The Student Room Group

All boys school memories

Did anyone else here absolutely love it there? Or was it just me? Does anyone have any funny memories? Those guys were so funny aha.

Favourite memory:
Finding out some upper sixth guys had 'successfully experimented' with gay sex :eek: .

Scroll to see replies

Those are the type of things that went on there?

Glad I went to a mixed school tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by Kilroy8
Those are the type of things that went on there?

Glad I went to a mixed school tbh.

Yeah, so many sheltered young men and 'gay' tendencies (even though people were not 'gay').
Reply 3
I also went to an all-boys school! I can confirm it bred a lot of gay flirting and probably more experimentation than was let on! Of course this is not to do with actually being gay but for the same reason as men **** in prisons. That said, it was a convenient "excuse" for those who did turn out gay :smile:

We were a lot better off than some as we were right next to/in partnership with a girls' school, shared some facilities, and the teachers had a torrid time keeping us separate at breaktimes.

I think single-sex schooling is slightly better, particularly in selective schools, since from my experience teaching in schools boys do a lot of their showing off for girls' benefit. I think the most important thing with schooling is choice, so that single- or mixed-sex, or, for that matter, selective and comprehensive, are available.

I firmly believe that all sixth forms should be mixed though, by that time everyone's hormones are starting to level off and everyone must have the opportunity to interact with the opposite sex within the institutional context (since it is a sandbox for real life).

I also think such a single/mixed model would be best if GCSE's were shifted back a year, and sixth form started in year 11, so exposure to girls came before the 16th birthday (cf. the lycee system). Though I might be saying that due to the fact that as a teacher, Year 9s are the year from hell and I would be happy to see them sent en masse to borstal during that year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Did you bum each other?
Reply 5
our all boys school has a all girls school nearby. you know where we hang out after school
(edited 10 years ago)
I went to a mixed school and had mates that went to all-boys schools. For some reason they would not accept the fact that nobody in my school banged in the school toilets.
Reply 7
Original post by dzoric
Did you bum each other?

No but the bond was strong , men get along way better than woman could ever do. :colondollar:
Apart from a couple of blokes who fingered another kid (through the trousers) in the arse, I don't think there were any experimental gay orgies at my school.
Reply 9
I went to an all boys sixth form and I HATED the unbelievably massive homosexual vibe from the place, couldn't bring myself to hang around with the internals... All boys' schools are weird places and I really would hate to send my son there.

there were rumours of these kids getting expelled for bumming each other in the showers... I was like...
[video="youtube;7f1MumAJTLo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f1MumAJTLo[/video]
Reply 10
I think it would've gone insane going through puberty in an all male school.
Reply 11
Original post by Ggmu!
I went to an all boys sixth form and I HATED the unbelievably massive homosexual vibe from the place, couldn't bring myself to hang around with the internals... All boys' schools are weird places and I really would hate to send my son there.

there were rumours of these kids getting expelled for bumming each other in the showers... I was like...
[video="youtube;7f1MumAJTLo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f1MumAJTLo[/video]

Haha! We had a weird arrangement as the girls part was very near. But, in the other school , which was an isolated all boys school, we knew quite a lot of friends there from sports. And they were called the "Happy Homosexuals", with good reason too because apparently groping and horseplay was apparently all the rage in the showers. I did get uncomfortable with all of the hugging and affection from my best friend at the time. After we left for university it turns out that he was in love with me... funny way of expressing it because he also slept with my gf who i knew for 15 years so we never spoke again.
After hearing the strange anecdotes in this thread, I'm very glad I went to a mixed school...
Reply 13
this thread..
Reply 14
Original post by Mr_Vain
Haha! We had a weird arrangement as the girls part was very near. But, in the other school , which was an isolated all boys school, we knew quite a lot of friends there from sports. And they were called the "Happy Homosexuals", with good reason too because apparently groping and horseplay was apparently all the rage in the showers. I did get uncomfortable with all of the hugging and affection from my best friend at the time. After we left for university it turns out that he was in love with me... funny way of expressing it because he also slept with my gf who i knew for 15 years so we never spoke again.

A girls part? There was another one but I went to a Catholic one. A bunch of squares.

Lmfao, that is some seriously scary stuff. I'm really not homophobic at all, but I can't tolerate that stuff around me or near me. One kid slapped me on my arse in the common room and I went mad (i didn't get physical lol) and he was quite apologetic, I felt bad. I think I was trying to be too manly to compensate for their lack of it. But I dont like joyful slapping arses or overly homo tendencies. Not racist, but only white kids ever did this stuff. All the non-white kids were nothing like that. I wonder what it was.
Original post by Kilroy8
After hearing the strange anecdotes in this thread, I'm very glad I went to a mixed school...

I second this.
I'd like to say I never experienced this at an all-boys school. Perhaps it's a boarding thing. :dontknow:
Reply 17
Original post by Ggmu!
A girls part? There was another one but I went to a Catholic one. A bunch of squares.

Lmfao, that is some seriously scary stuff. I'm really not homophobic at all, but I can't tolerate that stuff around me or near me. One kid slapped me on my arse in the common room and I went mad (i didn't get physical lol) and he was quite apologetic, I felt bad. I think I was trying to be too manly to compensate for their lack of it. But I dont like joyful slapping arses or overly homo tendencies. Not racist, but only white kids ever did this stuff. All the non-white kids were nothing like that. I wonder what it was.

Meh, I loved the guy as a friend. He came to visit me everyday when i was ill and he told me he wanted to drive me home everyday to make me feel better in hospital. He had a gf (we both did) but when i talked to her she said he was always talking about me. They split up soon afterwards. We did 'manly' things like play rugby and go to the pub, but everything was so affectionate. Like the guys would get annoyed when I wanted to hang out with girls. They were like "gay!", and we pretty much hugged everyday otherwise he in particular would get annoyed at why i was being cold. I got new friends in uni and he got very pissed off and laughed at my illness on facebook/slept with my gf, we deleted each other out of each other's lives but he sent me a video of Calvin Harris's "You used to hold me" and said that he saw a car with my name on the license plate. . . this was years ago. But, i still very bad that he was in love with me and i could not feel the same way. Because i did love him as a friend but his feelings just destroyed both of our lives basically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf58RAPR8Ws When i listen to the lyrics back i realised what he was saying to me basically.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kilroy8

yeah i heard that before
hiding items of food in strange locations and leaving them for months

Quick Reply

Latest