The Student Room Group

Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fleur_de_haine
I've had an email saying that my work experience form has been marked and I'll be invited to interview, the date and details of which are to follow in the post.

Hey I just came out of my Swansea interview and recieved the same email woo INTERVIEW at Notts :biggrin:
Reply 61
Hi,

Can anyone give me some more information on the way in which the graduate program works in Derby. I have searched around a lot and all I could find is that you are in Derby for the first 18 months. Where do you go after that? Is it not a bit lonely being in Derby with around 80 other medical students?

I just had a St George's interview and received the email about Nottingham the other day and I don't want to take an interview place up for Nottingham if I am not going to enjoy the course. I obviously have to get accepted from George's.

Thanks
Just wondering if anyone had received information on how to confirm their interview place in the post yet?
Reply 63
Original post by muppetmaster
Just wondering if anyone had received information on how to confirm their interview place in the post yet?

Not yet still waiting haven't checked today though
Reply 64
Original post by Suprnova
Hi,

Can anyone give me some more information on the way in which the graduate program works in Derby. I have searched around a lot and all I could find is that you are in Derby for the first 18 months. Where do you go after that? Is it not a bit lonely being in Derby with around 80 other medical students?

I just had a St George's interview and received the email about Nottingham the other day and I don't want to take an interview place up for Nottingham if I am not going to enjoy the course. I obviously have to get accepted from George's.

Thanks

After the first 18 months you do placements at any of the following : Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln, Boston or Mansfield. At the open day they imply that it would be at more than one place, i.e. you do placements in a few different hospitals throughout the second part of the course. Hope that helps :smile:

Original post by EBG92
Not yet still waiting haven't checked today though

I had mine in the post this morning. Interview on the first of April. You confirm it online using a referwnfe number they give in the invite pack and some other details.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by 206oste
After the first 18 months you do placements at any of the following : Derby, Nottingham, Lincoln, Boston or Mansfield. At the open day they imply that it would be at more than one place, i.e. you do placements in a few different hospitals throughout the second part of the course. Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks. That is very helpful. How does the Nottingham campus compare with the Derby one. Are you a bit isolated as a GEP student due to the size of the campus and number of students? Do you still get s student experience?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions
Reply 67
Thanks. That is very helpful. How does the Nottingham campus compare with the Derby one. Are you a bit isolated as a GEP student due to the size of the campus and number of students? Do you still get s student experience?

The Derby building for GEP medics is right behind Royal Derby Infirmary. The building is really modern and nice and they recently built a nursing school next door. I'm sure they mentioned MedSoc get involved too so I doubt you will be isolated and meet lots of new people.
Reply 68
got my letter I'm on the 10th March
Original post by EBG92
got my letter I'm on the 10th March

11th March for me :smile:
Reply 70
11th March for me :smile:

11 March also. Although it's a wait, at least plenty of prep time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71

I wouldn't say you are isolated, but it is much smaller than Nottingham. It's not far from Notts really, and there are loads of buses there very regularly.

On a different note my interview is on the 12th March.
Reply 72
Original post by 206oste
I wouldn't say you are isolated, but it is much smaller than Nottingham. It's not far from Notts really, and there are loads of buses there very regularly.

On a different note my interview is on the 12th March.

Thank you. Mine is on the 10th March
Reply 73
Thank you. Mine is on the 10th March

Hey mine is on the 10th in the afternoon
I havent got my information pack yet, with interview date, despite getting the email saying i would last weekend. Should I be worried? I am ireland based.
Reply 75
Original post by SpeedyKeating
I havent got my information pack yet, with interview date, despite getting the email saying i would last weekend. Should I be worried? I am ireland based.

I shouldn't be I mean I live an 1 hour and half away and it took 4 days to get to me so I reckon you'll get yours monday/early next week failing that email them.
Reply 76
Original post by EBG92
Hey mine is on the 10th in the afternoon

mine is too. I think it's 12:00pm
Just received my SGUL rejection with Notts being my last interview and therefore hope. I was wondering if anyone could point me to some advice for MMIs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Azrael_Alexnder
Just received my SGUL rejection with Notts being my last interview and therefore hope. I was wondering if anyone could point me to some advice for MMIs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto please! Any successful MMIs out there who want to impart some wisdom?
Reply 79
Does anybody know how early we have to be for our interview for Nottingham? Mine is at 2 so am I safe enough flying in That morning and arriving in EMA at 9.05? Or are we supposed to check in early like St George's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending