The Student Room Group

Mother escapes jail after luring man to ‘humiliating’ torture with offer of threesome

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ronove
Recourse to vigilante justice would be a pretty big loss to society, actually. If you want to live in that society, good luck to you.

...what?

....agreeing to meet her for sex.
Reply 21
Original post by Chlorophile
The fact of the matter is that none of us were jurors at the court hearing so none of us know the full story. The Metro is allowed to report whatever information is convenient to the story it chooses to run. Whilst it might be true that this is a miscarriage of justice, it is more likely that there's something we don't know about that led to the Judge's decision.

Totally agree. Newspapers have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Most people who strongly oppose this decision do so based completely on a newspaper article which does not necessarily provide the true account of the events.
We don't know all the evidence, but on the surface of it, the sentence looks pretty ****ed up.
Original post by Danz123
You may be right, perhaps they had more control over her than we know, but I fail to see why the torturers didn't deserve more jail time. Again I am ignorant over full the story so the judge may have his reasons.

Most likely because of the fact that her boyfriend was abusive and she was in an abusive relationship. If her bf has been abusive to her physically and mentally, which normally includes consistent emotional manipulation to the point where the woman will think it is she who is in the wrong, then it's very easy to see how she could have been persuaded to go along with the whole thing.

Would it be right to jail a woman who was in an abusive relationship at the time, who may have feared for her own safety if she had not gone along with it? Or who may have been manipulated into cooperating?
If I lured a women into such a horrible trap and tortued them and tried to claim "I was abused-not my fault:frown:" it would be interesting to see how many people would feel pity for me.

What she did was inexcusable. She had a choice. If not-reverse the scenario; a guy does that to a woman. I bet I would be condemned right away and the excuse of it being due to my abuse not sufficent. Just my view anyway.

Having to have sex with her would in my book also have been torture and humiliating of any of my friends found out but I imagine that isn't the point of the thread.
Reply 25
Original post by snowyowl
Sorry, perhaps you misunderstand me. I wasn't saying it as if it excused her behaviour. I was pointing it out because I find it shocking that someone who is only 19 could do something like this.

It is disgusting whatever the age, of course, but the fact she is still rather young shocked me.

Oh, I see.
Reply 26
Original post by You Failed
Most likely because of the fact that her boyfriend was abusive and she was in an abusive relationship. If her bf has been abusive to her physically and mentally, which normally includes consistent emotional manipulation to the point where the woman will think it is she who is in the wrong, then it's very easy to see how she could have been persuaded to go along with the whole thing.

Would it be right to jail a woman who was in an abusive relationship at the time, who may have feared for her own safety if she had not gone along with it? Or who may have been manipulated into cooperating?

Then why did she then go have sex with the man after he was tortured, which is rape. Dont say because she feared her safety because she admitted she was 'horny'. Everything to do with the law benefits women.
Original post by Pistol 33
Then why did she then go have sex with the man after he was tortured, which is rape. Dont say because she feared her safety because she admitted she was 'horny'. Everything to do with the law benefits women.

Yeah really abused in that relationship. So abused you go and have sex with them because your feeling horny:rolleyes:
Original post by Pistol 33

She didn't. You misread, she had sex with her BF, while the 3rd guy was still torturing the guy being held. Again, who is to say the bf didn't threaten her with abuse if she did not comply and who is to say that he didn't manipulate her into thinking that it was her who wanted the sex and not him. This is not an unreasonable statement when you consider that constant manipulation ingrains self-doubt into the spouse to the point where they will believe what their partner says over what they know to be true.
Reply 29
She didn't. You misread, she had sex with her BF, while the 3rd guy was still torturing the guy being held. Again, who is to say the bf didn't threaten her with abuse if she did not comply and who is to say that he didn't manipulate her into thinking that it was her who wanted the sex and not him. This is not an unreasonable statement when you consider that constant manipulation ingrains self-doubt into the spouse to the point where they will believe what their partner says over what they know to be true.

So women can basically get away with anything they want if they just cry that they've been abused? Lucky them.

I think the fact that she was reportedly laughing during it says enough.
Reply 30
Jesus ****ing Christ look at the state of that woman..that dude must have been desperate.

Looks like the love child of uncle fester and carrot top ffs
(edited 10 years ago)
All of the sentences are shocking, as is the fact that she's only 23 - I thought she was late 30s when I looked at the pic.
Reply 32
It's disgusting what you can get away with because you have a vagina.
Well the fact that she was just an accessory and didn't actually physically participate in the torture should indeed mean a lower sentence. And while the sex was clearly motivated by being turned on by the torture, it's not illegal and at best just an indicator of character.

But it certainly deserved a fairly large whack of jail time and it is absolutely disgusting, not to mention anti-feminist, that a woman who played such a major role in planning the crime is assumed to be "under the control" of men when she does something bad.

In the real world, women, ceteris paribus - and particularly age paribus - have a much easier time manipulating men, which is proven by this very case, in that a honey-trap was the best way of manipulating him to come back to the house.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34

Stop making her out to be a victim, she's a scumbag.
Original post by Jordooooom
So women can basically get away with anything they want if they just cry that they've been abused? Lucky them.

I think the fact that she was reportedly laughing during it says enough.

And how do you draw that ludicrous conclusion? The woman may have helped to lure the man, although for all we know that was done under the threat of abuse from the BF; it clearly says that it's the BF who had problems with the guy, not the woman. The woman then doesn't take part in the torture and humiliating, that is done by the males.

So yes, it makes a lot of sense that she gets a sentence much shorter than the males since it is they who most likely orchestrated the plan and its them who carried out the bulk of the horrific deeds. What involvement the woman did actually have could have been forced.

Yet that somehow translates to: women can do whatever they want if they cry abuse?

Get real.
Reply 36

Actually she had sex with the third guy who showed up, Doyle, her 'other lover', the one who had supposedly been abusive. The boyfriend was Hogan. The article does not say that the victim was being tortured during the sex, rather than he was lying on the floor.
Original post by snowyowl
Has no one else spotted that:

which means that this woman was just nineteen when this happened?

... and the men were just 20 and 24. Broadly the same life stage. Women are only vulnerable to manipulation by men when they are significantly younger. This is why a 20-year-old with a 16-year-old girlfriend is probably taking advantage while a 25-year-old with a 20-year-old girlfriend (same proportion) probably isn't.
Reply 38
And how do you draw that ludicrous conclusion? The woman may have helped to lure the man, although for all we know that was done under the threat of abuse from the BF; it clearly says that it's the BF who had problems with the guy, not the woman. The woman then doesn't take part in the torture and humiliating, that is done by the males.

So yes, it makes a lot of sense that she gets a sentence much shorter than the males since it is they who most likely orchestrated the plan and its them who carried out the bulk of the horrific deeds. What involvement the woman did actually have could have been forced.

Yet that somehow translates to: women can do whatever they want if they cry abuse?

Get real.

How wouldn't I? Like you said, you're making excuses for her saying it's possible that she was abused herself so what is to stop other women using that defence in the future if they know it will get them off? I wonder what would have happened if the situation was reversed and a guy claimed that he was abused by his girlfriend who tortured someone. Would he be spared jail? Would he ****.

And I doubt someone who was being abused would become 'horny' in her own words after just seeing such an events.

The fact you're defending her is disgusting.
Reply 39
She's hideously ugly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending