The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gracelich
In complete agreement. The bulk of History offers were given out last year on 25th Jan.....let's hope they do the same this year!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 days until my rejection then. YAY. IT'S COMING.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by SoggyTractor
2 days until my rejection then. YAY. IT'S COMING.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay positive!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Stay positive!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

NO. If I'm positive then I'll just be disappointed. Always expect the worst, that's my motto. *Breaks down crying*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by uzbek94
rejected by LSE...:frown:

Sorry mate, could you tell please your predicted grades and when did you apply?
Why do people harass those who have been rejected? Don't dog them for predicted grades etc straight away. Just be kind and supportive and leave it for a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessBlessing
Why do people harass those who have been rejected? Don't dog them for predicted grades etc straight away. Just be kind and supportive and leave it for a bit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, it's the flow of the circle jerk, I am not sure about anybody else but if you're feeling free to mention that you've been rejected or accepted on a forum then you should be able to engage with them in a discussion on this topic. I feel genuinly sorry if anyone feels the pressure from this type of questions but you don't have to answer, it's just that some of us ask this in order to deal with our own insecurities regarding the entry.
Got the "your application is strong enough to be considered further by the Admissions Selector for the BSc in International Relations programme." I guess I just entered the survival game, wonder how long will I survive though :erm:
Original post by Blackfyre
To be honest, it's the flow of the circle jerk, I am not sure about anybody else but if you're feeling free to mention that you've been rejected or accepted on a forum then you should be able to engage with them in a discussion on this topic. I feel genuinly sorry if anyone feels the pressure from this type of questions but you don't have to answer, it's just that some of us ask this in order to deal with our own insecurities regarding the entry.

I really hope you didn't just call me a jerk. And yes, but I think it would be nice if people showed some more support and sympathy first, isn't that what we come on these forums for? Support in the most stressful time of our lives to date. So when someone doesn't find success the rest of us should continue being supportive. Offer condolences and kindness and perhaps wait one or two posts before asking about grades etc. If you were speaking to someone who was rejected in person, you would do the same. I appreciate we are all anxious but we need to remain considerate.
I really hope you didn't just call me a jerk. And yes, but I think it would be nice if people showed some more support and sympathy first, isn't that what we come on these forums for? Support in the most stressful time of our lives to date. So when someone doesn't find success the rest of us should continue being supportive. Offer condolences and kindness and perhaps wait one or two posts before asking about grades etc. If you were speaking to someone who was rejected in person, you would do the same. I appreciate we are all anxious but we need to remain considerate.

I agree with you and I didn't mean to insult you:

“Circle Jerk” is a slang term referring to the positive feedback loop that can occur when ideas and beliefs are reinforced within a group or subculture’s enclosed space. The phenomenon is typically observed on websites that consists of self-contained forums for specific interests or subcultures.
Excellent :smile:

So...what are your predicted grades?
Reply 4250
Original post by silonthesofa
Damn. Well then, I'm sure I'm in for a wait still. Sent my app November 23rd I think. I feel like I'm on Survivor and every Friday is an elimination round. I've just managed to survive each week. I take it you applied to Oxbridge as well? Or coincidentally sent your app on the 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I just sent it off early in hope of an early reply haha, althought that being said, I waited over 4 month

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asking for predicted grades isn't 'dogging them'. It's a simple question that someone, even if they were on the verge of suicide, could give an easy answer to.

People would like information like that because it helps them assess their own chances. And they can be kind and supportive at the same time, which is what we're all doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have firmed or are planning to firm LSE, then join the Firmer thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2560450

If you're still waiting, I feel for you. It's not a particularly nice process, but the end is near and whatever the outcome, you will always have plenty of options.

Best of luck,

QuestionsQ
Hey uzbek 94. Sorry to hear bout your rejection mate.Im sure you''ll kill it elsewhere.
ps:the very fact that you applied to the lse means you're excellent :tongue:

Does anybody know when the bulk of law offers came out last year?
Original post by comebackasfire7
Hey uzbek 94. Sorry to hear bout your rejection mate.Im sure you''ll kill it elsewhere.

I think it was late January/early February.
I've been waiting since October 18. :frown:
When did you apply for law?

Hey there,

The week before Christmas was the first main batch (that's when I received my offer this year).

Then there should be another batch at some point in January (if there hasn't been already), followed by another batch in February/March.

This may help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/law_offers_2013

Best of luck!

QuestionsQ
Original post by QuestionsQ
Hey there,

The week before Christmas was the first main batch (that's when I received my offer this year).

Then there should be another batch at some point in January (if there hasn't been already), followed by another batch in February/March.

This may help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/law_offers_2013

Best of luck!

QuestionsQ

Thats cool ,I rlly hope I get a decision this week.Sent off on the of 7th November.And mate,are you going to be attending the lse for law ? (if you meet your conditions )
Original post by epicfail13
I think it was late January/early February.
I've been waiting since October 18. :frown:
When did you apply for law?

7th of novemeber ...
terrible wait
What are your predicted grades ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Thats cool ,I rlly hope I get a decision this week.Sent off on the of 7th November.And mate,are you going to be attending the lse for law ? (if you meet your conditions )

Yep, that's a long wait and it's not particularly pleasant either.

I've met my conditions for LSE (I'm on a gap year) and I've accepted my place!
7th of novemeber ...
terrible wait
What are your predicted grades ?

My school doesn't tell us our predicted grades, for some reason, but I know that it's a minimum of AAA
What are yours?

Quick Reply

Latest