or 2, depends on how I'm feeling.
Reply 31
Original post by Ronove
I once went to Tenerife with my dad, and while eating a sandwich, I felt a tickle on the back of the forearm holding the sandwich and craned my head around to look, to see a giant ****ing cockroach sitting on my arm, with feeler things or legs or something waving and everything. It was horrifying.

On the other hand, a year or two later I volunteered to hold a cockroach at a creepy crawly roadshow, so I can't have been that traumatised.

...right? :afraid:

Edit: On topic: two. They're Danish pillows and tend to go a little flat. I sleep on my side so that wouldn't be OK with just the one.

Haha, I think otherwise... :smug:

My dad, when he was in Venezuela, was standing outside his house there one evening and smoking... Anyways, he then felt something fly into his shirt pocket. When he looked it was a giant spider and he literally ripped off his shirt pocket trying to get this thing off him!! :toofunny: In Venezuela, S. America, it's particularly bad, as everything is over-sized there - cockroaches, spiders (tarantulas), snakes etc...
I would have fainted both in his or your situation!! That said, I remember not being scared of them when I was like 4... so my bravery gradually disappeared. :getmecoat:
Reply 32
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I've got 3 pillows on my bed, Ideally I only really need 2 but I've got 3 anyway.

Of course I don't pile them all under my head because sleeping with your neck at a right angle to the rest of your body isn't very comfortable. No, only one pillow under my head, one at an angle to sorta keep me in place...

And one to cuddle.

:C

Just get a doll. :smug:
2 but they're fairly thin
I seem to be in the minority with more than two but to explain its because I have two normal pillows and then a triangular pillow which is so nice to sleep on because its soft and when I want to read allows me to prop myself up. Classic night time set up :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by I like school
I seem to be in the minority with more than two but to explain its because I have two normal pillows and then a triangular pillow which is so nice to sleep on because its soft and when I want to read allows me to prop myself up. Classic night time set up :smile:

Is it a V pillow? I used to have one of these, on top of two normal pillows, but only used the ends of the V pillow to sleep on :tongue:
Reply 36
3. 1 really soft one, 1 semi soft one and one hardish one. I wish I could go back to sleeping on just one pillow. I don't think sleeping on so many is good for your neck :confused:
Only one but it's as a flat as a pancake. Sometimes I sleep with none if I'm at a friend's house or where ever. It's more comfortable
Reply 38
I begin with two but often end up with none by the end of the night.

Original post by Kelytha
Is it weird if I sleep with my head to the right... I lie on my stomach and barely put my head on the pillow at all. But when I sleep on the left I sleep in the foetal position with my head fully on the pillow

I do the exact same thing!
:eek::eek:

Reply 39
I have 4 but I only put my head on 1 or 2. The others are for like the wall or to stick between my legs to cool them when it's hot ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest