The Student Room Group

Joining The RAF

I have applied to join the RAF as a mover. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to hear back after an application has been sent (the mover position avaliable at this moment) also does anyone know how long the whole process can take? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macca1992
I have applied to join the RAF as a mover. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to hear back after an application has been sent (the mover position avaliable at this moment) also does anyone know how long the whole process can take? Thanks

Depending on how many roles are open depends on how long it takes for them to process. I got an email to say they'd handed me on to the AFCO 10 days after applying and the AFCO called the same day.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply! i believe the mover position is open at the moment. Everyone iv spoke to had applied as a supplier and therr hearing back quickly so there must be huge demand! Cant believe how quick yours was! Can you give me any tips?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
What position did you apply for?!
Reply 4
The RAF will tell you 'within 10 working days', however depending on how busy they are it can either be less or more than 10 working days.

Don't worry about it at this stage, they will get back to you sooner or later. Use this time to prepare for your interview and fitness test. I am waiting for a response to my application also but use my spare time to go over some interview questions and obviously training for the fitness test. Best of luck with your application, though!
Reply 5
Original post by ryan9900
The RAF will tell you 'within 10 working days', however depending on how busy they are it can either be less or more than 10 working days.

Don't worry about it at this stage, they will get back to you sooner or later. Use this time to prepare for your interview and fitness test. I am waiting for a response to my application also but use my spare time to go over some interview questions and obviously training for the fitness test. Best of luck with your application, though!

Thanks ryan! When did you send off you application? What position did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 6
Only a few days ago (16th) so I don't expect to hear anything for a while yet! I applied for Aircraft Technician (Mechanical).
Reply 7
Ah thats cool! Well i hope all goes well for you! Keep me updated on your application :smile:
Reply 8
Ah thats cool! Well i hope all goes well for you! Keep me updated on your application :smile:

Yeah I will do, you too! Quite good to find someone else at pretty much the exact same stage so will be helpful :smile:
Reply 9
Agreed! Do you have facebook? :smile:
Reply 10
Agreed! Do you have facebook? :smile:

No, I actually don't, sorry! I have twitter, but that's not great to talk about anything in depth.
Reply 11
True! Well let me know on here how your getting on!
Reply 12
Yeah no problem! Can probably send messages and stuff on here but I literally joined this site about 30 minutes ago haha :smile:
Reply 13
Haha i joined this morning! Just came across it trying to find some infomation! Soo looking forward to when the ball starts rolling! :smile: we might even end up on the same selection course :smile:
Reply 14
I've been looking at all the RAF questions and threads for a while on here (I really have gone to town on the whole preparation thing haha) and just decided to join in now I've actually applied. Yeah, you never know! It would be good to recognise someone there. I just figured out the inbox and notifications on here so if you want to talk more without having to come back to this then drop me a message some time. Would be good to talk more about it :smile:
Reply 15
I only had to wait about a week before the AFCO sent me an email to ring then to book the aptitude test :smile: Got it booked for 18th feb hoping I do well!
Reply 16
Ahh thats good i got mine last week.. still waiting to hear back from afco :smile:
Reply 17
Ahh thats good i got mine last week.. still waiting to hear back from afco :smile:

Give them a ring and ask about it that's what I did and it got booked straight away :smile:
Reply 18
Won't be long hun, once your aptitude test is done things and your in their system things will all go pretty fast! You just better hope you don't have a medical issue else it will
Hold up your application like it did mine :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Aww thanks il call them tomorrow! :smile: and i hope not Rhys! :/

Quick Reply

Latest