The Student Room Group

Is media and communication at BCU any good?

I got a conditional offer to study Media and Comm at BCU as well as Surrey but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm more inclined to choosing BCU though.
Original post by courache
I got a conditional offer to study Media and Comm at BCU as well as Surrey but I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm more inclined to choosing BCU though.

Well, Surrey's a much better uni and more highly regarded...I know someone who did Media at BCU (she's now high-ranking in PR) and she said she wished she'd started out somewhere better. Go where you prefer, but I'd be inclined to say Surrey.
Reply 2
Original post by paradoxicalme
Well, Surrey's a much better uni and more highly regarded...I know someone who did Media at BCU (she's now high-ranking in PR) and she said she wished she'd started out somewhere better. Go where you prefer, but I'd be inclined to say Surrey.

I definitely agree that Surrey is more highly regarded due to its overall ranking. However, Surrey doesn't fair so well in the 'Media and Communications' ranking.
Original post by courache
I definitely agree that Surrey is more highly regarded due to its overall ranking. However, Surrey doesn't fair so well in the 'Media and Communications' ranking.

The overall uni ranking is normally much more important to employers than the specific subject ranking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending