King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Well still waiting to see if I got an interview hmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by KerryMan
Do King's have an offer-holders open day? Or do they give a tour on the interview day?

They have a post-offer open day on the 19th March :smile:
Is the essay/questionnaire only for A100 interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bot94
I got 778 in my ukcat and still haven't heard anythinganything. This is worrying......

Hopefully soon :bebored:
Original post by callummj6747
Anyone have any idea what time of day these offers are coming through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

about 18:00 got an email 2 hours later
Original post by hello101
SO PEOPLE WHO HAVE OFFERS AND WERE ASKED TO UPLOAD PASSPORT ... HAD U GUYS UPLOADED THEM PRIOR TO INTERVIEW ??? So u effectively uploaded them twice ?????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't asked to upload my passport before my offer, I uploaded it before my interview like it says to on the interview letter
hi guys! also got an offer today!!!! :biggrin:DD had my interview on 14 Jan and only uploaded my scans before the interview, wasn't asked to do it again. hope you all hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hadiyayayaya
hi guys! also got an offer today!!!! :biggrin:DD had my interview on 14 Jan and only uploaded my scans before the interview, wasn't asked to do it again. hope you all hear back soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! What time did you hear? And how well did you think your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2808
Any grads with offers for A100 yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PAT330
Any grads with offers for A100 yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

None that i have seen for a100 ... Dying to find our but i think they are waiting to interview all grads ( oh lordy ) then give offers for grads and i have a feeling they will give offers to people who applied to a102 ( grad programme ) for a100 this year ....
PLEASE IF A GRAD who applied to a100 HAS HEARD post interview (+ve or -ve ) please let us know ... We all will be very grateful plus offer unlimited supply of brownie points ... Surely thats worth it ....... If not pretty pretty please ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
Congratulations!! What time did you hear? And how well did you think your interview went?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not too sure, its dated today and I randomly checked the portal at about 5:30? to be honest, I didn't think it went good! most definitely wasn't expecting to hear back so soon. I was really nervous and don't think I answered some of the questions as well as I could, just tried to smile through it haha

good luck with your application!

oh and thanks :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, I've applied for Medicine for 2014 entry however, having not heard from any of my medical applications yet I'm considering my options for next year. I just want to know if you have any knowledge on what the circumstances are for me if I were to reapply next year after taking a gap year and working in a hospital / whatever if I get three As in August for my A2s? Is that a good idea or should I take my plan B which is a offer from UCL for pharmacy? Medicine is really what I want to do but dont want to chuck away a good place like UCL.

If you have any experience of this situation or know anyone who has please let me know. I really like to find out what chance I have if I do get 3 As in August and reapply next year. I got 3A*s, 8As and 2 Bs for GCSE.
Original post by Seeker_SM

Hey, I've applied for Medicine for 2014 entry however, having not heard from any of my medical applications yet I'm considering my options for next year. I just want to know if you have any knowledge on what the circumstances are for me if I were to reapply next year after taking a gap year and working in a hospital / whatever if I get three As in August for my A2s? Is that a good idea or should I take my plan B which is a offer from UCL for pharmacy? Medicine is really what I want to do but dont want to chuck away a good place like UCL.

If you have any experience of this situation or know anyone who has please let me know. I really like to find out what chance I have if I do get 3 As in August and reapply next year. I got 3A*s, 8As and 2 Bs for GCSE.

Defer ucl for a year ... If u dont hear anything ... Sit ukcat -> smash it like get 100 % = medicine interviews = medicine ( easy peasy ) if ukcat not good u have pharmacy to go back to ... Honestly if u want medicine get everything rite at a levels ... GRADUATE ENTRY = mind Fu** ... Honestly unles u bloom and get in the top 6-8% of ukcat scores ... I would advice anyone who wants to do medicine and has done worke experience ... Can get the grades ... Forget everything else ... Get ur grades and work on these admissions test ... U can try as a graduate but it will be ridiculously competitve as places are reduced every year ... St georges is reducing grad med from 100 to 50 ... U get the point

Seriously why self doubt ... U will not be successful if u self doubt ... Everyone has doubts ... Its all about working out how to get round issues which give slef doubt ... Get a grip MAN ( Lol me saying this in a funny way lolz )

REMEBER BY GAPPING ALL U LOOSE IS A YEAR COMPARED TO WHAT U CAN REALISTICALLY GAIN .... IF U GET UR ALEVELS ...
Do a risk / benefit chart ( this is helpful always in life ) and decide .....
I envy u ... I wish in could say what u just said !

ON A BIT OF A HARSH NOTE WHICH U WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY SOMEONE SO ITS BETTER I DO IT LOL ... If ur confused about med dont do it ....
I would always say get more experience and then decide ... Dont be turned off by not being sure ... We are all uncertain and sometimes make decisions ... No one had a mystic ball to say u will make a bad or a great doctor ....
Ok so bear it in mind to remember if someone says to u dont do med if ur not sure ( treat that with a pinch of salt and also use that to reflect honestly ... How do u think its likely )
... Enough said

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Defer ucl for a year ... If u dont hear anything ... Sit ukcat -> smash it like get 100 % = medicine interviews = medicine ( easy peasy ) if ukcat not good u have pharmacy to go back to ... Honestly if u want medicine get everything rite at a levels ... GRADUATE ENTRY = mind Fu** ... Honestly unles u bloom and get in the top 6-8% of ukcat scores ... I would advice anyone who wants to do medicine and has done worke experience ... Can get the grades ... Forget everything else ... Get ur grades and work on these admissions test ... U can try as a graduate but it will be ridiculously competitve as places are reduced every year ... St georges is reducing grad med from 100 to 50 ... U get the point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I defer? That would be great if I could. So you're advice is to get 3 As at A2, defer my pharmacy offer whilst taking a gap year. Then Smash the UKCat and reapply?
Original post by Seeker_SM
Can I defer? That would be great if I could. So you're advice is to get 3 As at A2, defer my pharmacy offer whilst taking a gap year. Then Smash the UKCat and reapply?

Read my post above and call ucl ... ( obviously ask them with the possiblity .. Infact call a few medical achoolls who do medicine and pharmacy .. Ask them what would they advice ... Get all ur script ready ... Then call ucl ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2815

Seriously why self doubt ... U will not be successful if u self doubt ... Everyone has doubts ... Its all about working out how to get round issues which give slef doubt ... Get a grip MAN ( Lol me saying this in a funny way lolz )

REMEBER BY GAPPING ALL U LOOSE IS A YEAR COMPARED TO WHAT U CAN REALISTICALLY GAIN .... IF U GET UR ALEVELS ...
Do a risk / benefit chart ( this is helpful always in life ) and decide .....
I envy u ... I wish in could say what u just said !

ON A BIT OF A HARSH NOTE WHICH U WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY SOMEONE SO ITS BETTER I DO IT LOL ... If ur confused about med dont do it ....
I would always say get more experience and then decide ... Dont be turned off by not being sure ... We are all uncertain and sometimes make decisions ... No one had a mystic ball to say u will make a bad or a great doctor ....
Ok so bear it in mind to remember if someone says to u dont do med if ur not sure ( treat that with a pinch of salt and also use that to reflect honestly ... How do u think its likely )
... Enough said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some great advice here:smile:
Read my post above and call ucl ... ( obviously ask them with the possiblity .. Infact call a few medical achoolls who do medicine and pharmacy .. Ask them what would they advice ... Get all ur script ready ... Then call ucl ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Lots of great advice. Sorry at first I didn't see you're full reply just the first paragraph. Im sure I want to do medicine I just dont want to end up in 2015 with no place anywhere but now you said about deferring I'll do some research into it i.e call UCL up.

Have you reapplied this year? If you have where did u apply and hows it gone?
Original post by Rosine
Ahahaha! Hope only fades with every passing day. Do you know how many tubs of Ice cream I've consumed whilst on TSR because of the anticipation?!! :tongue:

Lolz ... WELl to al those including myself who haven't heard .. A virtual hug .. Probably of the group kind ha ha ha .. We all gotta stick together ... Well at least till we get an offer ( see what I did there ) Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eek.

Work at 6am in the morning and I'm never going to sleep! Especially now that I heard like 5 from the 10th got offers today?? :O
O Lordy, mine was the 10th......
Original post by Malakey95
Eek.

Work at 6am in the morning and I'm never going to sleep! Especially now that I heard like 5 from the 10th got offers today?? :O
O Lordy, mine was the 10th......

Jan or Feb?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest