The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QuestionsQ
Yep, that's a long wait and it's not particularly pleasant either.

I've met my conditions for LSE (I'm on a gap year) and I've accepted my place!

Thats excellent.You're going to be studying in the best city in the world next year.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by comebackasfire7
Thats excellent.You're going to be studying in the best city in the world next year.

Ahaha, I guess that means I live in the best city in the world too?
Original post by epicfail13
My school doesn't tell us our predicted grades, for some reason, but I know that it's a minimum of AAA
What are yours?

Whoa,thats funny cos ours doesn't inform us either and here I was thinking my school was the only one.
But I certainly would expect them to have given me a min of 40/45 IB points.
Ahaha, I guess that means I live in the best city in the world too?

Lol,you bet !
The wait is killing me...but tbh u rather be waiting than having a straight out rejection. I'm praying really hard that it all goes well..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4265
Original post by chloe_ccjy
The wait is killing me...but tbh u rather be waiting than having a straight out rejection. I'm praying really hard that it all goes well..

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's how I'm trying to think too. As much as I want a rapid response, I think most of the fast decisions are rejections, and I really do not want one of those. :wink:
Do you think a lot of decisons will be made this week or next? I've been waiting since 9th October.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4267
Original post by gracelich
Do you think a lot of decisons will be made this week or next? I've been waiting since 9th October.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This week probably. Dont stress too much about it its just a university. I was so stressed about ox and it turned out to be a rejection and it really hurt me
Reply 4268
Original post by Marhju
That's how I'm trying to think too. As much as I want a rapid response, I think most of the fast decisions are rejections, and I really do not want one of those. :wink:

Exactly :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, you really have been waiting a long time. I feel for you, Gracelich.

Keep busy!

Best of luck.
Wow, you really have been waiting a long time. I feel for you, Gracelich.

Keep busy!

Best of luck.

Yeah, I know....I think it's because I resat Year 12 and have extenuating circumstances etc. Would be nice to know by the end of Jan tbh. Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been keeping track of an approximate ratio of offers to rejections for IR? Possibly with numbers? I think I've seen a couple of rejections and only one offer which was made this past Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arminb
This week probably. Dont stress too much about it its just a university. I was so stressed about ox and it turned out to be a rejection and it really hurt me

Haha, easier said than done. Would love to be in your position right now... Knowing you'll be doing History this September! My friend was rejected for English at Oxford, so I can sympathise with how you/her felt. Bet you're super happy about LSE though...only 2 behind Oxford on the league tables :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4273
Haha, easier said than done. Would love to be in your position right now... Knowing you'll be doing History this September! My friend was rejected for English at Oxford, so I can sympathise with how you/her felt. Bet you're super happy about LSE though...only 2 behind Oxford on the league tables :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE is ranked 3, so only one below Oxford but the LSE experience would be ranked 23343 below oxford. I wasn't even happy about my LSE offer. I was in Oxford when I got it. I woke up, then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email. I swear i didn't feel anything in the heat of Oxford. Rankings don't say everything. You might get just as good teaching elsewhere and probably it won't make a difference in terms of finding a job but the privilege of life in Oxbridge for 3 years is what will change your life. My point: LSE isn't what you think it is, so just relax and see. If they were going to reject you, they would have done so already.
Reply 4274
Original post by silonthesofa
Has anyone been keeping track of an approximate ratio of offers to rejections for IR? Possibly with numbers? I think I've seen a couple of rejections and only one offer which was made this past Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only 9% are made offers according to this:
http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?utf8=✓&c%5Bq%5D=international+relations&c%5Binstitution_name_tag__or__some%5D%5B%5D=london_school_of_economics_and_political_science_university_of_london&c%5Bsort_fact%5D=relevance&commit=Apply+changes
Yeah, I know....I think it's because I resat Year 12 and have extenuating circumstances etc. Would be nice to know by the end of Jan tbh. Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hear LSE are quite good with regard to extenuating circumstances. I used to have quite severe panic attacks (luckily I got over them), so I know a little bit about extenuating circumstances.

All you can do is wait - concentrate on your school work and make sure you're on track to get your grades! You always have the opportunity to take a gap year too (I'm on one now!)
Original post by arminb
LSE is ranked 3, so only one below Oxford but the LSE experience would be ranked 23343 below oxford. I wasn't even happy about my LSE offer. I was in Oxford when I got it. I woke up, then checked the time on my phone and I saw the email. I swear i didn't feel anything in the heat of Oxford. Rankings don't say everything. You might get just as good teaching elsewhere and probably it won't make a difference in terms of finding a job but the privilege of life in Oxbridge for 3 years is what will change your life. My point: LSE isn't what you think it is, so just relax and see. If they were going to reject you, they would have done so already.

I just can't help feeling by keeping on putting a downer on LSE you're not really helping anyone out here. I
Continuously going on about how you're not happy with your offer and firming it is getting really boring now! It's a fantastic university and an amazing opportunity for you and everyone else that get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4277
Original post by PrincessBlessing
I just can't help feeling by keeping on putting a downer on LSE you're not really helping anyone out here. I
Continuously going on about how you're not happy with your offer and firming it is getting really boring now! It's a fantastic university and an amazing opportunity for you and everyone else that get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't read my posts if they bother you.

I hear LSE are quite good with regard to extenuating circumstances. I used to have quite severe panic attacks (luckily I got over them), so I know a little bit about extenuating circumstances.

All you can do is wait - concentrate on your school work and make sure you're on track to get your grades! You always have the opportunity to take a gap year too (I'm on one now!)

You too used to have panic attacks!:eek: No **** !!! i cant believe it. Finally i found someone who has panic attacks. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to get them. It is just a terrifying experience, you feel like you are dying. I had them in the exam room back in May, and that was the only day I had two exams, and the only Bs I had were those two. :frown: But its been sometimes that I didn't get them either i hope i won't experience them again. I wish the same for you:smile:

That's good to know, I don't really know their stance regarding E.C's. But, they really do explain why I failed abysmally in Year 12 (2 family deaths caused by cancer, and mum's mental health problems caused by a long and difficult divorce procedure).
Yeah, school work is acting as a great distraction from constantly checking emails/track. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's good to know, I don't really know their stance regarding E.C's. But, they really do explain why I failed abysmally in Year 12 (2 family deaths caused by cancer, and mum's mental health problems caused by a long and difficult divorce procedure).
Yeah, school work is acting as a great distraction from constantly checking emails/track. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, well I'm really sorry to hear about that.

You have plenty of options, anyway. Whatever happens, you'll make a decision and ultimately it will all work out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending