The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Anyone going to Brighton September for Primary Teaching 3-7?

Hi, i have recently been offered a conditional offer from Brighton to study Primary Teaching 3-7, and was wondering if anyone else has heard back yet, and whether you will be commuting. I am still undecided on whether to go to Chichester or Brighton and am worried that by communting, i may not be able to get as involved in the University life as people living in Brighton.
Reply 1
Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me how long it took Brighton to get back to you after your interview? Thanks :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
About 30 minutes to where i live :smile: Have you had an interview yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Jess.93
About 30 minutes to where i live :smile: Have you had an interview yet?

Sorry, I meant how many days did you have to wait after your interview until you got an offer? :smile: Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by lwill92
Sorry, I meant how many days did you have to wait after your interview until you got an offer? :smile: Thanks

Hahah replied to wrong comment. I think it was a week :smile:
Original post by Jess.93
Hi, i have recently been offered a conditional offer from Brighton to study Primary Teaching 3-7, and was wondering if anyone else has heard back yet, and whether you will be commuting. I am still undecided on whether to go to Chichester or Brighton and am worried that by communting, i may not be able to get as involved in the University life as people living in Brighton.

Hi Jess.93

Good question. It's not a straightforward answer, as it depends on a few things really and can be different for different people. First off, plenty of students commute to study here, from quite a few directions. I did it myself from West Sussex for the duration of my course, we get students commuting from all over. I've spoken to people who travel from East Sussex, Horsham, Crawley and South London over the years. It is difficult to give you numbers on this because it varies between courses, campuses and year groups plus people move or spend time away on placements too.

My experience was this - for me, I knew that my course was the right one but for a number of reasons moving wasn't the best option. It meant I had to be more organised at getting out of bed in the morning to allow time to travel and make sure I had everything I needed for the day. I still got to know lots of people and joined in with everything that was going on. You'll meet loads of new people on campus and chances are that you will make plenty of friends who you can stay with now and then, which is useful for joining in on nights out! I also did a lot of essay planning on the train :smile:

I know that the teacher training courses here have an amazing reputation and graduates are highly sought after.
If it would help you to find out any more about the course before you decide (because this is a big decision and it is important that you get it right for you) get in touch with the school directly and ask any questions you may have [email protected]

If you would be travelling to Brighton by train, it's worth knowing about the unizone ticket. It makes the travel much cheaper - all you need is an NUS card to get it. http://www.southernrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/ticket-types/16/

Let me know if I can be any more help.

Best Wishes
Viv
Original post by Jess.93

Hey Jess, I had an interview yesterday for the Secondary PGCE English, now I'm just playing the waiting game. I was talking to the interviewer about commuting, as I'm currently a student at the Hastings Campus of UoB and want to stay living here. He highlighted how PGCE year is so much busier than an undergrad and that we don't usually get a student life, so he said commuting wouldn't really be an issue. The Uni also have links with about 1,000 schools in total, so it's likely your placement could be near to where you live :smile:

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending