The Student Room Group

What's it like being in a relationship ?

I have loved a girl before and it was great she was my world and I was happy when I was with her. But it didnt last long as we drifted apart. I just want to know what it's like being with someone who cares about you and loves you. Is your girlfriend like your best/special friend ? Can you tell her everything.

How does it differ from a friendship ?

Also how does it effect your friendship with your friends ? I mean sometimes you need some time with the "lads" and with the "girls"

Thank You

Scroll to see replies

Well imo every relationship is different.
And a friendship differs majorly. There are some things I do with my friends or talk about that I wouldnt dare do with my partner. Its all about different people with different personalities etc that match different sides to you. You cant 'click' with everyone, thats a fact of life.
So those friends who are quiet are good for your quiet chill out days, the friends that are boisterous etc are good for getting yourself out there and discovering new things.
And a relationship is the person that unconditionally loves you and the person you return to at the end of every day when you wana steer clear of all those friends hah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best goddam feeling in the world! like being constantly high ...so long as you're with the right person. Otherwise it's completely and utterly pointless.
Reply 3
Original post by climbing_trees88
Best goddam feeling in the world! like being constantly high ...so long as you're with the right person. Otherwise it's completely and utterly pointless.

:frown: :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Overrated.
Happy and sad, funny and annoying, lovely and tiring, joyful and aggravating, special and comfortable, secure and lovely, frustrating and yet perfect :biggrin:
Reply 7
Instead of asking us how it is to have one/get one...

You will be on here asking how to cheat on her etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Sometimes it's wonderful. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass. Sometimes they decide to act cold and distant over the course of a week for no apparent reason, and you get really pissed off.
Reply 9
Original post by IMBCFC
I just want to know what it's like being with someone who cares about you and loves you. Is your girlfriend like your best/special friend ? Can you tell her everything.

How does it differ from a friendship ?

Also how does it effect your friendship with your friends ? I mean sometimes you need some time with the "lads" and with the "girls"

It's great, she's great, life with her, is great. No I can't tell her everything, the numerous affairs would kill her :lol: but I adore her :adore:

It differs in that I'm going to be marrying her, we do more things together than I'd do with my friends.

It doesn't affect my friendships, why would it? I'm not tied to her 24/7, especially not currently while I'm in London for a couple of months, she does get worried I may stray when I go on a lads night but I assure her nothing will happen, she buys it :lol:

But yeah, it's amazing, stressful mind but great nonetheless.
Reply 10
Relationships are bull****, they rarely work. Its a matter of lust between the two people unless you find someone thats willing to make the relationship work no matter what the circumstance, then my friend, you have hit the jackpot.
Effort

So the girl better be worth it
Reply 12
you loved a girl and she was your world, but it didn't last long?

I think you should start by learning what love is mate.
Reply 13
Original post by tehFrance
It's great, she's great, life with her, is great. No I can't tell her everything, the numerous affairs would kill her :lol: but I adore her :adore:

It differs in that I'm going to be marrying her, we do more things together than I'd do with my friends.

It doesn't affect my friendships, why would it? I'm not tied to her 24/7, especially not currently while I'm in London for a couple of months, she does get worried I may stray when I go on a lads night but I assure her nothing will happen, she buys it :lol:

But yeah, it's amazing, stressful mind but great nonetheless.

I admire your honesty. Can I ask, what makes you want to cheat when you say you adore her? Is it purely sexual? Do you feel guilt at all? Would you forgive her if she cheated? Many questions I know, I'm just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airfairy
I admire your honesty. Can I ask, what makes you want to cheat when you say you adore her? Is it purely sexual? Do you feel guilt at all? Would you forgive her if she cheated? Many questions I know, I'm just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's my everything but there are times when I'm away from her and contact isn't kept due to working schedules which leads me to go to a bar with some friends and then it just happens, purely sexual, I make the effort to not use real names and form any kind of emotional connection as I truly do love my OH, it's just sometimes, I enjoy different pastures :lol:

I don't feel guilty and I wouldn't no, it's different for a guy to cheat as men are, by design, meant to spread their seed whereas women aren't. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.
She's my everything but there are times when I'm away from her and contact isn't kept due to working schedules which leads me to go to a bar with some friends and then it just happens, purely sexual, I make the effort to not use real names and form any kind of emotional connection as I truly do love my OH, it's just sometimes, I enjoy different pastures :lol:

I don't feel guilty and I wouldn't no, it's different for a guy to cheat as men are, by design, meant to spread their seed whereas women aren't. Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

so if this girl showed up and you liked her would you cheat on your OH?
Hmm well I've been in a very unhealthy relationship and a healthy one

With my ex I don't even know why I went there but I became dependant on him for self esteem which drove me to do things I don't respect or agree with normally

However, with my current boyfriend who I believe I have a possible future with it's entirely different. I do see my friends less because I choose to see him In school but I have friends in his group too and I am not isolated from my girlfriends. It's harder to feel part of my single friends group sometimes because they often talk about boys and courses of action etc which seem silly when you're settled and happy.

He's sort of like a best friend but it's different, there's always an extra layer of affection and whilst he makes me feel beautiful I am not dependent on him for emotional stability. I can't really think what else to say :')

EDIT: yes I can tell him everything and I know he'll give an honest response but without judgement. Sometimes he annoys me but it's because we're so similar and equally stubborn we don't have major fights we just both apologise and move on. It's nice to have someone there but I caution people on looking for relationships because if it's not wire right it will be more stressful and destructive then anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by kidomo
so if this girl showed up and you liked her would you cheat on your OH?

Er... I already sleep with other women when I'm not in Moscow... so depending on how gorgeous, yes.
Er... I already sleep with other women when I'm not in Moscow... so depending on how gorgeous, yes.

I feel sorry for your girlfriend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel absolutely awful for your girlfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending